HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Chipchura sent to Hamilton

Old
10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Classy move to keep him on the roster for that week or so, as it probably put an extra 30K in his pocket.
It had nothing to do with money.
We had no extra forwards.
Higgins and Laeaque were both out with injury

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Hopefully he can be trade bait. I dont mind Dandy and I like Laps. Speed kills. This is the year that BG needs to go for it. How many cups has Iginlia won? Chip, Higgins, Fisher for Gaborik?

Chipchura wont be traded, he is gonna center our fourth line next year, Lapierre will be moved to the wing.. Begin Dandy and possibly Kosto are gone after this season..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:38 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
By bye Chip

I want to look back knowing that the Habs won the cup this year. Roll the dice and run BG! Next year the Habs lose many players. Enough satisfaction with mediocrity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post

Chipchura wont be traded, he is gonna center our fourth line next year, Lapierre will be moved to the wing.. Begin Dandy and possibly Kosto are gone after this season..

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Pascal

i'm really against trading our young guys for unproven players that will break our cap big time. we have a good enough team to go for it, and if we don't make it (which is likely) then we'll be even better next yr.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Turboflex*

Lang will be gone next year, and the habs'll need to bring in a rookie C man since there won't be any cap room for an expensive vet. Chipchura will have his shot an open centreman spot on the roster. He'll need a good year in Hamilton though to cement his place for leader to that position, and to be first in line for a call up if any of the current centres get injured.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Lang will be gone next year, and the habs'll need to bring in a rookie C man since there won't be any cap room for an expensive vet. Chipchura will have his shot an open centreman spot on the roster. He'll need a good year in Hamilton though to cement his place for leader to that position, and to be first in line for a call up if any of the current centres get injured.
If Lang does his job this year, this is not a Smolinski experiment....why wouldn't he be back for at least another year? As far as most of us prefering Lapierre to the wings so we could move Chip to the center position, well seems to me that the organization doesn't share our views. 'Cause even if Bégin, Dandy and Kosto are out, that really doesn't open that many spots. There are guys in Hamilton that may be ready to take those spots as well. And who says that the org. is ready to part with Kosto? I see him as an effective 4th liner while he seems to be a great teamate on top of that.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If Lang does his job this year, this is not a Smolinski experiment....why wouldn't he be back for at least another year? As far as most of us prefering Lapierre to the wings so we could move Chip to the center position, well seems to me that the organization doesn't share our views. 'Cause even if Bégin, Dandy and Kosto are out, that really doesn't open that many spots. There are guys in Hamilton that may be ready to take those spots as well. And who says that the org. is ready to part with Kosto? I see him as an effective 4th liner while he seems to be a great teamate on top of that.
I agree it's too soon to say who stays and who's leaving

You never know, dandy might pul a 80 pt season

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Toro

Expected move nothing more.

Chips will earn a chance to get called up when injuries hit and will continue to improve and establish his position in this organization. He isn't going to be traded. He is an important part of our depth that could be needed at some point this season. He is maturing every day, again we all knew by the numbers that he was on the roster only as long as there were injuries. Too bad there werent enough to get him some game action but i bet he learned much and took in a lot in the brief stint up with the club to start the season. Chips is a great 2 way hockey player that will get his chance. Next year he should be a regular as we will no doubt let a few UFA's walk(dandeneault,Brisebois,maybe Begin)

Hamilton will be loaded, i'll be expecting to see some good playoff hockey in Hamilton this season. Hope i get another trip there for the finals.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At least one big contract has to go next year assuming current cap level. Komisarek, Plekanic, Higgins and Latendresse's contracts expire. All of them will get raises, some of them fairly big depending on performance this season. Lang is the odd man out atm although I guess a lot of summer 2009 depends on this upcoming season so stuff can change.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
albertabound

Chip's3 year entry level comes up also in July of 2009 if he was smart he would get his agent Pat Brisson to try and move him and not stay in Montreal as I don't think he was treated fairly last season and now this season. Will be call up if there is injury is just a bunch of bs and I know that Chipper is smarter than that to believe that even if there is injuries there always going to be 3 player s in the press box ready to step in. Last season also sent down to Hamilton and was told he'd be called up never happen Locke, D'ago and Stewart were called up instead. What has done to Montreal brass to deserve this treatment is beyond me. I have only met him once but some of my friends know him personally and they said he is a really nice person now most nice people raise to the top in what ever they set out for in life and I believe everything happens for a reason and hopfully something good comes out of this for him soon. Good luck Habs.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
laubelroc

chipchura

he looked pissed off last night before game .rumors he has asked for tradde hes fed up with carb not talking to him.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Good to hear, I don't like to see young players sit. It does create a problem for Hamilton though, Lehoux, Desharnais, Maxwell and White have been the 4 centers, so someone will have to move to the wing or sit or both.
I think Chipchura is going to be converted to the wing. He just isn't good enough at center to play in the NHL.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:19 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
It had nothing to do with money.
We had no extra forwards.
Higgins and Laeaque were both out with injury
Actually Jaydee it does. Stewart, D'Agostini or maybe even Pac (our media and fan darling) could have been kept, as it was wingers that the roster was short on. I hope it says something in that the org showed Chip that he's closer than any of those guys.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
HabsSlappy

I am really disappointed that Chipchura is not staying up with the big club, but I think it is the right move given that Carbo doesn't want to play him. If it were up to me I would stick Lapierre or Chipchura on the wing and let Chipchura develop in the NHL.

A line of Lapierre-Chipchura-Laraque/Kostopoulos is in my opinion the way to go. Unfortunately, Carbo doesn't see it that way.

He really didn't look happy during the pre-game ceremony last night when they introduced him. I fear that they may have to either play him or let him go. He is a casualty of depth, much like Helm in Detroit. Hopefully we will see him if and when the injury bug hits (much like Helm getting called up today because Zetterberg is out) and then he can play himself onto the lineup.

I am one of the guys who has stuck up for Chips this year. I thought he had a great pre-season and deserved to play in Game 1 over Lapierre. Since then, Laps has played well while Chipchura was never given a chance. Thems the breaks.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
he looked pissed off last night before game .rumors he has asked for tradde hes fed up with carb not talking to him.
Where have you seen these rumours?

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
Bégin was all smiles when he was presented to the crowd. Rumors are that he was pleased to be sit for the home opener....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

When was the last time a team and it's farm team won the cup in the same year? I don't think any other top teams have a farm team as good as ours.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Kikizaz

Kyle chipchura is being jerked around...

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Classy move to keep him on the roster for that week or so, as it probably put an extra 30K in his pocket.
And of course let him experience the whole opening ceremony thing. Gotta get the future team leaders steeped in the tradition.

But with a two-way contract and waiver exemption, it was inevitable he was going down, even if he's better than a few others on the roster. If it wasn't for the little perks of the $30k and opening ceremony, he would have been in Hamilton to start the year. Classy by the Habs indeed.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

Chipchura and Lapierre fill different roles on the team. I think Chipchura lost his place when Gainey traded for Lang. Otherwise, he'd still be on the roster. Let's see what happens later in the season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Poor guy... he should be playing in the NHL.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
albertabound

Would of rather have seen him Hamilton sooner than have to put him through the opening cermony that to me is just like a jab to the gut to have him there and all along no intention of playing him they should of sent him down the same time as mac. Its head games and as far as the perk of what 30k do you think that really matters ?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
HotPie

Oh well. I still think Chipchura should be centering our 4th line but what can you do. I think it's clear that Carbo doesn't want any rookies this season.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 03:59 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Would of rather have seen him Hamilton sooner than have to put him through the opening cermony that to me is just like a jab to the gut to have him there and all along no intention of playing him they should of sent him down the same time as mac. Its head games and as far as the perk of what 30k do you think that really matters ?
You must be on easy street, 30K means something to me. I'm disapointed as I think he can play. It's purely numbers though. There are guys that the staff feels do some things that he doesn't I guess.

We have posters here that like Lapierre's energy and speed, some that hate th eguy, some like Chipchura, some don't. Right now, only one of them was going to stay, and Lapierre was chosen. I think it's probably a tempo sort of thing as Lapierre is supposed to forecheck, create some pressure etc.

Again, I prefer Chipchura but no one asked me. I don't see any fair,unfair really. You want to see unfair, look at the guys Detroit sent down, Helm and Keino [?].

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Actually Jaydee it does. Stewart, D'Agostini or maybe even Pac (our media and fan darling) could have been kept, as it was wingers that the roster was short on. I hope it says something in that the org showed Chip that he's closer than any of those guys.
Pac would not have stayed. They wanted someone with experience to stay if needed.
Chipchura has the most experience of the 4.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote