HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help! Where is the HD Hockey in Nashville?

Old
10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
CHestah in Maine

vCash: 500
Help! Where is the HD Hockey in Nashville?

Hello Preds fans,

Greetings from a recently transplanted Montreal Canadiens' fan. First off, let me say I went to the home opener Saturday night and was very impressed with both the spirit of the fans and their knowledge. Now that I am a Nashvillian, the Preds are my second favorite team.

Now, the purpose of my post: where the heck is the high definition hockey here in Nashville? I have Comcast and the Center Ice package...they're supposed to show up to 7 games a week in HD, but because the Center Ice package is not in the HD tier, I'm getting shut out. My old cable provider in Maine remedied this by having a channel in their HD tier that showed HD games from the different sports packages (i.e.; NHL Center Ice, the NBA package, MLB Extra Innings). Am I missing something? I contacted Comcast and got a lame stock response.

More specifically -- are the Preds' games now shown in HD?? If so, any suggestions on what channel I can find them on if you have Comcast in Nashville?

Thanks so much. You guys have a great young team, especially your defense.

CHestah in Maine

CHestah in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHestah in Maine View Post
Hello Preds fans,

Greetings from a recently transplanted Montreal Canadiens' fan. First off, let me say I went to the home opener Saturday night and was very impressed with both the spirit of the fans and their knowledge. Now that I am a Nashvillian, the Preds are my second favorite team.

Now, the purpose of my post: where the heck is the high definition hockey here in Nashville? I have Comcast and the Center Ice package...they're supposed to show up to 7 games a week in HD, but because the Center Ice package is not in the HD tier, I'm getting shut out. My old cable provider in Maine remedied this by having a channel in their HD tier that showed HD games from the different sports packages (i.e.; NHL Center Ice, the NBA package, MLB Extra Innings). Am I missing something? I contacted Comcast and got a lame stock response.

More specifically -- are the Preds' games now shown in HD?? If so, any suggestions on what channel I can find them on if you have Comcast in Nashville?

Thanks so much. You guys have a great young team, especially your defense.

CHestah in Maine
Preds game on Comcast are broadcasted on channel 247

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Preds game on Comcast are broadcasted on channel 247
It should be noted that only a select few games will be in HD. Something like 20 out of the 55 broadcasted.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
CHestah in Maine

Excellent; thanks so much for the info. Any reason why the Center Ice package HD games are not shown on this channel?

Old
10-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHestah in Maine View Post
Excellent; thanks so much for the info. Any reason why the Center Ice package HD games are not shown on this channel?
That's a whole package altogether ... gotta call comcast and request it ... those channels start on 771 & NHL Network is 276

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 09:11 AM
CHestah in Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
That's a whole package altogether ... gotta call comcast and request it ... those channels start on 771 & NHL Network is 276
Great screen name. Anyhow, I have the NHL Center Ice package. What's frustrating is that they are not showing the NHL Center Ice HD games. LIke tonight, there are two games being shown in HD; one at 7 and one at 1030. My old carrier (TimeWarner) had a channel on their HD tier for precisely this reason. Conmcast refuses to show these games on channel 247, which I think is pretty rotten.