HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Fritsche MIA

Old
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Dan is in tonight, and he needs to show what he can do even if it is only his second game

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Dan is in tonight, and he needs to show what he can do even if it is only his second game
Well he obviously did there pal, in 9 minutes for the game he led the team in shots with 4 in the 2nd period. I thought the kid looked great. So what does he get in return for a good game last night, he rides the bench today. What a joke, must be a popularity contest or a $$ thing.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't know what it is with Fritsche. He had trouble in Columbus getting playing time too. I thought he was a surprise to be shipped out. Kid has big time heart and appears to have enough skill for 3rd line duty and some spot 2nd line duty. He's not afraid to use the body has good speed too. Geez...sounds like he should be pretty good.

I'm sorry to see him scratched in NY. I'd love to have him back in Columbus. I think if he can get some time you'll see he was an excellent pick up and will benefit the Rangers. I hope he gets that chance.
I agree and the more this crap goes on the more us fans have reason to speculate that there is sumthin else going on behind closed doors. Its obvious that his play is not hurting his cause. With that being said, whats going on?

Old
10-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
dude that's not a fair comparison.... Korpedo's upside is insanely higher than Fritche's
insanely higher? Fritsche has already proven he can be a solid defensive 10-15 goal scorer and is only a year or so older than Korpikoski. His upside may be higher than Fritsche but don't fool yourself simply cause Fritsche has 200+ games in the NHL and Korpedo is a "new guy" with "untapped potential".

No doubting he is sick, but when Fritsche is on his game he can be a very effective player.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I would like to see Fritsche given a long look. I've read nothing but good things about him, and Slats clearly wanted him.
Frische is much more suited for 3-4 line duty than Pru or Dawes. I'd like Dawes to get a shot on the top line with Gomez or Drury being moved to center the third line, a third line that would play as much as the top 2 lines, plus he'd play PP of course.

If Dawes succeed, great. If not, Prucha gets another, last shot at it.

If Dawes succeeds, then Prucha has to wait until an injury hits for his final shot to play hockey.

Hopefully one of them does.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:09 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
insanely higher? Fritsche has already proven he can be a solid defensive 10-15 goal scorer and is only a year or so older than Korpikoski. His upside may be higher than Fritsche but don't fool yourself simply cause Fritsche has 200+ games in the NHL and Korpedo is a "new guy" with "untapped potential".

No doubting he is sick, but when Fritsche is on his game he can be a very effective player.

Good post, I was meaning to write the same thing. "Insanely higher"? Isn't Korpedo's upside like 25 goals or so? Don't think Fritsche's getting nearly enough credit for his talents.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Dougmustgo*

My sentiments exactly.. You gotta give this kid a chance and from what we have seen in very little time I think he has played supurbly. I'm sure the brass sees this and hears it from their own scouts all the time so play this kid already, cmon.