HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Teufelsdreck : You could have answered/argued here instead of starting a pointless thread in order to ridiculize other members...

I hope you feel cool now...
The poll was pointless....

Many people will say I don't hate Latendresse... but I don't see him playing very well this year.

To me that means you may think your unbiased, but you either
a) know nothing about the game
b) you are biased and your bias is clouding your judgement.

I have seen many posters saying Latendresse sucks, he should be off that line, He is missing a ton of chances, he only scores cause someone else does all the work, he is no faster than he was, he hasn't improved in three years... etc.

To me if you honestly believe that after watching the games this year, then its clear you are missing something.

Old
10-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The poll was pointless....

Many people will say I don't hate Latendresse... but I don't see him playing very well this year.

To me that means you may think your unbiased, but you either
a) know nothing about the game
b) you are biased and your bias is clouding your judgement.

I have seen many posters saying Latendresse sucks, he should be off that line, He is missing a ton of chances, he only scores cause someone else does all the work, he is no faster than he was, he hasn't improved in three years... etc.

To me if you honestly believe that after watching the games this year, then its clear you are missing something.
They're allowed to have that opinion, everyone sees the game differentely. I could see why someone thinks he should be off the line even if I strongly disagree with it.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
About Latendresse/Higgins. I like Latendresse' a lot, and he's put some points up with Tangs/Koivu, but I don't see him adding much to the cerebral play of that line. Higgins is a finisher too, but the difference is his extra experience in the league, and a lot of time played on Koivu's wing. He has better NHL timing to keep up with (and participate in) the Tangs/Koivu passing game, and better all around game to make the line more effective in it's own end/neutral zone. Latendresse is great in the opposition zone, but mediocre in other aspects of play. I'd liek to see Higgins back with Koivu and see what they're capable of, It could be a REALLy dominant line all over the ice, with a strong east/west game when needed.

It's hardly a demotion for Latendresse to be with Sergei and Lang, two good players with tons of offensive ability, and I think he might be more comfortable with them even, playing a more straightforward meat and potatoes style game.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Higgins has more upside with Koivu/Tanguay than Latendresse does at this point in time while both will be equally effective with Sergei and Lang.
Dead on what I was thinking. I just couldn't put it in words that wouldn't offend Latendresse fanatics.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
They're allowed to have that opinion, everyone sees the game differentely. I could see why someone thinks he should be off the line even if I strongly disagree with it.
Off the line okay.... but there are some who have gone as far to say "Latendresse sucks... we would be better off if we cut him today and put MaxPac on the team" even after the first three games.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

LOL... I'm not a Latendresse fanatic... I just say that whoever the player is, when he's the 12th scorer in the NHL, it means he's done something good. As for being fanatic... well I can't see any Latendresse fanatic on these boards. I can only see Latendresse bashers.

No matter how well the kid plays, he'll always get some hate.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
LOL... I'm not a Latendresse fanatic... I just say that whoever the player is, when he's the 12th scorer in the NHL, it means he's done something good. As for being fanatic... well I can't see any Latendresse fanatic on these boards. I can only see Latendresse bashers.

No matter how well the kid plays, he'll always get some hate.
I don't hate the kid. I even find his play greatly improved. I just don't think he is the best fit on that line. Nothing to hate though

Old
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM
znk

Well...I'm not super impressed with Lats. When you focus on him when he doesnt have the puck and just after he had it it's pretty painful to watch.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Well...I'm not super impressed with Lats. When you focus on him when he doesnt have the puck and just after he had it it's pretty painful to watch.
He still has a lot of things to work... But he's playing much better than before. He does not look like a fool out there.

What I like is the way he uses his body to make room for his linemates this year. I'm seeing the Lats I was hoping to see when he was kept with the big club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and by the way everyone, just take a look at this thread... it's soooo funny :

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=562422

hell... when's the last time we did an official thread on Lucic or Chara? We really are a part of these guys' life...

