HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Big Dump

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
The Big Dump

I am in full favor of the big dump that will soon take place from the Kings roster. The BIG Dump will include such vets as Miller, Straka and possibly Norstrom to the highest bidder. The Big Dump will put into place a couple of high draft picks for 2005 with a young ready prospect mixed in. Klatt and Luc will stay( unless someone overpays for Trent) to help mentor the kids. Our management is showing a lot of restraint on who to resign and who to look at in the UFA market. It may be in the best interest of the future of the organization and having such a deep draft in 05' to start The Big Dump, because if they go out and sign a couple of worthless old vets and we still don't make the playoffs, there will be a lot of folks taking big dumps on the organization. Also, if they are not going to play Camms or Flinn, than they should be included in The Big Dump. As it stands right now our team looks and smells like a Big Dump. Heck we just drafted Crosby's best friend.

Old
07-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I am in full favor of the big dump that will soon take place from the Kings roster. The BIG Dump will include such vets as Miller, Straka and possibly Norstrom to the highest bidder. The Big Dump will put into place a couple of high draft picks for 2005 with a young ready prospect mixed in. Klatt and Luc will stay( unless someone overpays for Trent) to help mentor the kids. Our management is showing a lot of restraint on who to resign and who to look at in the UFA market. It may be in the best interest of the future of the organization and having such a deep draft in 05' to start The Big Dump, because if they go out and sign a couple of worthless old vets and we still don't make the playoffs, there will be a lot of folks taking big dumps on the organization. Also, if they are not going to play Camms or Flinn, than they should be included in The Big Dump. As it stands right now our team looks and smells like a Big Dump. Heck we just drafted Crosby's best friend.
Not only his best friend but his bodyguard ala Marty McSorely/Wayne Gretzky. . . .

Screw it lets dump Miller and Norstrom, keep Straka or dump him whatever, we just need to rebuild. . . .

Time to load up on picks and prospects. . . .

Old
07-02-2004, 11:11 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Time to load up on picks and prospects. . . .

The Kings have a good team and they already have one of the top prospect depths in the whole league

Old
07-02-2004, 11:25 AM
B-MEL

Big Dump

I just wanted to say it!

Old
07-02-2004, 11:27 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
If ziggy signs elsewhere and come midseason we suck......then I say trade Straka,Norstrom,Miller etc.... They are getting up there anyway and getting lots of picks in a stacked draft would be steller. We do have good prospect yes but just think about a young kings team with cammy,Frolov,Brown,Grebs,Gleason as the core three years down with new good prospects to back them......drool......drool.....Even with ziggy we aren't a contender right now anyway.

Old
07-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Kings have a good team and they already have one of the top prospect depths in the whole league
I know, I just got all worked up by hearing big dump. . . .

Old
07-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man
Big Dump

I just wanted to say it!
It feels good doesn't it?
Everyone after me BIG DUMP!

Old
07-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
It feels good doesn't it?
Everyone after me BIG DUMP!
Big Dump!

So come on guys, whos next to go? Miller, Norstrom? Stumpel via Free Agency? Carter via FA?

Old
07-02-2004, 06:58 PM
KINGLEWOOD

Well it's confusing that's for sure, we all of a sudden have veteran depth on D and no scoring depth on offense. It's obvious the Kings want to build around the younger players but I wish they would make a decision on which direction their headed. If they want to compete now then sign some players or even make some more trades. If were going to wait for our younger players to lead the way then we should really trade away our vets and get picks or younger players in return. Lets look at Washington yeah they took Ovechkin (luck) but they got real good returns for Carter, Bondra, Nylander, Lang, and Gonchar.

I know DT and staff did a great job last year, and had everyone been healthy we would have had a great season. Now it's time to move on, my question is-Do we make sure we build a team that will compete for many years? Or do we rebuild every summer?

Old
07-02-2004, 08:09 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I love to say I told you so, so here it is...

I posted this way back in December and I had been talking about it for a couple months at that point.

Quote:
And if we did, it would probably be for prospects and picks, not for current NHL talent because a trade of Allison would likely be the first step in a youth movement which this team is poised to do this offseason.
Quote:
But one doesn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows (my 2nd Dylan reference in the last 24 hours) and if this team does not improve soon, there will be a youth movement at the trading deadline.
Quote:
Whether you guys like it or not, this team is going with a youth movement next season. There is absolutely no way around it. There are no less than 8 prospects that must be signed this offseason or lose them COMPLETELY. I know the Kings won't sign them all, but they will sign most of them and spots must be found. Further the money used to sign these guys has to come from somewhere. The Kings are going to blow out some of the contracts on the NHL team to give themselves money to sign these prospects. And when you use the money saved off of the NHL roster to sign your prospects, usually some of the prospects end up on the NHL roster.
Quote:
For those of you who have been talking to me via PM about this very topic know that I've been saying this exact same thing for quite a while now. This year is the last chance for this team. There is a strong feeling of a youth movement next season. Guys like Allison, Deader, Palffy, Stumpel, Lappy, maybe Luc, maybe Cechmanek, maybe Miller might be all gone come the start of next season.
How about that last quote as a shopping list. Allison, Deader, Palffy, Stumpel, Lappy - all gone or practically gone. Luc will remain. We'll see about the other two.

Toot... toot! (<--- me tooting my own horn )

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 07-02-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread