HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Line Combos (Higgins to return on Lang line)

Old
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hmm I wonder how long it will be till Higgins is back on Koivus wing and Lats is drowning his miseries in some poutine.
All you need is the smilie and you'll be as bad as Erika only your target is Lats and not Higgins or Chipchura.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
All you need is the smilie and you'll be as bad as Erika only your target is Lats and not Higgins or Chipchura.
actually Erika's comments are pretty good sometimes...

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor603 View Post
Just take a deep breath and calm down there. Its 4 games in. They are creating, and generating chances. They will find their finish soon. And if not, I wouldnt mind seeing lines of...
Higgins/Lang/Kovalev
Andrei/Plecs/Sergei.

Btw, I am loving the physical edge that Andrei is playing with so far.
Exactly. Andrei and Plekanec are always starting the season slowly, they have been like that in the A and in the NHL, they'll just be stronger on the second half of the season when we actually need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Definitely the potential to be.
Interesting two-way line. Sucks for Higgins that he'll likely get his PP time reduced greatly, but at least he should play a lot on the PK and at ES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
actually Erika's comments are pretty good sometimes...
Sure if you're blind.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:16 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I personaly think that a Lats-Koivu-Tanguay can overthrow Big **** - Plec - Kovy as our first line.
I agree... They have yet to find more chemestry... And they're already our best line this year so far.

Those who think Higgins - Lang - S. Kostitsyn will be > Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay make me laugh. Come on.

Some people say we have :

2A
2B

... it's :

1A
1B

We've yet to know which line will be 1A this year. As great as Kovy and cie were last year, this is a brand new season.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
I agree... They have yet to find more chemestry... And they're already our best line this year so far.

Those who think Higgins - Lang - S. Kostitsyn will be > Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay make me laugh. Come on.

Some people say we have :

2A
2B

... it's :

1A
1B

We've yet to know which line will be 1A this year. As great as Kovy and cie were last year, this is a brand new season.
Well, Higgins > Latendresse, that is for sure.
Koivu > Lang, but in my opinion, Tanguay is not that much better than S. Kostitsyn right not.

I think the Higgins/Lang/S.Kost line could very easily outscore the Koivu line. Lats is the weakness on that line. As soon as he stops using his physical presence that line will struggle. So far in the first 4 games he has been solid, but he will begin to fade.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:36 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainey#1 View Post
Koivu > Lang, but in my opinion, Tanguay is not that much better than S. Kostitsyn right not.

I think the Higgins/Lang/S.Kost line could very easily outscore the Koivu line. Lats is the weakness on that line. As soon as he stops using his physical presence that line will struggle. So far in the first 4 games he has been solid, but he will begin to fade.

wow... Are you Erika Kostitsyn's boyfriend?

Tanguay is our best player not named Alex Kovalev/Andrei Markov.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Nedved

Quote:

really?are you serious? really? no seriously? really?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Quote:

This post is so BS I wonder if I should or

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:22 PM
CH4

Quote:
Well even if I disagree with her 80% of the time, she often has arguments to support her opinions, which I respect more then freely bashing a player.

Edit: Tanguay is wayyyy better then SK74 at this point.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Well even if I disagree with her 80% of the time, she often has arguments to support her opinions, which I respect more then freely bashing a player.

Rarely any of them are worthy to be fair.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post

Saying "players like Chipchura are raining in the NHL"
and
"Higgins never buries his chances so he can't ever be a goal scorer"

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... do not maket them valid arguments to support her opinions.

Also i fail to see how Sergei Kostitsyn's cuteness is a valid argument in any hockey discussion.

Old
10-17-2008, 03:32 PM
CanadienErrant*

It's sureal to read posts about which line is number 1, 2 or 3. Carbo is using the guys that give him the most. Those 3 lines are pretty even. They can be dangerous offensively, and responsible defensively.

The team has still 78 games to play ! Lines are gonna change for all kinds of reasons.

Thre is no competition between those three lines. The competition is against the other teams.

They are a team, and they gonna play with whoever Carbo will decide.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:54 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

The truest part of that statement. Tanguay is much better than S.Kost for the time being and the Koivu line could easily become our #1 line again if they had someone who could finish their damn plays.

I am hoping that Higgins has improved even more from last season and gets reunited with Koivu. Then they would be unstoppable with Koivus pure driving force and Higgins finishing. Then you add in Tanguay and his constant deadly presence.

Lang and S.Kost have some real chemistry and maybe Lats will be motivated to start using his weight and bang in some rebounds on the third line.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMario View Post

This post is so BS I wonder if I should or

Tanguay is an excellent hockey player, but I am extremely high on S.Kost. His vision and playmaking skills are exceptional. I firmly believe that S. Kost is going to have a breakout year, so shoot me.

I also firmly believe that Lats is going to fade. You honestly believe that he is going to continue on a point per game pace for the whole year? I will give him credit for his play the first 4 games, but from the first two seasons, he just does not seem to have a strong work ethic that lasts throughout the whole year.

It is also not outrageous to think that Higgins/Lang/Kost can outscore Koivu's line, what is so crazy about that? Tanguay and Koivu never shoot anyways.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
ReVeuF

Lang line will be great with Higgins

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
It is also not outrageous to think that Higgins/Lang/Kost can outscore Koivu's line, what is so crazy about that? Tanguay and Koivu never shoot anyways.
They are 2a and 2b in my mind anyways.... Nothing wrong with a dominant first line and then two equal 2nd lines when you have a top 9 like ours. It creates major headaches matchupwise for any other team in the league. The other team's third defence pair has to go on the ice sometime

Old
10-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Both guys have had 20 goal seasons.

Koivu had 150 shots last season.
Tanguay had 121 shots last season.
Sergei Kostitsyn had 49 shots with only 25 games less than Koivu... but Koivu never shoots?

Anyway, I agree about the line combos. We have three lines that have the potential to be a first line (Plek's line certainly there right now), but are all exceptional second lines. It doesn't matter what line Higgins goes on out of the three, he is going to be a major impact player regardless. Same goes for Gui. I'd prefer to see Higgins with Koivu, but if Higgy shows more chemistry with Lang, why not?

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I guess any way you look at it we are ****ing stacked at forward and should score a **** load of goals no matter who plays with who.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I guess any way you look at it we are ****ing stacked at forward and should score a **** load of goals no matter who plays with who.
Pretty much.

We could have:

Higgins - Plekanec - Tanguay
Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lang - Kovalev

And we'd still be scoring machines.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Tusk

Quote:

Are you Tanguay's boyfriend then?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:22 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Tanguay is an excellent hockey player, but I am extremely high on S.Kost. His vision and playmaking skills are exceptional. I firmly believe that S. Kost is going to have a breakout year, so shoot me.

I also firmly believe that Lats is going to fade. You honestly believe that he is going to continue on a point per game pace for the whole year? I will give him credit for his play the first 4 games, but from the first two seasons, he just does not seem to have a strong work ethic that lasts throughout the whole year.

For sure Latendresse won't keep the pace of more than 1 PPG ; Only 15-20 NHL players do that each season .If Latendresse put 45- 55 points , it will be very good .

I don't see why you are talking of his ethic the way you do ; he spent the summer to work on his speed , to lost his fat and he even took boxe lessons , and you are saying that he doesn't have a srtong work ethic ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The truest part of that statement. Tanguay is much better than S.Kost for the time being and the Koivu line could easily become our #1 line again if they had someone who could finish their damn plays.

I am hoping that Higgins has improved even more from last season and gets reunited with Koivu. Then they would be unstoppable with Koivus pure driving force and Higgins finishing. Then you add in Tanguay and his constant deadly presence.

Lang and S.Kost have some real chemistry and maybe Lats will be motivated to start using his weight and bang in some rebounds on the third line.
Tanguay - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:30 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Pretty much.

We could have:

Higgins - Plekanec - Tanguay
Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lang - Kovalev

And we'd still be scoring machines.
very slow. Interesting lines though

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:34 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Saying "players like Chipchura are raining in the NHL"
and
"Higgins never buries his chances so he can't ever be a goal scorer"

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... do not maket them valid arguments to support her opinions.

Also i fail to see how Sergei Kostitsyn's cuteness is a valid argument in any hockey discussion.
They wouldn't support her if she was "Bob Kostitsyn". But because it's "Erika" some people think there is a chance to get some

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:

I'd take any Kostitsyn before Tanguay, they're only going to get better. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy having Tang with us... just an easy decision I think

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote