HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
I tried discussing the fact that Lucic was pretty quiet last night on the Bruins' board, but Bruins fans are now completely in denial. It's actually impossible to have a rational discussion without them making completely asinine claims.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:20 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Wow I just had a look at that Komisarek/Samuelsson thread...what an embarassment. Bruins fans are so obsessed and paranoid it's truly hilarious.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:53 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
On TV yes... in the players minds it won't work like that...

If the game was the only time we play this year... or was one of the last games between these two teams maybe... but we have five other games between these two teams.
Don't you believe for one moment that if the B's are in the same situation during a playoff game in April (ie. down 3-0 against CH) that Claude Julien would not remind his players that they came back from being 3 goals down before and they can do it again!

...and that Carbo won't be reminding his players about how they blew a 3-0 lead before!

Old
10-16-2008, 10:54 PM
googlymoogly

I now wonder if Bruin fans in the 70's were calling Robinson a pansy because he wasn't fighting after hammering Bruin players with his great hits?

Old
10-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don't you believe for one moment that if the B's are in the same situation during a playoff game in April (ie. down 3-0 against CH) that Claude Julien would not remind his players that they came back from being 3 goals down before and they can do it again!

...and that Carbo won't be reminding his players about how they blew a 3-0 lead before!
Reminding them that it could happen and being in a team's head and leading to a disasterous end to our season are two completely different things.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:01 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
What l learned about the Habs last night: they are f***ing softies and will never win anything important as long as it continue to be that way.

After the Laraques fight, the crowd was all enthousiastic and the players should have wanted to eat the rink, hits everything that move. But this is not what happened. I was surprised how the players didn't feed on the energy to make their presence felt. Because of it the game was a weird one with no momentum. No passion. No much hits coming from O'Byrne and Komi...what are paying these guys for? I mean did we know we were facing the Boston Bruins? We should have more guys that wants to play physical and we had a third line that was very innefective this time. Dandy is useless if he's not gonna have more grit. He's just a big body that serves nothing. Kosto didn't scare anything.

That lack of intensity had an effect over everything from lack of hits to how awkward we were on the PK. Plek totaly caused the first goal because he refused to take a hit. Chiken Sh** attitude that got us beat by the Flyers in the playoffs.

Furhermore what the Hell happened to the powerplay that was so effective against Toronto and why the Hell they got Lang out of the there? The two wave powerplay system makes me want to vomit. Put all your best guys on the first wave! Last year we finished first and yet it was with only one effective wave. We need a righty on the PP and Lang should be there! Saku is good at getting his nose dirty, he should be there too. I mean in Toronto it was f***ing scary to see Markov, Tanguay, Lang, Saku and Kovy there. Keep it that way! Changing it is the same damn stubborn illogical decision-making that had Carbo not break up the Samsonov-Kovalev like even though it was not working. I mean we had that crap for the whole year almost.

Sure we have skills but that's not how you win respect and makes you win championships. That's drive, that's character. But we almost let eveybody down because we had none last night.

Finally someone who seems to have been around long enough to understand what makes a championship team!

You cannot turn on a switch on a whim in April and get tougher.

The team has to be taught and built to do this throughout the year so that it's second nature to them so by the time April comes around, they only just turn up the intensity on what they are already doing.

Quote:
Reminding them that it could happen and being in a team's head and leading to a disasterous end to our season are two completely different things.
One leads to the other.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-16-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old
10-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
One leads to the other.
When I see blowing leads start to become a habit I'll worry.... but it was one freaking game.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:10 PM
guest1467

Quote:
When I see blowing leads start to become a habit I'll worry.... but it was one freaking game.
Not to mention the 2nd goal was on a 5 on 3, and the tying goal was a horrid bouce to the front of the net in the last minute of regulation.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Not to mention the 2nd goal was on a 5 on 3, and the tying goal was a horrid bouce to the front of the net in the last minute of regulation.
Exactly... the bruins will be waiting a long time before they get a bounce like that again.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:31 PM
David

Quote:
Yes agreed, if they keep blowing leads like they did last year, it would be a greater issue.

And yes, it was one freaking game but it was an important one freaking game, esp. because of all the other things that I listed before.

It was one freaking game that would have set the mood and changed the expectations for this entire year!

I'm glad that it's over and we eeked out a win. Now let's see what the team can do for the next 80 games.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Finally someone who seems to have been around long enough to understand what makes a championship team!
Wow, I wish you hadn't quoted that post. It was better buried on whatever page you found it on...that could be the single biggest overreaction I've ever seen on this board and that says a lot. We still win the game in the SO, improve our record to 3-0-1, and then to read that...boggles my mind.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:37 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Wow, I wish you hadn't quoted that post. It was better buried on whatever page you found it on...that could be the single biggest overreaction I've ever seen on this board and that says a lot. We still win the game in the SO, improve our record to 3-0-1, and then to read that...boggles my mind.
Winning begets winning and winners know what it takes to win.

