HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos (Higgins to return on Lang line)

Old
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

1st line
2ndA line
2ndB line
4th line.

is second line A better than 2nd line B ?

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Are you Tanguay's boyfriend then?
Ask anybody on the forum... Saying S. Kostitsyn is as good as Tanguay is just ridiculous.

Higgins, A. Kostitsyn, Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, Plekanec, Markov, Hamrlik, Komisarek and Price are all better player than S. Kostitsyn at this point.

And it's perfectly normal to say Tanguay is our best player not named Kovalev/Markov. Watch him play and look what he's done in his career, and it's a no-brainer.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
I'd take any Kostitsyn before Tanguay, they're only going to get better. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy having Tang with us... just an easy decision I think
It all depends of context here... Andrei? I'd take him in front of any player of our team not named Markov/Price.

Sergei? I like him, but he's overated here. I mean come on... some guys/girl(s) here predict him to get 65-75 points this year.

Now, are they both going to become PPG two-way players, and will they have both won a Stanley Cup ring at 28? Well future will tell, but as for the value of each of these players right now, Tanguay is the best player among them for the moment.

I'll repeat it : He's our best player not named Markov/Kovalev at this point, assuming we're talking about the 2007-2008 (and hopefully 2008-2009) version of Kovy. Just try to prove me wrong. Name me a Habs player better than Tanguay right now aside from Markov/Kovalev.

Old
10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
It all depends of context here... Andrei? I'd take him in front of any player of our team not named Markov/Price.

Sergei? I like him, but he's overated here. I mean come on... some guys/girl(s) here predict him to get 65-75 points this year.

Now, are they both going to become PPG two-way players, and will they have both won a Stanley Cup ring at 28? Well future will tell, but as for the value of each of these players right now, Tanguay is the best player among them for the moment.

I'll repeat it : He's our best player not named Markov/Kovalev at this point, assuming we're talking about the 2007-2008 (and hopefully 2008-2009) version of Kovy. Just try to prove me wrong. Name me a Habs player better than Tanguay right now aside from Markov/Kovalev.
Hamrlik.
And you could make an argument for Koivu.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Hamrlik.
And you could make an argument for Koivu.
Point taken... Hamrlik maybe isn't a better player, but his effect on this team is bigger. Koivu's case is arguable, in fact.

Anyway, the point is, and I'm sure you'll agree with me, that Tanguay is one of the best players of the Habs hands down. He's not a complementary player. He's a difference maker on our offense core... Saku looks way more comfortable so far this year, because he doesn't feel like he has to do everything.

Old
10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Point taken... Hamrlik maybe isn't a better player, but his effect on this team is bigger. Koivu's case is arguable, in fact.

Anyway, the point is, and I'm sure you'll agree with me, that Tanguay is one of the best players of the Habs hands down. He's not a complementary player. He's a difference maker on our offense core... Saku looks way more comfortable so far this year, because he doesn't feel like he has to do everything.
I'm really interested in what Tanguay does this year. I liked the deal, but part of me figured he was acquired because he was the guy we could get, moreso than the guy that we wanted.

I'm in wait and see mode with him. You believe in the guy, that's fine. I like his skills, but I want to see if he can be a guy who makes a difference in the outcome of a game. I thought he was excellent Wednesday, in all facets of the game. It was the first time that I've liked his game, esp. 5 on 5. The Leafs game was a nice stats night, but I thought it didn't mean that he played great, just put up points.

So, I agree that he is at the top of the heap in terms of skills but he has to show that he can be what I call a stand alone forward, a guy who doesn't need to put in certain situations.

Let's face it, we can point to Keenan or Sutter all we want, it's up to Tanguay to show his worth at this point.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Toro

Lats earned the chance to stay where he is for now. Higgins has not played a game yet and will be brought back somewhat slowly, meaning he starts on the 3rd line. We all know that means little during a game in which Carbo changes the lines up when he deems it necessary. If higgins brings it and he feels good, i expect him to take his place on Koivu's wing sooner or later regardless how Lats plays. I am a big lats supporter but it is not imperative that he plays on Koivu's wing, Higgins is good there also. If Lats has to in the end slide down to Lang's line it will be for the better of the team. Like any have said, were stacked and carbo could change the lines every game and come up with 4 solid lines every time.

On another note, S. Kostitsyn will in the end become a better player than Tanguay but it will take time. That said, i would not be surprised for S Kost to take tanguay's permanent spot on the Point on the #1 PP, and finish strong this season with 60+ points. He is a future Top 2 way FWD, with the ability to quarterback the PP from the point. S. Kost is a complete player and is way underrated all around the league. But that will change this season. People are starting to notice already. This team Rocks!!!

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote