HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2008, 08:48 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Are they playing with a full contingent of 12 forwards in the AHL this season?

Old
10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Levitate

have you watched these games, Squishy? Wondering how Sanguinetti is looking so far

Old
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Are they playing with a full contingent of 12 forwards in the AHL this season?
Yes, the AHL has expanded to a full 20-man roster for games, 18 skaters plus 2-goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
have you watched these games, Squishy? Wondering how Sanguinetti is looking so far
I saw Saturday's game in person, and Sunday's online. Sanguinetti wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. Basically, he's a 20 year old defenseman who needs to adjust to a faster pace of play than he's accustomed to. Right now, he's maybe a quarter step off. His passing wasn't tape-to-tape, and like he did at the end of last season, he struggled a bit to handle the puck at the point on the PP. Everything he did seemed rushed -- he needs time to adjust to the pace and build confidence with the puck. On the other hand, I don't recall any glaring errors in his own zone, which is a good thing.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Fletch

Squishy...

I'm guessing the offensive talent is there and that the focus is on not making mistakes in his own zone and being smart with the puck, and if you do that well and correct, the offense should follow if the talent is there. I assume that's the message the Rangers brass would give him since the emphasis is on defense, system and minimizing mistakes, and those are the areas in which he hasn't excelled. Could be a while before he puts it all together (if ever).

Old
10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Levitate

yeah, we always hope that a player can just step right in and use their talent to start dominating at a new level, but the fact is that it usually takes some time to get used to a higher level of play. Sanguinetti has talent, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't light the AHL on fire this year. As long as he shows improvement and shows that he can adjust to the higher level of play, then he's doing fine. I think it can also be a bit harder for a player like him who is looked at to do a lot with the puck.

Old
10-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Seriously guys, how's Hugh Jessiman going? Gut feel as to whether he'll make it? I guess if he does make it'll now be on the back of his improved physical side not so much his ability to put the points up. When he was drafted it was the opposite was it not?

Old
10-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Yes, the AHL has expanded to a full 20-man roster for games, 18 skaters plus 2-goalies.
Thats awsome news Squishy.

For us who where trying to create chemistry -- and had a bunchload of prospects at the same time in the AHL -- and plays a pretty advanced tactical game -- it was quite negative to on some nights see 4 LW and center pairs together, while 3 RW rotated.

Often there where just no stability.

Old
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Just wondering how Anisimov is doing. I know he must be pretty beat up at the loss of Alexei.

How is he doing in Hartford this year so far?

Old
10-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Just wondering how Anisimov is doing. I know he must be pretty beat up at the loss of Alexei.

How is he doing in Hartford this year so far?
He's got two assists and a game winning goal in the shootout so far. One thing he needs to work on is his play along the boards like Squishy mentioned earlier. Other than that I personally think he looked great on Saturday night. Really good hands with that stick.

Old
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
He's got two assists and a game winning goal in the shootout so far. One thing he needs to work on is his play along the boards like Squishy mentioned earlier. Other than that I personally think he looked great on Saturday night. Really good hands with that stick.
Thanks.

I hope he is doing alright emotionally right now.

He knew Alexei well from what i understand. Especially since they were team mates for international play.

Old
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Er, is it just me - or does the 'Pack's newfangled website not have any player stats, past game box scores OR OUT OF TOWN GAMES LISTED ON THE SCHEDULE?!?!?

I mean, I know they make most of their money on ticket sales, but that's just silly.

Old
10-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Well they have stats on each players personal page. Otherwise I would just use www.theahl.com for stats though.

Old
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I saw something last week that Sugden signed with the Wolfpack. Does anyone know if he has played yet?

Old
10-15-2008, 09:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I saw something last week that Sugden signed with the Wolfpack. Does anyone know if he has played yet?
They signed him last Friday I believe, and then had games on Saturday and Sunday. He didn't play in either of those. Next game for the pack is Friday night against Hamilton, so expect to see him then.

It's just pain.
Old
10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
squishy

AHL Live has posted a pretty comprehensive collection of highlights from last Sunday's Hartford-Bridgeport game.

Go to http://www.ahllive.com/ then click "Highlights" then scroll down to "Bridgeport @ Hartford Highlights 10/12/08"

Old
10-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
AHL Live has posted a pretty comprehensive collection of highlights from last Sunday's Hartford-Bridgeport game.

Go to http://www.ahllive.com/ then click "Highlights" then scroll down to "Bridgeport @ Hartford Highlights 10/12/08"
Fun to watch. Strange the clip description said that Bridgeport won in OT.

Old
10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

That's pretty sweet that we can view highlights for the games for free.

Anyways, I didn't see anyone mention that the Pack sent Mike Taylor to Charlotte and officially added Joe Barnes to the roster.

Old
10-17-2008, 05:17 PM
NYR425

Was at the game on Sunday vs Bridgeport... The crowd was empty looked like less then 2,000. I thought that Potter looked awesome. He stood out the most. Dupont had the first shootout goal , it was very Shanahan like. He roofed a wristshot top shelf. Anisimov had the game winner with a beautiful move and upstairs.
Think Bobby Sangs was not very noticable, Jessiman finished all his checks, but did not do much. Liked what I saw of Dale Weise. He could be a steal with where we were able to get him.

Old
10-17-2008, 10:57 PM
squishy

Pack lost 2-0 in Hamilton tonight. Recap from the Pack web site here:

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...ck=59&objId=86

Old
10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Highlights are up on ahllive.com

Good to see Byers step up for our talented forwards after Artem got hit hard.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
not my review but from rangers fan site. guy covers pack and is reliable

3 fights against a much larger Bulldog team, we lost the 1st 2 fights, Byeres was game in his fight, but just not big enough, best scrap was Flinn- of the Dogs who is huge and Sugden, they were yapping at each other all game, then when they dropped the gloves, both guys took off their lids and went at it, Sugden gave up size and reach, but this kid can fight, really quick fists that really had some serious power behind them, Sugden won and sent Flinn to the dressing room for stitches, I like this kid, sticking up for his teammates all game long,

Old
10-18-2008, 01:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
not my review but from rangers fan site. guy covers pack and is reliable

3 fights against a much larger Bulldog team, we lost the 1st 2 fights, Byeres was game in his fight, but just not big enough, best scrap was Flinn- of the Dogs who is huge and Sugden, they were yapping at each other all game, then when they dropped the gloves, both guys took off their lids and went at it, Sugden gave up size and reach, but this kid can fight, really quick fists that really had some serious power behind them, Sugden won and sent Flinn to the dressing room for stitches, I like this kid, sticking up for his teammates all game long,
The team LOST. Didn't score a SINGLE GOAL. And yet you talk like it was good, because your new pet "player" bloodied a guy on the other team.

Old
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Ok Fist off I was pointing out how it stated he stood up for his teammate. Second how it stated Byers was beaten by a waste of a fighter in Henry. I am a firm believer the pack are stacked and needed a guy to stand in and stick up for the kids down there. Now if you want to continue the personal attacks on me feel it makes you look like a child. Second pm me if you want to continue in private as I am 100% ready to fix your problem towards me when ever yo want to talk

Old
10-18-2008, 05:28 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dagoon likes fights
Not that hard to fathom judging by his posts
Sometimes his arguements are sensible
Sometimes... well...hmmm

I like winning
  • Games & championships
  • Fights & brawls
  • Broads & babes
  • Respect

Nuff said

Old
10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
squishy

Matt Zaba makes his Wolf Pack debut tonight.

The oft-injured Joe Barnes also makes his debut. Inexplicably, Tommy Pyatt sits to make room for him.

Closed Thread