Old
10-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I don't hate the kid. I even find his play greatly improved. I just don't think he is the best fit on that line. Nothing to hate though
That's my opinion as well. He's had a good start but I just don't feel he can keep up with Tanguay. There were two examples last night where Tanguay created a 2 on 1 with his great speed but Latendresse couldn't keep up and turned over the puck. I think he'd be better suited with Lang and Sergei who play like to slow the play down. Higgins has speed to burn and had the most shots on our team last year. He is a better player than Lats and should be playing with our top players. It's nothing against Lats but IMO Higgins should be playing with Koivu and Tanguay.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's my opinion as well. He's had a good start but I just don't feel he can keep up with Tanguay. There were two examples last night where Tanguay created a 2 on 1 with his great speed but Latendresse couldn't keep up and turned over the puck. I think he'd be better suited with Lang and Sergei who play like to slow the play down. Higgins has speed to burn and had the most shots on our team last year. He is a better player than Lats and should be playing with our top players. It's nothing against Lats but IMO Higgins should be playing with Koivu and Tanguay.
No doubt, that is the way it will be. Plus, this lets Kostopoulos play on the 4th line. A big improvement over Begin/Dandenault.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think his instincts without the puck are ok. I don't have a problem with his defense, he makes mistakes, but I find he's committed to it.

Last night was a few plays that were glaring, but usually he handles the puck well and gets his shots off.

The only criticism I really have is that he has to work on his puck reception. He has too many passes bounce off his stick. I thought Tanguay had a problem here as well, but I think it should get chalked up to playing the offside and getting used to it, as he was much better last night.

Maybe he shouldn't be making cute moves in open ice, needs to make faster decisions, but I don't know if those 2-3 plays were really indicative of him.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
BJCOLLINS

last year I thought Lats could have worked on his skills in the AHL. BUT...BUT, this year I've got no complaints with this KID.He's working harder, skating better and hitting more.

My only concern is how he will do with Lang and SK74 IF he is put on that line. I'm in the camp that thinks Higgins should play with Tangs & Saku.

Old
10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
brownman*

Basically, when Higgins returns, this team will never come close to seeing defeat for several years.

Old
10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Dead on what I was thinking. I just couldn't put it in words that wouldn't offend Latendresse fanatics.
This was absolutely necessary, I'm sure. What's with the effing drama queens?

Old
10-16-2008, 08:46 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Basically, when Higgins returns, this team will never come close to seeing defeat for several years.
Higgins has that effect on people

Old
10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
znk

Quote:
Oh, and by the way everyone, just take a look at this thread... it's soooo funny :

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=562422

hell... when's the last time we did an official thread on Lucic or Chara? We really are a part of these guys' life...
Well it's good to know that many of them have a head on their shoulders.

Old
10-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The more Bruins fan bicker about Komisarek not fighting Lucic, the less I want Komisarek to fight Lucic. I'm sorry but the amount it irks the Bruins and their fans is hilarious.

Old
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The more Bruins fan bicker about Komisarek not fighting Lucic, the less I want Komisarek to fight Lucic. I'm sorry but the amount it irks the Bruins and their fans is hilarious.
+1. I've been saying that since last season. It's awesome.

Old
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
JrHockeyFan

Good grief. That Komi = Ulf thread is a total waste of time. Childish really. Please, nobody create anything that embarrassing on this board

Old
10-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
it is hilarious indeed... Never ever fight Lucy Komi, you'll make me an happy man

Old
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Imagine if he were to fight Lucic and totally destroy him, that would be pretty sweet as well.

Old
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Imagine if he were to fight Lucic and totally destroy him, that would be pretty sweet as well.
but only if we crush them for two more seasons

Old
10-16-2008, 10:04 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Mike Komisarek got into the University of Michigan. Milan Lucy would be lucky to get a job as janitor at U of M. Komi is very smart and not only has he mind tortured Lucy but the whole Bruin's fans to boot. While Lucy is busy always trying to go after Komi he isn't messing with Markov. I think it would be better if Komi never did fight him as it will just drive Boston nuts

Old
10-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Lucic would kick Komi's ass like that!

Old
10-16-2008, 11:02 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Good grief. That Komi = Ulf thread is a total waste of time. Childish really. Please, nobody create anything that embarrassing on this board
lol... I can't believe those bruins fans are going at Komi not fighting lucy. man, after all those moral victory and now this? We should just keep spanking them, what is it now? 12 straight regular season wins? man talk about domination

LMAO

Closed Thread