HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Edmonton Oilers Chase Blogger Out of Press Box

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Pouzar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
Buy your way in if you aren't a legitimate member of the press.
One last time: he was a legitimate member of the press.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouzar View Post
One last time: he was a legitimate member of the press.
How so?

Old
10-18-2008, 01:16 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
David also writes for legitimate news sources. And like Brownlee, he's used material gained from a press pass for a separate blog (which I think should be fine -- because it's, uh, not a big deal). Same "rules" broken.
So who is he and who does he write for?

It's been asked a number of times and yet no one has offered the answers.

You seem to know, perhaps you should answer for him.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:18 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
How so?
Read his blog post.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
Read his blog post.
I was employed to cover Oiler games (I won't say by who, because that's irrelevant as far as this is concerned)

Of course.

Did his mom give him $20 to "cover the game".

Old
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Section337

After reading his concerns, I wish he had treated writing this particular blog more in the fashion of a mainstream media piece. For example, I would like to actually be aware of who was involved in this discussion, we have a nom de plume who works for some nameless organization, and we have nameless Oilers' PR guys. The only names mentioned are Brownlee and Gregor.

I would also like to see actual quotes (and the e-mails), as opposed to interpretations of what was said. I ask this because having participated in the internet for years, I am always amazed by how often I can read or hear something and have someone else interpret it completely differently (often more passionately than I).

Old
10-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Bryanbryoil

I just had to bump this as it was at the end of the last page...

This is what PJO had to say on that blogs comment section...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil
PunjabiOil said...
I see the HF Clowns won't even let you discuss this topic

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=563189

I must say that it amuses me that a long time poster here who has over the years purposely tried to stir the pot would have the balls to call the posters here clowns.

I have my own blog now (it doesn't mean jack squat that I, or anyone else blogs) and I most certainly won't turn my back on the people here and at my original stomping grounds (Oilfans).

PJO, if the posters here are clowns, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, while leaving this site for good.

I'll happily post amoungst my fellow "clowns" instead of thinking of myself as a God amoungst sheep on the internet.

10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
PunjabiOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I just had to bump this as it was at the end of the last page...

This is what PJO had to say on that blogs comment section...

I must say that it amuses me that a long time poster here who has over the years purposely tried to stir the pot would have the balls to call the posters here clowns.

I have my own blog now (it doesn't mean jack squat that I, or anyone else blogs) and I most certainly won't turn my back on the people here and at my original stomping grounds (Oilfans).

PJO, if the posters here are clowns, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, while leaving this site for good.

I'll happily post amoungst my fellow "clowns" instead of thinking of myself as a God amoungst sheep on the internet.
You know what your problem is? You take everything so damn seriously.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Pouzar

Are we still pretending to upset by the word "clowns"?

I've been called way worse on this web board.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Wow, my takeaway is the Oilers seem to give out media passes like pez dispensers.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

PunjabiOil said...

I see the HF Clowns won't even let you discuss this topic

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=563189

Wow, pulling a Phanuthier? Rip the site elsewhere but still come back to post.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
And you speak out of both sids of your mouth.

If you view people here as clowns, why bother coming around??? I'm sure that I'm not the only one that could survive without your posts here.

But hey, keep talking crap about the board, and keep running here when it serves your agendas because of the large base of users.

Most of the poeple that feel that they are above this site were once part of this very site. But I guess when you/they left it became crap because they were the only things that were good about this board. I hope that you guys/gals don't break your hips getting off of your high horses.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
theoil

Back on topic please. Everybody.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Are we still pretending to upset by the word "clowns"?

I've been called way worse on this web board.
As long as edumicated folkkks come back herrr from time ta time to give us herrr clowns the surrrmons that we neeeed ta surviiive.

I'm sorry, but I guess I just go by the old school philosophy that you don't crap where you make your bed.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
PJO! Just chill out! If you don't agree with what he says then just leave it be. You don't have to go and flame the HF "Clowns" as you so rudely put it.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Pouzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section337 View Post
After reading his concerns, I wish he had treated writing this particular blog more in the fashion of a mainstream media piece. For example, I would like to actually be aware of who was involved in this discussion, we have a nom de plume who works for some nameless organization, and we have nameless Oilers' PR guys. The only names mentioned are Brownlee and Gregor.

I would also like to see actual quotes (and the e-mails), as opposed to interpretations of what was said. I ask this because having participated in the internet for years, I am always amazed by how often I can read or hear something and have someone else interpret it completely differently (often more passionately than I).
Essentially, what your saying is "why should we believe him?" You don't have to.

David's identity is not a secret if your read the blog, and I think it's obvious didn't include the emails, names of PR flacks, and his job title because it wasn't necessary. Contrary to what has been depicted, he was writing a measured blog post about why he was moving on, which in some tone-deaf environs like web boards gets turned into "attention-seeker" and "whiner." It wasn't meant to be a campaign or manifesto or call to arms at all, believe it or not.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

What I find interesting in this thread is the assumption by quite a few here that the blogger is one-sidedly grinding axe.

Taking a balanced perspective(hopefully, do we always know if we are or not?) we have here a longtime blog contributor and long time devout Oiler fan that has had an experience that has really left him with a sour impression.

Leaving judgement out of the picture is that not noteworthy in itself?

That how a person is confronted and handled in the Confines of Rexall leave them questioning their continued role.

Is it really so hard to at least listen to what the fellow is saying even if its his side? To give him that modicum of benefit that maybe, just maybe he's giving a reasonably accurate view of events.

When I'm reading the piece I'm not seeing obvious signs of editiorial licence. Are others specifically seeing passages that lead to suspicion of integrity of the comments?

Or is there further presuming of negativity and axe to grind in some subsections of the blogosphere.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:49 PM
theoil

I am going to close the thread. I am going out and cannot sit here and babysit it any longer. If another mod wants to give up their Saturday afternoon to do so please feel free to re-open it.

PJO - important subject derailed because you wanted to be a twit with the thread title. Think what you want but that is what happened here.

Thread locked.

Last edited by theoil: 10-18-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Closed Thread