Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4: @ St. Louis, 10/16

Old
10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I hear Atlanta has a decent goaltender who wants a better job... or perhaps Boston...

And it sounds like we got killed again. Dallas has always been good at keeping shot count down and the puck out the net. Is Belf---- erm Turco sick or something?

From what I read, unless Tippett knocks some heads and takes away everyone's Louis Vuttons, it's gonna be a long, arduous season that we're not used to.

And perhaps, I should start watching the Dallas games rather than just the boxscores and see just how disgusted I can get.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC View Post
I hear Atlanta has a decent goaltender who wants a better job... or perhaps Boston...

And it sounds like we got killed again. Dallas has always been good at keeping shot count down and the puck out the net. Is Belf---- erm Turco sick or something?

From what I read, unless Tippett knocks some heads and takes away everyone's Louis Vuttons, it's gonna be a long, arduous season that we're not used to.

And perhaps, I should start watching the Dallas games rather than just the boxscores and see just how disgusted I can get.
If Tippett can't right this ship quick there will be a trade or two. JackHull won't let this team get to far out of contention unless it is now operation Tavares!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Chad_

It's easy to blame the guy between the pipes, and there's plenty of blame there, but if the Stars cannot figure out how to prevent the opposing team from camping out in front of the net, what back checking is or how to make transition passes out of their own zone, it won't matter who is in net.

There has been talk that the Stars are trying to open up the game a bit more this year in favor of more offense. While that's great, it makes me wonder if the players are still adapting to this new strategy. While I've never been one to credit Tippett for anything, other than a formerly good mustache at least, I also cannot even start to place blame upon him. New strategies take a while to perfect; it may take 70 games. Patience. It's been four games.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
It's easy to blame the guy between the pipes, and there's plenty of blame there, but if the Stars cannot figure out how to prevent the opposing team from camping out in front of the net, what back checking is or how to make transition passes out of their own zone, it won't matter who is in net.

There has been talk that the Stars are trying to open up the game a bit more this year in favor of more offense. While that's great, it makes me wonder if the players are still adapting to this new strategy. While I've never been one to credit Tippett for anything, other than a formerly good mustache at least, I also cannot even start to place blame upon him. New strategies take a while to perfect; it may take 70 games. Patience. It's been four games.
I saw many passes go in between skates and past sticks tonight and previous games. I think it's their overall sloppiness, along with their zero backcheck, that has been killing them. You could be right about the new strategy theory though.

I see a trade for a DFD in the future if something or someone (Turco) doesn't stop the bleeding.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:08 AM
catters078

i hope all the turco bashers in here calm down a little bit, hes been off we know, the D in front of him isnt as good as what it was over the last 3 years and he will have to get used to it...may take longer than people think...

lets not forget he took us to the WCF last year...lets not go turco bashing 4 games into the season...

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
i hope all the turco bashers in here calm down a little bit, hes been off we know, the D in front of him isnt as good as what it was over the last 3 years and he will have to get used to it...may take longer than people think...

lets not forget he took us to the WCF last year...lets not go turco bashing 4 games into the season...
Um, why not bash him? Even Tippett said he has been poor. Just because he took us to the WCF, doesn't mean he can slack for the first half of the season. Every point will count at the end of the season.

Old
10-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
I saw many passes go in between skates and past sticks tonight and previous games. I think it's their overall sloppiness, along with their zero backcheck, that has been killing them. You could be right about the new strategy theory though.
No, no. I agree that "overall sloppiness" is the main cause, I just wonder if the supposed new strategy is partially at fault for it. I don't know and I'm just spit-balling with that one. It's frustrating, but it's also just four games into the season.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
I am so glad I was not online for this one.

That one was embarrassing.

When will the real Dallas Stars show up? 18 goals against in 4 games.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Captain Awesome

I feel even more bad for you, we're going head to head and Turco got pulled so your GAA is through the roof.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
I feel even more bad for you, we're going head to head and Turco got pulled so your GAA is through the roof.
Don't remind me.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:04 AM
big boi

What are your current lines?

How is Modano playing?

big boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Man last night had me angry. Stars getting their ***** kicked and the HFboards weren't working for me.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi View Post
What are your current lines?

How is Modano playing?
After a 6-1 blowout, there was a shakeup:

Quote:
Morrow-Richards-Brunnstrom
(Ott/Neal)-Modano-Crombeen
Avery-Ribeiro-Eriksson
Lundqvist-(Petersen/Ott)-Barch
I'm really excited about the first line, and hope they at least play Saturday together. Morrow has been bad, but Ribeiro has been terrible. The time apart should do them well.

I think Ott will play Saturday, but I don't believe Neal or Petersen will be a healthy scratch. Petersen has been one of the best forwards the last 2 games, and Neal has looked great with Modano.

As far as the PP, I guess anything could happen. For some reason, Tippett played Richards on the point int the preseason but hasn't done it at all in the regular season. I hope that changes, and I'd like to see these groups on the PP:

Morrow-Ribeiro-Brunnstrom
Robidas-Richards

Neal-Modano-Eriksson
Boucher-(Niskanen/Daley)

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I am so glad I was not online for this one.

That one was embarrassing.

When will the real Dallas Stars show up? 18 goals against in 4 games.
I believe the Stars are 0-3 when you're not here

Old
10-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
After a 6-1 blowout, there was a shakeup:

I'm really excited about the first line, and hope they at least play Saturday together. Morrow has been bad, but Ribeiro has been terrible. The time apart should do them well.

I think Ott will play Saturday, but I don't believe Neal or Petersen will be a healthy scratch. Petersen has been one of the best forwards the last 2 games, and Neal has looked great with Modano.

As far as the PP, I guess anything could happen. For some reason, Tippett played Richards on the point int the preseason but hasn't done it at all in the regular season. I hope that changes, and I'd like to see these groups on the PP:

Morrow-Ribeiro-Brunnstrom
Robidas-Richards

Neal-Modano-Eriksson
Boucher-(Niskanen/Daley)
Ug, I hate those lines. But whatever gets the jolt in this dead team, I'm for it. I just hope the original lines can be put back together near mid-season.

Old
10-18-2008, 05:00 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
I don't think the forward lines should be shaken up whatsoever.

Tippett is coaching scared, once again, despite no reason to do so.

Talent will win out in the end over any effort.

The talent will be shamed into performance without any external stimuli.

IMO, of course.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote