HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mara/Kaleta

Old
10-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Bruins Fan here,

I always loved Mara. He is one of those guys who really gets hurt by the instigator penalty. All of the fights I remember him having as a Bruin and this one, he got the instigator. He fights guys who do cheap **** to him. The thing that sucks is that most of them are ******* who get protected by the rules and he ends up with more penalty minutes. He doesn't do that 1,2,3 let's fight BS. If he's pissed, he goes after the guys and kicks his ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAjMu8ApCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to4COQTLp8s

I love what Ward has brought to the Bruins but I always liked Mara as well.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:10 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Also:

Re-sign Mara, Sather. Seriously. I really want him back next year. I love the guy. Always have.
Ridiculous statement. A temporary high.

If the guy bombs it for the rest of the season, then what do you say? The only logistical choice for re-signing someone right now is someone you know plays at a high level and know will get better (i.e Dubinsky, Staal).

Just cause Mara's finally playing good in his tenure as a Ranger doesn't entitle him to 2-3 year deals. He's on a ONE year deal for a reason.

Last edited by RMcDonagh: 10-17-2008 at 01:19 AM.
RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:19 AM
AverysGlasses

Send a message via Yahoo to AverysGlasses
I couldn't agree more about Kaleta not being in the same league as Avery. Avery would back his mouth up if it came up, Kaleta just hides in his jersey and waits for the referees to save him. Kudos to Mara for smacking that worthless excuse for a hockey player around.

AverysGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:36 AM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Kaleta is a coward, I told all the Sabres fans this on their site and my Sabres fans friends in person, and they know it...they just don't want to admit it!

All they could do was bring up Avery and Hollweg and try to prove Kaleta's innocent and is good at "what he does".

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:37 AM
LyNX27

I would bust a gut if Orr and this guy fought, just for Orr sticking up to him. Kaleta would have the look of fear beat into his face, would look something like this Kaleta's face =

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:10 AM
agentzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzz324 View Post
he cost us the game.
He didn't cost us the game. anyone who thinks that wasn't watching the game. We had no momentum, couldnt do crap offensively, couldn't even get shots.Nothing to do with Mara. Buff only scored one goal on that power play, and i dont think it was mara's fault that everyone decided to skate up ice on a penalty kill after Buff controlled the faceoff. However i do blame mara for the GW goal that came on Rozy's penalty and giving up the short hander that put the game away.
If anything Mara sends a message that cheap dirty play wont fly against us. I rather have seen him do what he did then be a ***** that takes the abuse, now everyone knows that kaleta's the *****.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2009 View Post
Im from Buffalo but am far from a Buffalo fan. Im surrounded by moron Sabres fans.

They all think Kaleta is their version of Avery. He doesnt even deserve to be mentioned with Avery. Then when I say how I cant stand Kaleta, i get the "you would love him if he was on your team" crap.

Heres my theory on Kaleta:

I dont think he talks like Avery and he doesnt fight like anyone, so he pisses everyone off by taking cheap shots. But for most guys like him they end up taking penalties more often than not, but for some stupid reason, Kaleta never gets called for anything. Last night he jumped off his feet obviously and for whatever reason he doesnt get called.

This is what pisses off people so much and he does it to every team, not just Mara. If you get cheap shotted, usually the other guy gets a penalty and you let it go because youre even then, but since Kaleta never gets called, guys get pissed because they feel like they are either deserved a call or deserve to hit the guy back.

Sorry for the vent, I just dont think ***** Kaleta deserves the be in same league with Avery.
Compare the amount of injury's Buffalo and NYR have each season.

In 07/08 Buffalo lost 201 and NYR 146. (http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/04/2...to-injury.html)

2-3 years Buffalo lost allot more then NYR.

There is a reason for that. Buffalo pisses teams off. They play dirty and then focus on acting towards the reffs to not get penaltys -- thats always been Lindy Ruff's memo.

Whereas any NYR stands up for their actions.

So Buffalo can win a game like this by beeing cowards -- but in the end they will loose 50 more mangames because of it. They got 33% more injurys because of it. And I think its a big reason for why ANY player in Buffalo don't seem to be able to get out fast enough. Vanek, Drury, Briere, Campbell, Biron -- everyone took the first possible offer to just get out of town. Why would anyone want to play for the NHL's "chicken" franschise? I wouldn't.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:32 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekix View Post
Just so you guys know, the main reason for Mara beating his ass was because he asked Mara during the game "How's your face" sarcasticly.
How do u know thats what he said if its true glad Mara beat him and we still could have came back the team played like poop. no blame should be put on Mara for that.

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 08:32 AM
DutchShamrock

I can't believe how many absolute wimps are on these boards. I'm sick of this 'turn the other cheek' mentality polluting the New York Rangers. This is why pukes like Peca stick knees out on Lundmark not even a year after returning from ACL surgery from the same injury. The time to take a stand, to make statements is now, in the begining of the season. Why send a the right message later, after injuries pile up? Why send the message now, that cheap hits will go unpunished? Sacrifice the 2 points now and save ourselves some heartbreak later.

And give me a break about Mara losing the game. That was the worst game by the Rangers this season. No effort. The work ethic wasn't there. That game was lost well before Mara's fight.

P.S. Kaleta had the balls to take a run at Mara again and then ask him about his face because he faced no retribution from the game last season. Get it? He looks at the Rangers as a bunch of pansies who turn the other cheek.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 09:19 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I can't believe how many absolute wimps are on these boards. I'm sick of this 'turn the other cheek' mentality polluting the New York Rangers. This is why pukes like Peca stick knees out on Lundmark not even a year after returning from ACL surgery from the same injury. The time to take a stand, to make statements is now, in the begining of the season. Why send a the right message later, after injuries pile up? Why send the message now, that cheap hits will go unpunished? Sacrifice the 2 points now and save ourselves some heartbreak later.

And give me a break about Mara losing the game. That was the worst game by the Rangers this season. No effort. The work ethic wasn't there. That game was lost well before Mara's fight.

P.S. Kaleta had the balls to take a run at Mara again and then ask him about his face because he faced no retribution from the game last season. Get it? He looks at the Rangers as a bunch of pansies who turn the other cheek.
I agree that he didn't cost us the game. A team should be able to overcome such circumstance. They are all professionals and are expected to what everything they can to win

That said, we were only down by one when the Rangers got a 4 minute powerplay that they failed miserably in capitalizing on. That shorthanded goal hurt us ten times more than anything Mara did

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 09:29 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I liked Mara since he came over to NY. Him signing this summer for a lower contract and his play this season so far is making me like him much more.

Bad penalty to take, but sometimes you gotta stick up for yourself, especially at attempt #2 to wreck Mara's face.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Garv23

I have no probs with what Mara did. Good for him. My only beef was that he really didn't land any good punches. I love Mara's bad temper he's playing with so far this year. This guy wants to be here and is proving it. Keep it up, man!

As far as costing us the game...He wasn't the only reason, but big deal. It's only the 6th game of the season and I had this crazy feeling we weren't going to go 82-0 anyway.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Hockey2000nyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Compare the amount of injury's Buffalo and NYR have each season.

In 07/08 Buffalo lost 201 and NYR 146. (http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/04/2...to-injury.html)

2-3 years Buffalo lost allot more then NYR.

There is a reason for that. Buffalo pisses teams off. They play dirty and then focus on acting towards the reffs to not get penaltys -- thats always been Lindy Ruff's memo.

Whereas any NYR stands up for their actions.

So Buffalo can win a game like this by beeing cowards -- but in the end they will loose 50 more mangames because of it. They got 33% more injurys because of it. And I think its a big reason for why ANY player in Buffalo don't seem to be able to get out fast enough. Vanek, Drury, Briere, Campbell, Biron -- everyone took the first possible offer to just get out of town. Why would anyone want to play for the NHL's "chicken" franschise? I wouldn't.
vanek signed long-term to stay in buffalo....

kaleta is a *****. if he said that to me id pummel his *$$ also....good for mara, he didnt cause the rangers to lose that game at all....the team had no legs the whole game.

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
vanek signed long-term to stay in buffalo....

kaleta is a *****. if he said that to me id pummel his *$$ also....good for mara, he didnt cause the rangers to lose that game at all....the team had no legs the whole game.
He signed an offer sheet with the Oilers though

Old
10-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Jackson Ranger

I have no problem what Mara did with Kaleta and I think he's played well since the start of the season. However, some of you guys are making him out to be Jeff Beukeboom back there.

I'd like to see more consistent physical effort from Mara. If you remember last year in the playoffs against the Pens when Malkin kicked his skates out, the only retribution Mara had was *****ing at him.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_565411.html

I would have loved to see Mara drop the gloves there and teach Malkin a lesson.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

hehe.....

to quote renney...

"Paul did what he felt he needed to do. He was decisive in his action. He was the only one who made a decision that night."

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
to quote renney...

"Paul did what he felt he needed to do. He was decisive in his action. He was the only one who made a decision that night."
Haha, great quote. Renney needs to get fired up a little more after performances like these.

Old
10-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Also:

Re-sign Mara, Sather. Seriously. I really want him back next year. I love the guy. Always have.
So have I. Glad to see him do what he did.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:38 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I dont think it helped that Kaleta asked Mara after the fight "how is your face doing?" sarcastically...

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I have no problem what Mara did with Kaleta and I think he's played well since the start of the season. However, some of you guys are making him out to be Jeff Beukeboom back there.

I'd like to see more consistent physical effort from Mara. If you remember last year in the playoffs against the Pens when Malkin kicked his skates out, the only retribution Mara had was *****ing at him.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_565411.html

I would have loved to see Mara drop the gloves there and teach Malkin a lesson.
There's a big difference between going after a guy and drawing a 5-minute major against Buffalo in the sixth game of the season, and doing it to one of the premiere stars in the league in a playoff series that you're trailing 3-1.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:28 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekix View Post
Just so you guys know, the main reason for Mara beating his ass was because he asked Mara during the game "How's your face" sarcasticly.
Seriously? man if i heard that in person next to mara even i'd wanna beat his ass on the ice, thats not cool

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Kaleta reminds me of Brendan Witt. In the sense that he's dirty, and when you fight he turtles up because he's a little *****. Witt doesn't have many friends around the league, youtube Sharks vs Predators and watch Scott Parker trying to jump the glass to get at Witt.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
to quote renney...

I thought was Mara did was unnecessary. Retribution and taking a stand are good things, but not at the expense of putting your team in a bind. Kaleta is a punk *****, but he's still going to be a punk ***** even after Mara's flurry to his head. I don't know that it really accomplished much.

That being said... If Renney and the team are fine with Mara's response, then I'm fine with it, too.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

They just said on NHL live that Gomez backed Mara 100% on what he did. Good to hear.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I dont think it helped that Kaleta asked Mara after the fight "how is your face doing?" sarcastically...
Do we know this for sure or are we just assuming he said this?

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote