HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Fritsche MIA

Old
10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Dougmustgo*

vCash: 500
Dan Fritsche MIA

Anyone know why Dan Fritsche is not playing? If I am correct he has only played one game this year and that was against The Devils. During that game he played the off wing for only 9 minutes.

I thought the kid had a very good pre-season, I even got the chance to watch him over here and he played very well. I believe he had 3 points in the pre-season. We could use a 3rd or 4th line center we should give him a shot there. I think scratching this kid is not helping him or our team. Even though we are 5-1, I still think we would be even better with him in the line-up. Playing this kid once every 5 games isn't proving anthing IMO.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Celestial Black

We keep moving him, Pru and Dawes around to see who deserves a shot.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
We keep moving him, Pru and Dawes around to see who deserves a shot.
So does that mean someone is going to get dealt somewhere and if so why wasn't this evaluation done during the pre-season?

Old
10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
LyNX27

Personally... Dawes has to go, I dont think i've seen him on any good play... he hasn't been on for the bad plays, but... come on your fighting for a roster spot and you can't try to put the jets on?

From what Fritsche showed in the Pre-season he earned that spot with speed and his ability to break through the defense, even if only on dump and chase to pick it up on the other side. I'm not sure why he hasn't been rotated in and given a solid chance.

Sorry SingnBlues... didn't finish the though

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Guys the topic is Fritche. There are plenty of threads that talk who should be moved. Enough Prucha v. Dawes.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Dougmustgo*

I agree but the only way to get a fair assessment of each player is to play them for more than one game and also to give them legit ice time and try them in various situations maybe with a little PP or PK time.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I would like to see Fritsche given a long look. I've read nothing but good things about him, and Slats clearly wanted him.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
So does that mean someone is going to get dealt somewhere and if so why wasn't this evaluation done during the pre-season?
I don't think there will be a trade. I think it's done so each player performs at 110% instead of someone taking a night off. It's a great idea IMO.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Fritche

The only problem Fritche has is Lauri Korpedo....

If Lauri didn't shine in preseason and impress the coaches Fritche would be the 3rd line center.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post

If Lauri didn't shine in preseason and impress the coaches Fritche would be the 3rd line center.
i'd say that now korpi has gone kinda cold they should try fritsche at third line center and put korpi on LW.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Xoggz22

I don't know what it is with Fritsche. He had trouble in Columbus getting playing time too. I thought he was a surprise to be shipped out. Kid has big time heart and appears to have enough skill for 3rd line duty and some spot 2nd line duty. He's not afraid to use the body has good speed too. Geez...sounds like he should be pretty good.

I'm sorry to see him scratched in NY. I'd love to have him back in Columbus. I think if he can get some time you'll see he was an excellent pick up and will benefit the Rangers. I hope he gets that chance.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I would like to see Fritsche given a long look. I've read nothing but good things about him, and Slats clearly wanted him.
I would love to hear when exactly Fritche have been good? (from thoose that writes that he have been so impressive?)

I've said all allong that he atleast showed me absolutely nothing during preseason and now against NJ. Allot of people aruged against me -- but now Fritsche is the one who have seen the ice the least during the regular season. So apparantly Renney don't think much of him either.

By my account, Greg Moore outplayed him during preseason.

Sure, he could definitly have more in him. He could be a slow starter -- some players are slow out of the blocks in hockey. He could need time to adjust.

But right now he should be lucky that he haven't been cut.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Korpikoski hasn't shown much IMO. I'd say give him a few more games and if he doesn't improve send him down to HFD for additional seasoning. Then put Frische in that spot and let the competition for that wing spot be between Dawes & Prucha.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:36 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Korpikoski hasn't shown much IMO. I'd say give him a few more games and if he doesn't improve send him down to HFD for additional seasoning. Then put Frische in that spot and let the competition for that wing spot be between Dawes & Prucha.
I think he hasn't shown much b/c Korpi isn't a true center. They should use Fritsche at center and shift Korps to LW.

Korps-Fritsche-Cally

it really doesn't matter to much b/c by the end of the season I have the sneaking suspicion that the third line will be

Korps-Ani-Cally

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I think Korpikoski has looked good, his linemates however are a bit offensivly challenged.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:44 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I would love to hear when exactly Fritche have been good? (from thoose that writes that he have been so impressive?)

I've said all allong that he atleast showed me absolutely nothing during preseason and now against NJ. Allot of people aruged against me -- but now Fritsche is the one who have seen the ice the least during the regular season. So apparantly Renney don't think much of him either.

By my account, Greg Moore outplayed him during preseason.

Sure, he could definitly have more in him. He could be a slow starter -- some players are slow out of the blocks in hockey. He could need time to adjust.

But right now he should be lucky that he haven't been cut.
You're asking the wrong person, Ola. When we acquired him, Columbus posters said he excelled when he was given a chance with good players. I took their word for it.

He showed little in pre-season, but I didn't see much from 3/4 of our team to be honest.

I'm not arguing that Fritsche is a great player or anything close, I'm just saying I'd like to see him play in a couple of real games before I can form a concrete opinion of what he is or isn't.

Our third line has done nothing... I don't see the harm in giving him a look for a couple games.

Old
10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Vitto79

Fritsche is in 2nite, Dawes too........I hope they both pick it up and score.......it's the Leafs

Trade Prucha to TO after the game for Ian White and a pick, thanks

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
top shelfed

I think Fritsche has lots of upside and if given adequate ice-time he can certainly produce some 3rd line scoring. He's been around for a while, but is still only 23 years old with speed and pretty good hands.

Sather loves taking these low risk/high reward chances with younger players who, for one reason or another, were given up on by other teams. See Sjostrom, Backman, Hossa, Fedorov, Balej, Betts, etc. Although most of them haven't materialized the way Slats hoped, I think Fritsche should still be given some time before completely dismissing him.

Prucha should have been moved as soon as Shanahan was signed. His value was highest from playing on the PP during an incredible season by JJ. He has similar value as some of the names mentioned above [somewhere from a 2nd-4th round pick] - I'm sure one team will take a chance on him.

top shelfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
LyNX27

Korpedo has been excelling defensively. Personally this was not the year to bring him in. I think we should have signed Nedved, let Korpi spend one more season in Hartford, tell him to work on his offensive games... Then brought him in next year. But Nedved is water under the bridge cause Fritsche should be centering that line. His speed helps him break through the trap play and pick up the puck on dump and chase, hes a great player for our system, i think hes just the odd man out... like prucha last season...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Korpedo has been excelling defensively. Personally this was not the year to bring him in. I think we should have signed Nedved, let Korpi spend one more season in Hartford, tell him to work on his offensive games... Then brought him in next year. But Nedved is water under the bridge cause Fritsche should be centering that line. His speed helps him break through the trap play and pick up the puck on dump and chase, hes a great player for our system, i think hes just the odd man out... like prucha last season...
He made the team and deserves a shot........but their is tons of depth...........if they send him down in a few weeks fine but give him a chance first...........it's 6 games

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
MrZ123

Send a message via AIM to MrZ123
How the $*%^ do they expect any of the players, Dawes, Fritsche, or Prucha, to show what they can do if they only get to play one game at a time!

I would say a player needs at least 4-5 games to show their stuff...

MrZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ123 View Post
How the $*%^ do they expect any of the players, Dawes, Fritsche, or Prucha, to show what they can do if they only get to play one game at a time!

I would say a player needs at least 4-5 games to show their stuff...
Tom's looking for lightning in a bottle, hoping that something just clicks.

Old
10-17-2008, 02:18 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post

dude that's not a fair comparison.... Korpedo's upside is insanely higher than Fritche's

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:27 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by top shelfed View Post
I think Fritsche has lots of upside and if given adequate ice-time he can certainly produce some 3rd line scoring. He's been around for a while, but is still only 23 years old with speed and pretty good hands.

Sather loves taking these low risk/high reward chances with younger players who, for one reason or another, were given up on by other teams. See Sjostrom, Backman, Hossa, Fedorov, Balej, Betts, etc. Although most of them haven't materialized the way Slats hoped, I think Fritsche should still be given some time before completely dismissing him.

Prucha should have been moved as soon as Shanahan was signed. His value was highest from playing on the PP during an incredible season by JJ. He has similar value as some of the names mentioned above [somewhere from a 2nd-4th round pick] - I'm sure one team will take a chance on him.
Don't forget about Immonen as well. Even Paul Mara. Throw Bourret in there as well. So yea. You're right.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Don't forget about Immonen as well. Even Paul Mara. Throw Bourret in there as well. So yea. You're right.
That makes him right? More than half the league has gone through low risk/high reward youngsters that didnt seem to be cutting it somewhere else. You can't say its only sather. Its the nature of the beast.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote