HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Props to Brunet: The Benoit appreciation thread

Old
10-17-2008, 11:59 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Most posters on this board couldn't find their way out of a paper bag, let alone doing Brunet's job better than him.
I went to camp in Pierrefonds a few years ago. Lats, first camp. I'd never been before, so I went one day. The TQS camera guy and some dude with a mic were walking right towards me, I totally choked. I don't know if I'd of been braver in English, but the nervousness of doing that, having to do it in French when already scared, I took a few quick steps into the crowd and let him find some other fool.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Russeltown

Ok, this thread needs a Part II.

#897 to go!!!

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I went to camp in Pierrefonds a few years ago. Lats, first camp. I'd never been before, so I went one day. The TQS camera guy and some dude with a mic were walking right towards me, I totally choked. I don't know if I'd of been braver in English, but the nervousness of doing that, having to do it in French when already scared, I took a few quick steps into the crowd and let him find some other fool.
Errr...., ummm...., goats......., errr....., yup. /End interview

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:27 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Errr...., ummm...., goats......., errr....., yup. /End interview
I tell ya, I was in the car driving home and my face was still red.

Old
10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I tell ya, I was in the car driving home and my face was still red.
lol. Worst thing for an interview, and I speak from experience, is dry-mouth. And having to speak Spanish. So now, I get really drunk beforehand and ... problem solved!

Old
10-17-2008, 03:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
lol. Worst thing for an interview, and I speak from experience, is dry-mouth. And having to speak Spanish. So now, I get really drunk beforehand and ... problem solved!
I was actually interviewed by the local paper a few weeks ago. Of course, there was a twist. A photographer was here to see my wife about an ad her store was doing, and as she wasn't home, I was just chatting with her, when the dog starting barking at her.

She told me that they were doing a feature on dogs, the angle being that they'd photograph the dogs, and interview them, with theowner actually answering,doing the part of the dog. I figured what the hell, I'd be a wimp to say no, so I was actually in the Straight Talk section of the Glengarry News, playing the part of Lenny The Beagle.

Somehow, I thought life would've turned out differently, but I enjoyed it, and Lenny seemed proud.

Old
10-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I was actually interviewed by the local paper a few weeks ago. Of course, there was a twist. A photographer was here to see my wife about an ad her store was doing, and as she wasn't home, I was just chatting with her, when the dog starting barking at her.

She told me that they were doing a feature on dogs, the angle being that they'd photograph the dogs, and interview them, with theowner actually answering,doing the part of the dog. I figured what the hell, I'd be a wimp to say no, so I was actually in the Straight Talk section of the Glengarry News, playing the part of Lenny The Beagle.

Somehow, I thought life would've turned out differently, but I enjoyed it, and Lenny seemed proud.
Did she get a pic of you having a leak on one of her car's tires? And, just to stay on topic, do you think we could get a pic of Benoit Brunet doing that on Pierre's car?

Old
10-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Russeltown

Quote:

I want to read that article!

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Did she get a pic of you having a leak on one of her car's tires? And, just to stay on topic, do you think we could get a pic of Benoit Brunet doing that on Pierre's car?
My nieces think I look like Brunet but I disagree. What I remember is that she had to lean forward to get a good angle for the picture, so, of course I looked. She was about my age, but I figure, like Jerry and George said, 'you have to look'.

I forget to tell my wife about that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post

I want to read that article!
It was just a series of dogs with them supposedly saying why their masters chose them. The answers were pretty well all 1-2 lines. I went with something, ''Cause I'm so friggin' cute, just look at me, a body like mine, how could they not keep me ?' She altered my language a bit, removed friggin' and body. I was going to sue but AD wouldn't cut me a deal.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-17-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old
10-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
It was just a series of dogs with them supposedly saying why their masters chose them. The answers were pretty well all 1-2 lines. I went with something, ''Cause I'm so friggin' cute, just look at me, a body like mine, how could they not keep me ?' She altered my language a bit, removed friggin' and body. I was going to sue but AD wouldn't cut me a deal.
I get the picture. "Lenny was so cute and he never stopped wagging his cute little tail at me".

Old
10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I get the picture. "Lenny was so cute and he never stopped wagging his cute little tail at me".
If she went that far, I think I might've sued. My first instinct was to say that no one else would've been stupid enough to take me, but self preservation kicked in.