HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Rumor Thread Part II

Old
10-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Gaborik Rumor Thread Part II

And so it continues......

Part I
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=559405

10-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Kachino

Gaborik Had to do it before Russeltown...

If we ever trade for him, he better be signed for a long term contract...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Brass

2 words , Please NO! :

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Namso

wells its confirmed that gaborik is the new hossa/sundin.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Erika

I really hope this rumor is true !!

I can't wait to see Gaborik in the Habs uniform !!

Can anybody tell me why Higgins wasn't dress tonight ?! Wasn't he suppose to be ready to play ?

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Clumsyhab

If Gaborik could isn't injury prone and already has a contract, I would do this trade ASAP. Losing a good two-way forward that won't cost much in Higgins, a potential #1 goalie and a #1 pick to get a guy that might play 50-60 games for your team with sub par performance in the playoff the last 2 seasons, you gotta think twice

Btw, this video makes me laugh:
http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=15725

That guy don't know the existence of cap room (that trade would add 3.9M to our cap space) and wth, he says a 1st round pick is worth nothing for us.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:38 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Would still rather a top-4 defenseman than Gaborik...we don't need more scoring. We should be looking at getting Bouwmeester if we want to go after a rental...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Do we really need a continuous thread about this? It isn't going to happen, and the longer Gaborik stays in Minnesota, the more absurd these threads get
!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:48 AM
brownman*

The Habs would win 65 games with Bouwmeester

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
The Habs would win 65 games with Bouwmeester
not a good fit .I think our D is solid and with whats coming we dont need Bouwmeester. We need to resign Komo and let the young guys play a role

You add another guy who will score 50 goals in MONTREAL id say the result will be the same

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:54 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
not a good fit .I think our D is solid and with whats coming we dont need Bouwmeester. We need to resign Komo and let the young guys play a role

You add another guy who will score 50 goals in MONTREAL id say the result will be the same
Your foolish, Bouwmeester would turn this club into a powerhouse.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:56 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Do we really need a continuous thread about this? It isn't going to happen, and the longer Gaborik stays in Minnesota, the more absurd these threads get
!
Lots of people obviously want to talk about it, even if it won't happen. What kind of board is this becoming anyways? I thought it was a discussion board. Plus, email your complaints to RDS, they're the official source printing this stuff.

I'd take Bouwmeester over Gaborik on this team, for the record. He would be the perfect fit in my opinion, and others' as well I see

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Your foolish, Bouwmeester would turn this club into a powerhouse.
your right i am foolish but not the way you think i am

i said he isnt a good fit in Montreal . Check the news .

and i said adding a guy who can score 50 a year in Montreal will have the SAME effect . You dont think a 50 goal scorer wouldnt turn the team into a power house?

Old
10-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Marksman

Quote:

Its not that simple. If we traded for Gaborik he would be displacing one 25 goals winger, Higgins or Kostitsyn sr, take your pick.

And his career highl is "only" 42 goals, playing like 25 minutes per game, which he would never get with this Habs team. Personally I'm having some doubts he improves that far from that, because hes not built to last full season of NHL hockey, just like Havlat.

I dont think we are well set, we are a deep team with some reserves (Higgins/Bouillon) left untapped. Habs are not in need to make moves, unless one of our key guys get hurt near the deadlines.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:04 AM
guest1467

Quote:
your right i am foolish but not the way you think i am

i said he isnt a good fit in Montreal . Check the news .

and i said adding a guy who can score 50 a year in Montreal will have the SAME effect . You dont think a 50 goal scorer wouldnt turn the team into a power house?
You say Bouwmeester isn't a good fit but then say another forward would turn this team into a powerhouse? BTW, Gaborik has never broke 40 goals, so you have no idea what your talking about. Bouwmeester would make our defense the best in the conference and even rival Detriots and Anahiems. He is a top 7 defensemen in the league, he brings much more to the table than Gaborik does. Not only is Bouwmeester solid on defense, he contributes to the offense alot as well. Sorry, but no, Gaborik would not have the same effect as Bouwmeester because we already have plenty of forward depth, but our defense isn't as deep.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
You say Bouwmeester isn't a good fit but then say another forward would turn this team into a powerhouse? BTW, Gaborik has never broke 40 goals, so you have no idea what your talking about. Bouwmeester would make our defense the best in the conference and even rival Detriots and Anahiems. He is a top 7 defensemen in the league, he brings much more to the table than Gaborik does. Not only is Bouwmeester solid on defense, he contributes to the offense alot as well. Sorry, but no, Gaborik would not have the same effect as Bouwmeester because we already have plenty of forward depth, but our defense isn't as deep.
first you called me foolish

now your telling me i dont know what im talking about ?

