HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Biron against a Chicago Goaltender

Old
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
I think I made my position pretty clear on why I suggested such a trade. I don't think it's a laughing matter at all.

Also, I honestly can't believe that you are trying to convince people that Biron played better than Niitty in the Phantoms game. I find it highly probable that you do not take the handicap into account of Biron facing an AHL team with an on his side NHL defence and Niitty playing with an AHL defence in front of him against an NHL team, including Cannon and Gags.

Please also note that this thread runs under the tag "value of:". I am simply tring to find out if people think they should make a trade and what it should include in case Marty's performance does not get better.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Also, I honestly can't believe that you are trying to convince people that Biron played better than Niitty in the Phantoms game. I find it highly probable that you do not take the handicap into account of Biron facing an AHL team with an on his side NHL defence and Niitty playing with an AHL defence in front of him against an NHL team, including Cannon and Gags.
Lol, PLEASE show me where I was trying to "convince people that Biron played better than Niitty in the Phantoms game." Please show me where I did that.

YOU said that Biron was "completely outplayed by Niitty", and in response I offered up the fact that Biron allowed 1 goal on 22 shots. That's it, end of story. I never said anyone played better than anyone. I just offered up that fact, as it showed how ridiculous your statement was.

And besides, even if he had been outplayed(which he wasn't), who the **** cares? It was a ****ing exhibition game, a lighthearted game being put on for the fans...pure entertainment value.

And again, he had a .931 SV% through 7 preseason games, and in the Phantoms game...he allowed 1 goal. 1 goal, just like Niitty. Nobody completely outplayed anyone, so just let it go and stop making a fool of yourself.

And it's been 3 games. 3 games that Biron has struggled in. And you're jumping ship on him, after he just lead the team to the ECF. That's all...this discussion is ridiculous, I'm done.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
DinkusMaximus

The problem chaos is your ideas aren't even close to realistic. As I stated before there is no way the Flyers make this move. The Flyers have too much invested in Biron to give up in him this quickly.

The argument about Biron in the preseason is completely ridiculous and false. Biron was tied for #1 in league wins in the preseason while posting a 1.91 GAA and a .929 Sv%. To even argue that Niitty was better then him in the preseason is ludicrous. Niitty didn't even play in a single preseason game. The only game Niitty played was a meaningless game against the Phantoms that none of the players cared about. Both teams defense was terrible because they weren't taking the body and just poking at the puck.

Last edited by DinkusMaximus: 10-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.
DinkusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved Marty's performance in the playoffs last year and I very much like him as a person, but he has really stunk this season so far and it already began in the preseason.
Huh? He was looking ready to dominate in the preseason...

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
IrishSniper87

Why are you guys bit**ing about the preseason?

Biron could have stopped every shot in the preseason, but he still gave up 4 goals to the Rangers in THE FIRST PERIOD.

Nitty is better then Biron RIGHT NOW but I hope that this situation does not last long, and Biron starts playing better (like he should be).

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 06:11 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I guess that would mean the Flyers would have to give up additional players to open the cap space, wouldn't it
Which Chicago would have no interest in because they themselves want to move Khabibulin in order to free up some space under the cap.

There's no fit here.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote