HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
  #451
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Regular season means very little. It's the playoffs that counts...and in the last few years, CH has folded like cheap suit case every time they encountered a little bit of resistance once they made it to the dance.

Montreal Canadiens have not won anything worth noting since the spring of 1993.
Yeah, care to tell us when was the last time the Ruins won the cup??? They've also folded like "cheap suits". You don't sound like a Habs fan. Maybe a closet Ruins fan... or even worst, we get a lot of those, an ex No-Dicks fan. Ugh.


Quote:
DING, DING, DING, DING!
Wait, you do actually realize the Habs won and the Ruins lost right?

Just checking.


Quote:
This is EXACTLY the point that I've been trying to make.
No its actually a good retort from Beaker. It should've shut you up, but like any hardcore pessimist, you find some pathetic way to try to save face.


Quote:
Based on YOUR definition above (which I think is a pretty good one) and what transpired in the CH vs. B's game, CH are not ready to win the Cup.
Yeah, did you see Detroit's game against the Maple Leafs and last night's game against the Nucks?? Basing yourself on one game, and exagerating because you are a sore loser doesn't make a good argument.

Quote:
THIS has been my point all along! THIS has to change if we're gonna seriously contend for the Cup this year.

I'm going to sleep. Good night.
Wow... one game. Can you say overreaction?

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 10:21 AM
  #452
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Wow... one game. Can you say overreaction?
I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone again not to confuse the poster "David" with "David_99".

Thank you

David_99 is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
  #453
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone again not to confuse the poster "David" with "David_99".

Thank you
What??? That was you????




Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
  #454
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm sorry... I missed the part of the game where Boston won and we lost. Quick get Daniel Bigras on the case. The NHL is wrong. TSN is wrong. Sportsnet is wrong. The newspapers are wrong. Montreal lost to Boston, they should not be awarding us two points.

Team that won the game but was not at their best = MONTREAL on wednesday night. The key point here is WON THE GAME.

C'mon...you can't be that thick can you?

I'll spell it out for you then.

This is what you said...and I added the bolded parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Winners find ways to win games they should've lost cause they aren't at their best. <=== strangely sound like B's last night! They almost "found a way to win" it when "they they should've lost"

Losers find ways to lose games they should've won cause their opponent isn't playing to their best level. <=== strangely sound like the CH last night who "found a way to almost lose a game they should've won" or should have put away easily after the 1st period.
You sound like a pretty intelligent guy otherwise so I know that you're not that thick...


Here's something first hand from someone closer to all this.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...s%2fstory.html

Excerpt:

But Alex Kovalev said the Canadiens had only themselves to blame for the fact they had to go to a shootout before beating the Bruins, 4-3, in the team's home opener at the Bell Centre.

"I think we just continued what we were doing last year when we took the lead," Kovalev said of the Canadiens' listless play after going ahead 3-0 in the first period. "Instead of playing 60 minutes, we sat on the lead. We have to keep playing like we did in the first period.

"We did it last year and it cost us and cost us tonight," said Kovalev. "It's something we should learn to correct real quick while it's still early in the season."


At least we have players who understand this...now let's see if the coach has learned from his mistakes last year and adjust his strategies as needed.

David is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
  #455
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
C'mon...you can't be that thick can you?

I'll spell it out for you then.

This is what you said...and I added the bolded parts.



You sound like a pretty intelligent guy otherwise so I know that you're not that thick...


Here's something first hand from someone closer to all this.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...s%2fstory.html

Excerpt:

But Alex Kovalev said the Canadiens had only themselves to blame for the fact they had to go to a shootout before beating the Bruins, 4-3, in the team's home opener at the Bell Centre.

"I think we just continued what we were doing last year when we took the lead," Kovalev said of the Canadiens' listless play after going ahead 3-0 in the first period. "Instead of playing 60 minutes, we sat on the lead. We have to keep playing like we did in the first period.

"We did it last year and it cost us and cost us tonight," said Kovalev. "It's something we should learn to correct real quick while it's still early in the season."


At least we have players who understand this...now let's see if the coach has learned from his mistakes last year and adjust his strategies as needed.

Yeah but you still got Beaker's retort all wrong. Whatever way you wanna put it, good teams, winning teams, find a way to win. Are you that thick to not understand this? Are you that thick to not understand that this is only the 4th game of the season and that your conclusions are truly premature and a case of typical alarmist pessimistic overreaction?

No, I didn't think so.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
  #456
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
C'mon...you can't be that thick can you?

I'll spell it out for you then.

This is what you said...and I added the bolded parts.



You sound like a pretty intelligent guy otherwise so I know that you're not that thick...
We played bad after the first period... and STILL WON THE GAME
The bruins outplayed us for the third certainly... and maybe half of the second and STILL LOST THE GAME.

My point stands.

If you don't understand it... well then I don't know how else to explain it.

Bad teams talk about how they "Almost won" or "could've should've would've won if not for (insert excuse here)"
Good teams win and then talk about what they need to do to get better....

Montreal does not sound like Boston... cause they didn't "ALMOST WIN" the game... The Habs did WIN THE GAME. Thats the key difference between a loser and a winner.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-17-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:18 PM
  #457
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
We played bad after the first period... and STILL WON THE GAME
The bruins outplayed us for the third certainly... and maybe half of the second and STILL LOST THE GAME.

My point stands.

If you don't understand it... well then I don't know how else to explain it.

Bad teams talk about how they "Almost won" or "could've should've would've won if not for (insert excuse here)"
Good teams win and then talk about what they need to do to get better....
...and you still don't see the unintended oxymoron of your definition of winners/losers and what happened between the CH/B's?

I think you do but just won't admit it.

Anyways, I think that we've beaten this one to death.

Later...dude!

David is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:22 PM
  #458
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
...and you still don't see the unintended oxymoron of your definition of winners/losers and what happened between the CH/B's?

I think you do but just won't admit it.

Anyways, I think that we've beaten this one to death.

Later...dude!
I don't see any oxymoron... I see the facts which are 2 points in the standings....

The habs had plenty of opportunities to make excuses... boards, refs (5 on 3) etc... but they didn't make excuses... instead they walked away with 2 points. Thats exactly what good teams do. At the end of the day the habs found a way to win... they could've folded up and died after the bad bounce... but they dominated the overtime and then won the shootout. Thats what good teams do.

Is there room to improve... certainly... but there is always a positive in winning games you shouldn't instead of losing games you should win... IE vs Toronto in 07, we should've won the game but came up with excuses afterwards (we shouldn't have played huet... refs gave them a 5 on 3... begin... etc)

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 12:23 PM
  #459
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
...and you still don't see the unintended oxymoron of your definition of winners/losers and what happened between the CH/B's?

I think you do but just won't admit it.

Anyways, I think that we've beaten this one to death.

Later...dude!
Sorry dude... but you're off the track.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:09 PM
  #460
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
sure we didn't play well after the first but come on.......the B's first goal was a seeing eye shot from the point (Price didn't move or see it), the second came off a +/- 5-3, and the third well you guys know what happened there, FLUKE goal.

My take is this we can play alot better but that was the very best the B's can play.

We still beat them!

BJCOLLINS is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:09 PM
  #461
Connor603
 
Connor603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
...and you still don't see the unintended oxymoron of your definition of winners/losers and what happened between the CH/B's?

I think you do but just won't admit it.

Anyways, I think that we've beaten this one to death.

Later...dude!
The only thing that matters is that Monteal got a W. They could have played better, but still, montreal got the Win. Thats all that matters.

Connor603 is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
  #462
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
C'mon...you can't be that thick can you?

I'll spell it out for you then.

This is what you said...and I added the bolded parts.



You sound like a pretty intelligent guy otherwise so I know that you're not that thick...


Here's something first hand from someone closer to all this.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...s%2fstory.html

Excerpt:

But Alex Kovalev said the Canadiens had only themselves to blame for the fact they had to go to a shootout before beating the Bruins, 4-3, in the team's home opener at the Bell Centre.

"I think we just continued what we were doing last year when we took the lead," Kovalev said of the Canadiens' listless play after going ahead 3-0 in the first period. "Instead of playing 60 minutes, we sat on the lead. We have to keep playing like we did in the first period.

"We did it last year and it cost us and cost us tonight," said Kovalev. "It's something we should learn to correct real quick while it's still early in the season."


At least we have players who understand this...now let's see if the coach has learned from his mistakes last year and adjust his strategies as needed.
your bolded parts are wrong,


The Habs didnt almost lost -> THEY WON

The B'w didnt almost won -> THEY LOST.



and theses are facts.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
  #463
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
For those of you jumping on David, are you saying you're content with 1 period of effort and blowing a 3 goal lead?

There's no reason to panic, but there's also no reason to be that happy with the performance (barring the juvenile happiness that comes with beating the Bruins).

This team has a ton of talent, but they can't start thinking they're so good they can only show up for 20 mins and expect to get the win. What happened on Wednesday showed the guys they need to keep the foot on the gas and keep up the aggressiveness all game long.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:30 PM
  #464
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
your bolded parts are wrong,


The Habs didnt almost lost -> THEY WON

The B'w didnt almost won -> THEY LOST.



and theses are facts.
Exactly Almosts are the excuses losers make. Winners just win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
For those of you jumping on David, are you saying you're content with 1 period of effort and blowing a 3 goal lead?

There's no reason to panic, but there's also no reason to be that happy with the performance (barring the juvenile happiness that comes with beating the Bruins).

This team has a ton of talent, but they can't start thinking they're so good they can only show up for 20 mins and expect to get the win. What happened on Wednesday showed the guys they need to keep the foot on the gas and keep up the aggressiveness all game long.
No we need to play better... i haven't seen a single 60 minute performance to this point from the habs... even the third period of the toronto game was lacking but we'll let them get away with that as we wouldn't want to run up the score (ala Don Cherry). Noone is saying that we are perfect. However David's initial post sounded awfully pessimistic and talked about how this proves we won't win the cup this year. I strongly disagree with that.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:30 PM
  #465
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
For those of you jumping on David, are you saying you're content with 1 period of effort and blowing a 3 goal lead?

There's no reason to panic, but there's also no reason to be that happy with the performance (barring the juvenile happiness that comes with beating the Bruins).

This team has a ton of talent, but they can't start thinking they're so good they can only show up for 20 mins and expect to get the win. What happened on Wednesday showed the guys they need to keep the foot on the gas and keep up the aggressiveness all game long.
That'S not the point. There is just no reason to go overboard about it like he did. It is only the 4th game of the season, and Carbo knows better than anyone here what his team needs to do. We quickly forget that 2 of the 3 main lines have new important players to them and that we are missing one of our best two-way forwards. No reason to go into panic mode. He did say we were not contenders, jsut because of that performance, now that's just silly.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
  #466
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
No we need to play better... i haven't seen a single 60 minute performance to this point from the habs... even the third period of the toronto game was lacking but we'll let them get away with that as we wouldn't want to run up the score (ala Don Cherry). Noone is saying that we are perfect. However David's initial post sounded awfully pessimistic and talked about how this proves we won't win the cup this year. I strongly disagree with that.
Fair enough, I didn't read his initial post, just saw a lot of people jumping on him for what looked like a harmless observation.

This team has need to give a solid 60mins of effort since the lock-out and despite the depth we now have, things haven't changed. It's the 4th season we've been saying the same things. Hopefully these guys don't read into their own press clippings and just give it their all for the whole game. The Boston game may have helped them realize that. If they don't give the necessary effort, they won't win, it's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That'S not the point. There is just no reason to go overboard about it like he did. It is only the 4th game of the season, and Carbo knows better than anyone here what his team needs to do. We quickly forget that 2 of the 3 main lines have new important players to them and that we are missing one of our best two-way forwards. No reason to go into panic mode. He did say we were not contenders, jsut because of that performance, now that's just silly.
Again, I probably should have read the post.

I just think that it's a very fair criticism to point out that this team needs to play 60 mins to win. We only played 1 period against the Bruins and it almost cost us.

In a way this may be a good thing for the boys who will realize they need to give 60mins of good hockey to win games.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:20 PM
  #467
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Fair enough, I didn't read his initial post, just saw a lot of people jumping on him for what looked like a harmless observation.

This team has need to give a solid 60mins of effort since the lock-out and despite the depth we now have, things haven't changed. It's the 4th season we've been saying the same things. Hopefully these guys don't read into their own press clippings and just give it their all for the whole game. The Boston game may have helped them realize that. If they don't give the necessary effort, they won't win, it's that simple.



Again, I probably should have read the post.

I just think that it's a very fair criticism to point out that this team needs to play 60 mins to win. We only played 1 period against the Bruins and it almost cost us.

In a way this may be a good thing for the boys who will realize they need to give 60mins of good hockey to win games.
Exactly, although I don't like how we played abainst the B's, I rather see theses things now in October than in Feb. or March.

Anyway, it's too soon to judge the team IMO, we only played 4 games so far - including one against the Marlies...

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
  #468
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post
We all know the streak will unfortunately come to end at some point, but one potentially huge positive out of that could be some of the Bruins' fan base finally letting go. They are so bitter, jealous and angry. They complain about everything. They find little things they don't like and because it's the Habs, they go ON and ON about it and turn it into a huge deal.

Komisarek vs Lucic, diving, dirty Kostitsyn, overrated Price...

I wish they could just let it go already. They sound like little brothers crying to mommy that big brother keeps winning at checkers. "He's cheating mommy" says little Billy, "Why would you say that dear?" mommy asks. "Because he keeps winning. He has to be cheating!"

Habs fans, Bruins fans, just stay away from each other. It's a battle neither of you will ever win. Stick to you board. You won't convince each other of anything so bickering serves no purpose other than to fill threads with pages of nonsense. Virtually any post on each others boards only fuels resentment.
An experiment is done one Hab fan boy and a Bruin fan boy. Both are given a lego set to construct. After 30 minutes the Hab boy has not only constructed his set but went to the Bruins boy's lego set to build the second one. The Bruin boy unable to get past the second block went to the Hab boy's set and pummeled the blocks and then ran to mommy to cry, it was not fair that the other boy could build the lego's mommy. The Bruin's mother asks her son what he has done with his lego set? The boy cries, the Hab boy took it home, now I only have the set I destroyed Oh poor dear what was his name? his name was Komisarek mommy Don't worry Milan I will read you your favorite bed time story, Cinderella.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
  #469
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I just think that it's a very fair criticism to point out that this team needs to play 60 mins to win. We only played 1 period against the Bruins and it almost cost us.

In a way this may be a good thing for the boys who will realize they need to give 60mins of good hockey to win games.
I think that leading 3-0 doesn't guarantee the rest of the game. The result isn't solely up to our guys. Mtl is what they are against Boston, they're in their heads no matter what the B's say. It's easy to think that Mtl's effort is all that matters when really, you see this a lot now. Mtl had chances, Boston got a goal off a broken play at the end of the power play, then a 5 on 3. They played a good 2nd half of the game and capitalized. I don't think Mtl sat back, or quit, but not many teams have their feet on the gas for 60 minutes.

Pre-Lockout, the last 30 minutes would've been a sleeper as Juneau-Dackell and Sundtrom would've dumped the puck in rush after rush. This team's strength is offense and no matter what they say in the papers, their best defense with a 3-0 lead is a 4th goal.

It goes against player's instincts though. It happens to everyone. Now, admittedly, if you want to be the best it has to happen less often to you, so it's a good example from them to learn from.

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
  #470
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Bruins fans are in Legoland then...
Gold.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:01 PM
  #471
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
. However David's initial post sounded awfully pessimistic and talked about how this proves we won't win the cup this year. I strongly disagree with that.
I think that going overboard on this kind of stuff just discounts the opposition too much. When there's a general assumption, as in, we lost last year because of toughness, then it limitys the arguement. They didn't beat Philly for a number of reasons, and some different ones in different games.

The issue of playing with a lead is real, but the B's have some offense this year, to think that it should be 6-0 because at one point it's 3-0 doesn't mesh.

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
  #472
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Exactly Almosts are the excuses losers make. Winners just win.



No we need to play better... i haven't seen a single 60 minute performance to this point from the habs... even the third period of the toronto game was lacking but we'll let them get away with that as we wouldn't want to run up the score (ala Don Cherry). Noone is saying that we are perfect. However David's initial post sounded awfully pessimistic and talked about how this proves we won't win the cup this year. I strongly disagree with that.
Tsk, tsk. I expected so much more from you than this kind of fabrication.

This was exactly what was said, cut and pasted from the oringial post on page 9.

"I am in NO way in favour of Claude Julien as a coach over Carbo but what Julien showed tonight was that he can instill character into his team and almost willed a team into a victory from an impossible position. Whereas Carbo showed that he could take a completely victorious situation and turn it into a near disaster...the anti-Julien as a coach.