he has scored more than 40 he had 42 last year .You also notice he socred 38 in 65 and 30 in 48 games.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2096

You unleash him on this type of team we have he might bag 60

listen i said Bow doesnt fit Montreal and i say that for a few reasons . 1 his salary we wont be able to fit . 2. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...r.html?ref=rss

number 2 might be a problem for some

Old
10-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
I agree, we need a Bouwmeester much more than a Gaborik. With Bouwmeester, I really don't know how we could not get into the Stanley Cup finals.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:19 AM
brownman*

Shift 1: "Here's Markov across his own blueline with a nifty pass to Andrei Kostitsyn in full stride as he moves down the right side..."

Next shift: "Bouwmeester with Lucic on his tail - OH he eludes him with a nifty spin along the wall - now swiftly into the neutral zone is the 6'4" Jay Bouwmeester, across to Lang who dumps it in..."

Next Shift: "1:06 gone here in the first period, 2-0 Habs as Hamrlik waits patiently behind Carey Price - who has yet to face a shot here in the early going - Hamrlik with a crisp pass to the Captain, Saku Koivu, across the Bruins' blueline - he drops it to #13 Alex Tanguay..."

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:27 AM
DJFP
Registered DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Shift 1: "Here's Markov across his own blueline with a nifty pass to Andrei Kostitsyn in full stride as he moves down the right side..."

Next shift: "Bouwmeester with Lucic on his tail - OH he eludes him with a nifty spin along the wall - now swiftly into the neutral zone is the 6'4" Jay Bouwmeester, across to Lang who dumps it in..."

Next Shift: "1:06 gone here in the first period, 2-0 Habs as Hamrlik waits patiently behind Carey Price - who has yet to face a shot here in the early going - Hamrlik with a crisp pass to the Captain, Saku Koivu, across the Bruins' blueline - he drops it to #13 Alex Tanguay..."
yeah pretty much sums it up right there...

gaborik = band aid
Jaybo = unreal top 4

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:44 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
!
Totally agreed. Some people like to live in a dream world.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Totally agreed. Some people like to live in a dream world.
when bothsides (Wild and Gaboriks agent)say there not speaking to one another and no negotiations are taking place what more fuel do you need for the fire?When he turns down 80 million what more fuel do you need for the fire?

This thread is more worthy that some others on the board

Old
10-19-2008, 06:27 AM
RC51

Jaybo is Not being shopped at all.

The deal is for Gaborik.

The latest as per RDS is the wild want Higgins Halak and a 1st.
AS much as I love Higgins and I really do, he has a CH on his heart.
Last year we could not give Halak away and a 1st for MTL is a 28th pick. SO if this deal is for a deal that signs Gaborik for at least 5 years at a 7.5 rate or so, then you can not pass this up.
We keep McDo, FIsher,Weber,Suban,Pac,Maxwell and all the rest.

It would be hard to lose Higgins, he loves the Habs and would throw himself in front of a bus to stay here, A signed Gaborik is a better overall option for the Habs but If ever Higgins wants back into the Habs fold I would move a ton to get him back one day.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:35 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

And if Gaborik signs, who walks? Tanguay, Kovalev.. Koivu? One of them walks. Who? Tell me which one, and why.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:37 AM
King of Uniacke

Gaborik is good but D-man should be where we are looking.

As much as gaborik is a good player if you look at our team we are pretty deep in the forward position, i think our efforts would be better used at a D-man, like a Jay Bouwmeester, or another top level guy. But as far as when to make this move I say not for a long time no need to do anything with the way the boys are playing right now.

King of Uniacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:02 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Uniacke View Post
As much as gaborik is a good player if you look at our team we are pretty deep in the forward position, i think our efforts would be better used at a D-man, like a Jay Bouwmeester, or another top level guy. But as far as when to make this move I say not for a long time no need to do anything with the way the boys are playing right now.
I think it's a pretty simple thing.

If we add a Gaborik and lose a Higgins, we marginally improve our attack (maybe 15 goals per year). However, we significantly weaken our defensive forward group. Higgins is a great PK and good shutdown player when needed to be.

On the other hand, I have NEVER YET seen a team that is "forecheck proof" fail to be a contender. The Habs' strength in the 1970s was the Big Three. The other team could dump the puck in all they wanted, our guys would just come out with it.

To a lesser extent, this is was also true of the 1986-1989 Habs. Wih Robinson, Chelios, Green and Svoboda, the Habs had four guys who transitioned well and they went to the Stanley Cup finals two years out of four (winning once), and the semi-finals once.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote