HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Chipchura sent to Hamilton

Old
10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
CPrice

vCash: 500
Damn, I thought this would be announced soon. I want to see Chips in the CH asap.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 04:34 PM
ToysInTheAttic

If it were up to myself Chipchura would be in the line-up, as would Weber, and Pacioretty. I think all 3 players will be in the line-up by the end of the season.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
If it were up to myself Chipchura would be in the line-up, as would Weber, and Pacioretty. I think all 3 players will be in the line-up by the end of the season.
and where are you making this room for them?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
and where are you making this room for them?
Brisebois, Dandenault, and LaPierre.

Old
10-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Brisebois, Dandenault, and LaPierre.
Brisebois - God knows I hate him but he has been playing very good and will be siting out more often then not. Without him your saying one of your young guys has to sit. Not worth it.

Dandenault - again, i dont like him but has been doing his job.
again, if you dont keep him, young guys will be sitting out. not worth it.

Lapierre - playing well.

Its not woth having the young guys up so they can sit in the press box.
Let them play in Hamilton. They will get better and they will get there chance.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Erika

Finally, Chipchura is now where he belongs..... In the AHL !! His look on his face yesterday was just.... well.... sad....

Only good news is that he will make the Bulldogs a little bit stronger, which is good for our prospects.

I don't see any future for this guy with this team. There are way better players coming up next year. A slow defensive centerman that sucks at face-off ?! No thanks !!

I just hope that Gainey trade him while he still has some value left...

Include him in a package deal or something, because he isn't going to make this team anyways (this year of next) IMO.

I really like the Gaborik idea... something like Higgins + Chipchura + PK Subban might be a start...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Finally, Chipchura is now where he belongs..... In the AHL !! His look on his face yesterday was just.... well.... sad....

Only good news is that he will make the Bulldogs a little bit stronger, which is good for our prospects.

I don't see any future for this guy with this team. There are way better players coming up next year. A slow defensive centerman that sucks at face-off ?! No thanks !!

Include him in a package deal or something, because he isn't going to make this team anyways (this year of next) IMO.

I really like the Gaborik idea... something like Higgins + Chipchura + PK Subban might be a start...
The salary cap called... your deal doesn't work....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
JrHockeyFan

Better for Chipper to get the minutes and win a call-up. This is the right move

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Brisebois - God knows I hate him but he has been playing very good and will be siting out more often then not. Without him your saying one of your young guys has to sit. Not worth it.

Dandenault - again, i dont like him but has been doing his job.
again, if you dont keep him, young guys will be sitting out. not worth it.

Lapierre - playing well.

Its not woth having the young guys up so they can sit in the press box.
Let them play in Hamilton. They will get better and they will get there chance.
Well, the way I see things I would rather see Weber up with the CH because usually a top 6 D-man is going to be out injured, so this would result in a lot of quality playing time for Weber. The same for MaxPac in regards to Dandy. Also, like Price stated last year, he learned a lot more in practices with the Habs due to the increased speed and skills level than he would have learned in Hamilton. I'm sure there are very few who regret bringing up Price a year early. The lack of playing time argument would be equivalent to saying Halak should remain in Hamilton as opposed to Denis, because he would see more playing time.

Laps and Chipper are a different story. Two good prospects with differing talents. I'd like to see them platooned for now.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Where are all the people who said he was a lock in the roster, who put him in front of Lapierre, who would've benching him or trading Begin, Dandy... even Latendresse?

Where are they now?

...'cause I remember them clearly lecturing me about it...
Chipchura is a lock to play in the NHL imo. I would put him in front of Lapierre myself as I have been saying since he was with the Rocket that he should be on the wing instead of center, but Carbo doesn't agree with me, oh well. I would have Lappy and Chipchura on the same line but it doesn't have to be this year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
Chipchura is a victim of the depth that we have in montreal otherwise he'd be playing in the NHL now.

I wouldn't mind to use him as a trade bait though.
I think he should stick around until next year. After Koivu, Pleks, and Lang leave as free agents, he might be our # 1 center!

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
goldglove

next year lineup!

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Pacioretty - Higgins - Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Weber

Price
Halak

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Let Weber and Pacioretty develop in Hamilton. If they are tearing up the league in January then maybe have a look at them.
As for Chips, I feel sorry for him. He may not have the same hockey skills as Laps but he brings a work ethic and character something that I think Laps will never have. When the going gets a little tougher close to playoff time I take Chips over Laps anytime.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:42 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Switch Higgins and Lats

You switch Higgins and Lats...why

1. Higgins speed matches Koivu and Tanguay better than Lats.

2. Higgins has better hands... 27 goals... yes I know he hits posts but with both Koivu and Tanguay feeding him passes... pencil in 30-35 goals.

3. Higgins has way more hockey sense than Lats.

4. Lats will do fine playing with Lang

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins- Koivu - Tanguay
Latendresse- Lang - S. Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:44 PM
BJCOLLINS

well that sucks, I understand why Bob did it......he shouldn't be sitting.

Dandy needs to go. IMO, Begin is more versitile (pk energy grit) and Kosto is a warrior.

Lapierre & BGL are everyday players. So right now we have 5-4th line players

So we move Dandy and we put Begin in the press box as our extra forward.

Man we have alot of depth right behind those guys...Chipper, Pac, D'Go, Stewart.

There will be injuries lets just hope that it's 4th line guys and not the D.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Let Weber and Pacioretty develop in Hamilton. If they are tearing up the league in January then maybe have a look at them.
As for Chips, I feel sorry for him. He may not have the same hockey skills as Laps but he brings a work ethic and character something that I think Laps will never have. When the going gets a little tougher close to playoff time I take Chips over Laps anytime.
I disagree regarding Weber and Pacioretty, as both showed during the pre-season that they are ready. In my opinion, both should be in Montreal right now.

Old
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins- Koivu - Tanguay
Latendresse- Lang - S. Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges
loven it

Old
10-16-2008, 06:52 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
well that sucks, I understand why Bob did it......he shouldn't be sitting.

Dandy needs to go. IMO, Begin is more versitile (pk energy grit) and Kosto is a warrior.

Lapierre & BGL are everyday players. So right now we have 5-4th line players

So we move Dandy and we put Begin in the press box as our extra forward.

Man we have alot of depth right behind those guys...Chipper, Pac, D'Go, Stewart.

There will be injuries lets just hope that it's 4th line guys and not the D.
I think that trust gets involved at a point. Late in games, coaches want veterans who might be limited but , in his opinion, can carry out assignments. So, while we get sick of the old guard , coaches don't.

It seems that, however the team defines lines or players, Chipchura is a checking C, Lapierre is a 4th line C, and I conclude this because they have a traditional 4th line but not a traditional checking line, so Chipchura has less value.

I like Chipchura and Lapierre on the same line, but damn you Carbo....

As for the faceoff thing, well, guys get better by taking faceoffs against NHL competition. He has to improve in this area but he neeeds to play to do it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think that trust gets involved at a point. Late in games, coaches want veterans who might be limited but , in his opinion, can carry out assignments. So, while we get sick of the old guard , coaches don't.
I agree 100% and with Carbo, Muller & Bob at the helm your point is painfully obvious.
Dandy and Breez-by will be used much more this year than I would like.

PS they already have.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
I disagree regarding Weber and Pacioretty, as both showed during the pre-season that they are ready. In my opinion, both should be in Montreal right now.
The Habs are not trying to develop young players this year, they are going for the cup. Having experience guys like Dandy in the lineup is better than bringing up these guys and having them play very little. There will be plenty of openings next year. Pacioretty looked great, but he needs a year of pro hockey before hitting the NHL.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
The Habs are not trying to develop young players this year, they are going for the cup. Having experience guys like Dandy in the lineup is better than bringing up these guys and having them play very little. There will be plenty of openings next year. Pacioretty looked great, but he needs a year of pro hockey before hitting the NHL.
I'm sorry to disagree, but there is no way this team wins the Stanley Cup with Dandenault and Brisebois in the line-up. Won't happen.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Well, the way I see things I would rather see Weber up with the CH because usually a top 6 D-man is going to be out injured, so this would result in a lot of quality playing time for Weber. The same for MaxPac in regards to Dandy. Also, like Price stated last year, he learned a lot more in practices with the Habs due to the increased speed and skills level than he would have learned in Hamilton. I'm sure there are very few who regret bringing up Price a year early. The lack of playing time argument would be equivalent to saying Halak should remain in Hamilton as opposed to Denis, because he would see more playing time.

Laps and Chipper are a different story. Two good prospects with differing talents. I'd like to see them platooned for now.
Price has already shown he could dominate at the AHL level.... Pac and Weber haven't shown that yet.

Old
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:

Simply stunning. Holy ****ing hell.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Where are all the people who said he was a lock in the roster, who put him in front of Lapierre, who would've benching him or trading Begin, Dandy... even Latendresse?

Where are they now?

...'cause I remember them clearly lecturing me about it...

I know, most of the people bashed me hard for saying that Chipchura is no lock at all in the roster... I will not call any names out, they know who they are...

With that said, players like Kyle Chipchura are raining in the hockey world... I said it since the first day we drafted him and I will repeat it again with pleasure: WHAT A WASTE OF A 1st round pick !! This guy will never make the NHL as a regular, mark my words !! He's just nothing special, sadly.

Pull the thrigger Bob, please

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I know, most of the people bashed me hard for saying that Chipchura is no lock at all in the roster... I will not call any names out, they know who they are...

With that said, players like Kyle Chipchura are raining in the hockey world... I said it since the first day we drafted him and I will repeat it again with pleasure: WHAT A WASTE OF A 1st round pick !! This guy will never make the NHL as a regular, mark my words !! He's just nothing special, sadly.

Pull the thrigger Bob, please
We got the point already on Chipchura and Higgins...

Do you have these posts saved on your harddrive and then you cut and paste them to HF... cause everytime you are in a Chipchura or Higgins thread they say the exact same thing.