This would also have had a tremendous psychological impact to the B's as well...actually, too late! I think now the B's know that even if they go down 3 goals against Montreal, they can come back so in the future, CH just made their jobs that much harder for themselves.

This cannot and must not happen again, esp. in important games and in playoffs if there is any hope of drinking from that Cup!"


Perhaps I gave you too much credit before on what you said about winners and losers before as well since what you said then is not what you say in this post, either.

In any case, what I high lighted above still stands... and I even posted the same kind of sentiments from Kovalev of all people indicating the same and not some gibberish like alot of the kids on this thread.

David is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:10 PM
  #473
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Tsk, tsk. I expected so much more from you than this kind of fabrication.

This was exactly what was said, cut and pasted from the oringial post on page 9.

"I am in NO way in favour of Claude Julien as a coach over Carbo but what Julien showed tonight was that he can instill character into his team and almost willed a team into a victory from an impossible position. Whereas Carbo showed that he could take a completely victorious situation and turn it into a near disaster...the anti-Julien as a coach.

This would also have had a tremendous psychological impact to the B's as well...actually, too late! I think now the B's know that even if they go down 3 goals against Montreal, they can come back so in the future, CH just made their jobs that much harder for themselves.

This cannot and must not happen again, esp. in important games and in playoffs if there is any hope of drinking from that Cup!"


Perhaps I gave you too much credit before on what you said about winners and losers before as well since what you said then is not what you say in this post, either.

In any case, what I high lighted above still stands... and I even posted the same kind of sentiments from Kovalev of all people indicating the same and not some gibberish like alot of the kids on this thread.
Julien willed a scramble situation at the end of a power play when the defenders were gassed, then willed a a few bad penalties to cause a 5 on 3, then willed poor maintenance work on the boards ?

C'mon, the B's are a good team, they have less depth and less talent overall but they're a good team and they have a lot to prove in Mtl.

Teams play, players give out quotes afterwards. I give Julien and his team credit because they didn't panic when they got behind. The pp where Mtl put on a Globetrotter exhibition, but didn't score was the turning point,imo. Mtl scores there, then it becomes a slugfest. They didn't, Boston gets one and it's game on. That's hockey. The gap is so slight that you can't just expect to roll over everyone.

Be honest, if you have a pre-conceived notion, then you look for stuff to support that notion.

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:11 PM
  #474
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Tsk, tsk. I expected so much more from you than this kind of fabrication.

This was exactly what was said, cut and pasted from the oringial post on page 9.

"I am in NO way in favour of Claude Julien as a coach over Carbo but what Julien showed tonight was that he can instill character into his team and almost willed a team into a victory from an impossible position. Whereas Carbo showed that he could take a completely victorious situation and turn it into a near disaster...the anti-Julien as a coach.

This would also have had a tremendous psychological impact to the B's as well...actually, too late! I think now the B's know that even if they go down 3 goals against Montreal, they can come back so in the future, CH just made their jobs that much harder for themselves.

This cannot and must not happen again, esp. in important games and in playoffs if there is any hope of drinking from that Cup!"


Perhaps I gave you too much credit before on what you said about winners and losers before as well since what you said then is not what you say in this post, either.

In any case, what I high lighted above still stands... and I even posted the same kind of sentiments from Kovalev of all people indicating the same and not some gibberish like alot of the kids on this thread.

A team suddenly stops playing good hockey mid way through the 2nd period so we blame the coach?
You have never seen a team come back from 3 goals down before? you should watch more hockey. It happens way more than you think.
did you forget already that last year the same team coached by Carbo came back from 5-0 down.

The bruins were aided by the refs Wednesday night.
The 5 on 3 they got was non-sence. The refs simply didnt call anything in them in the 3rd and the tying goal was the flukiest of all fluke goals.
Did they deserve it more then us the game? well, Ill argue, NO, they didnt because in the first half of the game we were by far the better team on the ice. The shots were 19-8 at one point for Montreal.

I think this thread has done its time, it should be time to move on to tommorow night.
Any way you look at it, the Habs left the bell centre with 2 points and nothing will change that.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM
  #475
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Man, this thread hasn't been lock already? It seems to me it's the same old story over and over again... Let's focus on the Coyotes for now and start talking about the Bruins in mid-November...

Kachino is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.