HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So far we've lost...

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
So far we've lost...

Name, (Group) - Status
Jaroslav Modry, (III)-Atlanta
Ian Laperriere, (II) - Colorado

Last edited by Reaper45: 07-02-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old
07-01-2004, 07:57 PM
guzmania

No we've only lost Modry so far. All the others could go or could stay. Now, I think that most of them will go but one or 2 will sign for less than it took to qualify them. Funny that the one guy that not too many of us wanted back is one of the first to sign, Modry.

As far as better or worse lets wait til it all shakes out. If nothing is obtained through free agency then I will be as disappointed as I can be.

Old
07-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
No we've only lost Modry so far. All the others could go or could stay. Now, I think that most of them will go but one or 2 will sign for less than it took to qualify them. Funny that the one guy that not too many of us wanted back is one of the first to sign, Modry.

As far as better or worse lets wait til it all shakes out. If nothing is obtained through free agency then I will be as disappointed as I can be.
You really think any of those guys are going to be in L.A. next year? I don't. . .

Old
07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Lapperriere and Carter will be back, but that's it, I think.

NO ONE will sign Deadmarsh until he's cleared to play.

Old
07-01-2004, 08:41 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Anyone think that the team has gotten better or worse?
Jaroslav Modry- his time came and went with the Kings. With Dempsey, Visnovsky, and Corvo, they could...could...hit around 30 points each. So the loss of Modry, whether you like him or not, doesn't really hurt. Gleason and Grebeshkov both play the left side too, so it was time to go.

Zigmund Palffy- doesn't sound like there's much that could've been done. There's that foreign article about he just wants to leave LA, and in an article on TSN by McKenzie it mentions that he wants to go back East. His contract is up, so he can do whatever he wants.

Josef Stumpel- he was brought back to play with Palffy. He had that one good year with the Kings, where he scored 21 goals(where did that Stumpel go?), and led the team in scoring playing on a line with Murray and Tsyplakov. He also had a decent playoff when the Kings took the Avs to game 7 in the 2nd round. If he was the same Stumpel that scored 21 goals, and made Tsyplakov a 52 point player, that would be one thing. But he's not that player anymore.

Pavel Rosa- wasn't in the plans. If he gets a shot somewhere else in the league, good for him. But if he doesn't, then maybe Murray wasn't a complete idiot for not playing him.

John Tripp- just a minor league signing last summer. He got in some games, but he wasn't going to get the Kings a playoff spot, nor did he lose it by being in the lineup.

Jason Allison- he's been out for a year and a half. There was no other choice but to let him go. We'll see if he ever comes back to play anywhere, and if he does, if he's ever close to the player that he was.

Anson Carter- gave up Aulin to get him. Not the greatest trade, but what's done is done. If Aulin can stay healthy, good for Washington. He's had a few injuries over the last few years. Carter might come back at a lower price, but if not, that's ok too.

Brad Chartrand- might be back. He is what he is. 4th line checker. If he's not back, it won't cripple the franchise.

Mathieu Chouinard- it was a low risk pick up to begin with. A young goaltender on a 1 year deal. Didn't do much, so no loss either way.

Adam Deadmarsh- same as Allison, if not worse. No other choice but to let him go. He's got 2 young kids, all the money he'll ever need, so he should just retire. Great player, but what can you do.

Steve Kelly- if he's back, he'll be in Manchester, or a healthy scratch on the Kings. If he goes to Europe...can I come too? Go to Europe to play hockey for a year? I'm down.

Maxim Kuznetsov- good luck in the Russian League.

Ian Laperriere- hell of a heart and soul guy. But he is getting older, and has been getting injured more often. I'd rather he stay, but when it comes down to it, he's a 3rd line checker at best. Now, every team needs those players. They are key players to winning. However, he is what he is, no matter how much of a fan favorite he is. He's a guy that needs to hit to make any impact at all, and he's been getting hurt lately. If the Kings bring him back, that's fine. But if not, it's not the end of the world.

Outside of Palffy and Laperriere, there's not much there to have lost. If Palffy just wants to go back East, what can you do. I don't know how much more Laperriere might get than he was making last year, even as a group V free agent. But as a free agent, he's free to leave if he wants. The Kings lost Allison and Deadmarsh a long time ago, so they don't count. Stumpel and Modry have talent, but they're not impact players. Carter and Chartrand could be back at a lower price. The others are minor league guys that can be moved out to let the younger prospects get more ice time.

Are they better or worse? Well, if they don't increase the number of injuries for a 3rd year in a row, they have to be better, because there is still some talent there. Especially if the young guys get better. They went from 535(or whatever the number was), to 629. If they can simply stay relatively healthy, it has to help. I'm not looking for a inhuman 14 man games lost like Tampa this year. Just a normal, average injury season would be great. Get solid goaltending from Garon, play a little defense, take advantage of a couple scoring chances during a game, no reason the Kings can't win. Doesn't sound too difficult. It's just hockey. They're not trying to send a rocket to Saturn.

Old
07-01-2004, 10:17 PM
nikolai19

Contrary to popular belief I believe that LA will sign Deadmarsh to a two way contract, Allison to a low base plus incentives, and Carter to a 2 year 3.5 million deal.

If these guys somehow become healthy again, that would be a helluva first line.

Old
07-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Contrary to popular belief I believe that LA will sign Deadmarsh to a two way contract, Allison to a low base plus incentives, and Carter to a 2 year 3.5 million deal.

If these guys somehow become healthy again, that would be a helluva first line.
I think that that is too big of an if for the Kings to take.

Old
07-02-2004, 01:56 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think that that is too big of an if for the Kings to take.
if its not for so much money and he returns close to his old form, then thats alot of bang for your buck...if he is cleared to play, i would like the kings to take a chance and gamble cause of the return they could get...

07-02-2004, 02:37 AM
nikolai19

They are going to have to take some chances in the offseason. They need to at least hope that nobody is going to sign Deadmarsh and Allison and sign them both to two way contracts.

Old
07-02-2004, 03:32 AM
jfont

Awards:
btw next time, i think everyone should not start a thread with 'lost' in the title...thank you very much...don't jinx us ppl!

Old
07-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Reaper45

OK guys, I fixed it to just show who we've actually lost this offseason. . .

Closed Thread