It is not an over reaction. Far from it.

So far, this gentleman was one of the very few that seems to understand it.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Makes you wonder if some people just post stuff to get a rise out of others.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
No disrespect to him/her, but what has Kimota "won" that makes him more an expert than you or I? Maybe you know something I don't...

Old
10-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

It is not an over reaction. Far from it.

So far, this gentleman was one of the very few that seems to understand it.
7pts in 8 games.... = winning.....

Winners find ways to win games they should've lost cause they aren't at their best.
Losers find ways to lose games they should've won cause their opponent isn't playing to their best level.

Quote:
Yes agreed, if they keep blowing leads like they did last year, it would be a greater issue.

And yes, it was one freaking game but it was an important one freaking game, esp. because of all the other things that I listed before.

It was one freaking game that would have set the mood and changed the expectations for this entire year!

I'm glad that it's over and we eeked out a win. Now let's see what the team can do for the next 80 games.
I really think you overestimate the importance of the pregame ceremony and whatnaught... this wasn't comparable to Vancouver's need to win their first game after the Bourdon ceremony. This is one of may ceremonies this year honoring the greats.... I'm sure the players enjoy them, but I don't think there is any we need to win this game cause of the ceremony before it emotion there.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Corey

Let's not start reading tea leaves. It's not a big deal that the game was stretched out and the Bruins got a lucky point. It isn't an omen for either team. Nor did the Flyers' second round win over the Habs catapult them into a fast start this season (0-3-1 for them, 3-0-1 for the Habs, 1-1-1 for the Bruins).

Old
10-17-2008, 12:34 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Wow I just had a look at that Komisarek/Samuelsson thread...what an embarassment. Bruins fans are so obsessed and paranoid it's truly hilarious.
On Komisarek (obviously):

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Of course he is afraid of him, why drop the mitts with him when they are 3-0? Cause he is a *****, there is no other way to explain it.
L
O
L

Old
10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
CPrice

Quote:
7pts in 4 games.... = winning.....

Winners find ways to win games they should've lost cause they aren't at their best.
Losers find ways to lose games they should've won cause their opponent isn't playing to their best level.

I really think you overestimate the importance of the pregame ceremony and whatnaught... this wasn't comparable to Vancouver's need to win their first game after the Bourdon ceremony. This is one of may ceremonies this year honoring the greats.... I'm sure the players enjoy them, but I don't think there is any we need to win this game cause of the ceremony before it emotion there.
FIXED. Looks even better now.

Old
10-17-2008, 12:51 AM
CPrice

This is the way I see it since the ruins love to make a big deal out of Komi not dropping the gloves.
Komi is not a fighter, nor is he very good at it when I've seen him drop them the few times, and this is why we have guys like Kostopolous, Laraque, Begin and some of the other fourth line grinders. We don't need our #2 defenseman getting taken out for 5 minutes. Komi does very well at blocking shots and making big hits but fighting is not his role. However, if it comes down to it Komi will drop them if it becomes 100% necessary.

Old
10-17-2008, 12:52 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
This is the way I see it since the ruins love to make a big deal out of Komi not dropping the gloves.
Komi is not a fighter, nor is he very good at it when I've seen him drop them the few times, and this is why we have guys like Kostopolous, Laraque, Begin and some of the other fourth line grinders. We don't need our #2 defenseman getting taken out for 5 minutes. Komi does very well at blocking shots and making big hits but fighting is not his role. However, if it comes down to it Komi will drop them if it becomes 100% necessary.
but he makes big hits so he HAS to fight Lucic!!!

Old
10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
but he makes cowardly hits so he HAS to fight Lucic!!!
Fixed

Old
10-17-2008, 01:00 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Fixed
Don't forget the cheapshots; none of which Lucic does himself.

Old
10-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Beakermania*

After every whistle its komi going after lucic... Lucic never initiates the post whistle scrums

Old
10-17-2008, 02:13 AM
David

Quote:
7pts in 8 games.... = winning.....
Regular season means very little. It's the playoffs that counts...and in the last few years, CH has folded like cheap suit case every time they encountered a little bit of resistance once they made it to the dance.

Montreal Canadiens have not won anything worth noting since the spring of 1993.
Quote:
Winners find ways to win games they should've lost cause they aren't at their best. <=== strangely sound like B's last night!

Losers find ways to lose games they should've won cause their opponent isn't playing to their best level. <=== strangely sound like the CH last night
DING, DING, DING, DING!

This is EXACTLY the point that I've been trying to make.

Based on YOUR definition above (which I think is a pretty good one) and what transpired in the CH vs. B's game, CH are not ready to win the Cup.

THIS has been my point all along! THIS has to change if we're gonna seriously contend for the Cup this year.

I'm going to sleep. Good night.

Old
10-17-2008, 02:25 AM
brownman*

Not sure if you're aware, Dave, but Montreal won the game.

Closed Thread