HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraques In

Old
10-17-2008, 12:51 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
oh yeah. well my Mom is tougher then your Mom
I'm about 20 minutes from Cornwall, after Mom finishes making me cookies, what say they square off ? Parking lot of the Civic Center ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'm about 20 minutes from Cornwall, after Mom finishes making me cookies, what say they square off ? Parking lot of the Civic Center ?
I just had this very disturbing thought of you donning 1 of her dresses and racing down the 138 to wrestle around in a parking lot with a woman.

Thankfully I have the weekend to recover.

Carbo N8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
I just had this very disturbing thought of you donning 1 of her dresses and racing down the 138 to wrestle around in a parking lot with a woman.

Thankfully I have the weekend to recover.
You nuts ? What if the old broad [sorry smack66] got some shots in ? The old lady can fight her own battles.

Old
10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
You nuts ? What if the old broad [sorry smack66] got some shots in ? The old lady can fight her own battles.
But you could do like the WWE and hide a garbage can lid or some such weaponry under those big granny dresses. Or take a handful of shopping coupons & drop them. When she bends to pick them up you sucker her & get the h#@@ out of Dodge.

Old
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
But you could do like the WWE and hide a garbage can lid or some such weaponry under those big granny dresses. Or take a handful of shopping coupons & drop them. When she bends to pick them up you sucker her & get the h#@@ out of Dodge.
I was going to suggest about 4.30 but that's usually when they eat. Fun, ehhh , you n me getting to make fun of seniors ?

Old
10-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
I was going to suggest about 4.30 but that's usually when they eat. Fun, ehhh , you n me getting to make fun of seniors ?
Yeah, I'm assuming we're talking about someone older than me, but, maybe that's not the case. Oh well, acting childish is the only young I've got left.

Old
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
oh yeah. well my Mom is tougher then your Mom
Your mom is definetely rough and tough....

Now can we talk about something other than her beard

Note: joke was too good to resist... I've never met your mom and I wouldn't actually say those things about your mom. Mostly cause she'd kick my ass.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I have to laugh... we're you one of the ones who were so happy when BGL was signed? I know there were a lot of Habs fans pretty happy about getting a bit tougher.

There's nothing wrong with that, but making it out like winning those physical battles doesn't mean "anything" is just plain silly. Yes winning the game is what really matters, but no one wants to get walked over whether they win or lose.
I never commented on the BGL signing, but thanks for asking.

Yeah, you guys have sure walked all over the Habs with the physical play, not just the last 4 years but throughout history. Boston has always been big and bad while the Habs have always been the high flying skilled team.

Not until you drones over there do away with this ridiculous notion that toughness will get you anywhere in the long run, you will never get anywhere. All it will get you is stupidity on message boards. Yes, you win at arguing on a message board with your moral victories. Good for you. In the meantime, I will look for the next championship team that wears the CH.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque
“After what he pulled on Begin, I think he knew he was going to have to cross me tonight. I guess he just wanted to get it over with. I can’t say I blame him,” said Laraque, who was just grabbed and held by Thornton in what proved to be more of a wrestling match. “You could tell he was just trying not to get hurt. He’s a smaller guy but at least he had the guts to face me.”
I know it was posted but I just wanted to make note of it for future reference.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:04 PM
FF de Mars

He fights like a pittbull

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
I never commented on the BGL signing, but thanks for asking.

Yeah, you guys have sure walked all over the Habs with the physical play, not just the last 4 years but throughout history. Boston has always been big and bad while the Habs have always been the high flying skilled team.

Not until you drones over there do away with this ridiculous notion that toughness will get you anywhere in the long run, you will never get anywhere. All it will get you is stupidity on message boards. Yes, you win at arguing on a message board with your moral victories. Good for you. In the meantime, I will look for the next championship team that wears the CH.
Honestly, all childish comments aside (work with me here, acting like an adult is easy right) I never said, nor even alluded to Montreal being the fast skilled guys through all times. I don't know if it's little man syndrome or what, but don't worry I'm well aware of the history of tough Montreal players and teams. I hated the teams, but I respect them more then enough.

My comment was pretty self explanatory, and I think the monstrous thread on the BGL signing compared to the smaller Tanguay signing thread tells much. One only need to have been awake during the introductions the other night to know that most Habs fans are fairly excited at the prospect of getting some "moral victories" of their own, and for good reason. You may not be part of the majority, I don't care either way. No one likes to be walked all over, and lets face it, last year they lacked that guy that could hold the other team accountable for their actions (unless Kostopolous, or Sergei Kostitsyn are now legit concerns on the other bench). Now they have it, and good on them.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-18-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 03:30 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Honestly, all childish comments aside (work with me here, acting like an adult is easy right) I never said, nor even alluded to Montreal being the fast skilled guys through all times. I don't know if it's little man syndrome or what, but don't worry I'm well aware of the history of tough Montreal players and teams. I hated the teams, but I respect them more then enough.

My comment was pretty self explanatory, and I think the monstrous thread on the BGL signing compared to the smaller Tanguay signing thread tells much. One only need to have been awake during the introductions the other night to know that most Habs fans are fairly excited at the prospect of getting some "moral victories" of their own, and for good reason. You may not be part of the majority, I don't care either way. No one likes to be walked all over, and lets face it, last year they lacked that guy that could hold the other team accountable for their actions (unless Kostopolous, or Sergei Kostitsyn are now legit concerns on the other bench). Now they have it, and good on them.
Well yeah, you are right, we're all very happy that Laraque will prevent us from being pushed around too much. Since the Houle era until recently, we've been way too soft. But you are kind of off point. The thing is that we're expecting a lot more than moral victories for the centennial year of our franchise, we want the moon. Laraque is one piece of that puzzle. But yeah, good for us, Laraque will fight and protect our smaller guys.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 04:48 AM
kenmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
Edwards sucks.

NESN hockey blows as they seem to have gotten rid of most of there good (and i use that term loosely) play by play and on ice guys.

RDS is worse beleive it or not on homerism.

Brickley on the other hand is great.

the fight if anything was a draw.

But i suppose some unbiased and non-homer hab fans wants to give it Laraque for noogies to the back of the head.....

should help to light a fire under the rivalry the might actually draw some recognition back from the rest of the league finally.
Maybe the noogies were because Thornton had a headlock on him.

kenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Carbo doesn't seem to buy in to that philosophy much. Pointless fights and 5 mins of ice-time for Laraque at least gives Kovalev some double shifts? Past that, a rather inauspicious debut for BGL.
If Carbo is bright, he's gonna realise that's why we got BGL: to be respected. A big turning point in the series two years ago when Pittsburgh met Ottawa was Neil hitting everything that move, hitting all the best Penguins players and Michel Therrien never sending Laraque to set things straight. Well not long after a few Neil hits, guys like Malkin completly disappeared. I felt it was a really stubborn way to do things by Therrien and it cost them the series. I will believe till the day I die that this was the most important moment of those series.

It remain to be seen if Carbo will use Laraque well. And if along the way, having a guy like him in the club, Carbo will understand how to use him better. It's not Aron Downey.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote