HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

10/18/08 - Rangers @ Detroit - 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2008, 02:53 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
Because people who are mad are apt to pick up on text-based sarcasm? Leaving it alone would have been the better route. The anger was at the officials, but it's easy to redirect it at the fans of the team who benefited from what was a questionable call and a fortuitous deflection when they present themselves. We're not rivals in any sense of the word, so it's not needed.
Next time I will be sure to add the tags... or something....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
So report him for trolling if he was being annoying or indignant about it.
Annoying is subjective you know.

Old
10-19-2008, 03:04 AM
MetalMilitia

The Rangers deserved to win tonight, period. I'm very excited aboot the outcome but c'mon. The Wings were outworked. New York wanted it.

Old
10-19-2008, 03:07 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
The Rangers deserved to win tonight, period. I'm very excited aboot the outcome but c'mon. The Wings were outworked. New York wanted it.
So has every team Detroit has played.

Detroit has had such a terrible start and they are winning games they don't deserve.

Last edited by ArGarBarGar: 10-19-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old
10-19-2008, 04:03 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post
Next time I will be sure to add the tags... or something....
Do as you wish, but that's the opposite of the point and not really productive.

Quote:
Annoying is subjective you know.
So is what constitutes trolling. You're the one who brought it up as a point, not me. I haven't been on the Wings' board. If it was a civil post then it wasn't a valid point to begin with.

You're failing to realize this isn't a normal week in October for the Rangers. Should the discourse be civil? Yeah. That was one of the best hockey games I've seen in years, final minutes excluded. I'd forgotten what attacking, up-and-down hockey was like (and it's a despicable marketing sham that the Toronto/Pitt game was game of the night on NHL.com just because of Crosby's 100th goal). But the emotions on this board are extremely heightened, so things are just gonna get out of hand quickly. Whatever you're looking to get out of posting over here right now, unless your goal is to get a rise, isn't going to happen.

Anyway, before the game all I wanted was a point, so it's hard to be too disappointed. It's just frustrating the way it happened. But at least Hossa was onside this time.

Old
10-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Vitto79

I was at the game!!!!!

bummer of a loss but I was big time impressed with the balls they showed coming back throughout the whole game

I thought they had them at the end but the crowd was flipping for a penalty call then the stupid too many men on the ice.........was it even to many men , I was right at Centre Ice( even though my ticks were upper deck ,haha)

I knew right there they were screwed

Henrik was awesome, made some fan freakingtastic saves

I was impressed with obviously Voros, Dubi, Zherdev...............Cally and Dawes really stepped it up with Gomer (who takes the puck on his own alot which I like ).............Sjo, Betts,Orr were solid too.................dissapointed with Naslund, Drury, Korps as they were pretty invisible

All in all a real good point but it would of been great to get the win in OT(freaking Hossa)

a Pt vs the Champs on the road and after playing back to back games and down 2-0 in the first 3 minutes.........GOOD JOB!

Old
10-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
nothing we could have done there. Deflection was ridiculous
yea and Henrik almost grabbed it........was there in person and he was so pissed..................

Also that Too many men was freaking BS...........the fans were booing everything and it was a gimme call

told my gf that they just got screwed ..................all in all I was REALLY impressed with the effort though

Old
10-19-2008, 08:24 AM
beastly115

Was the Wings board closed or something? Why are they flocking over to our board?

Old
10-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Was the Wings board closed or something? Why are they flocking over to our board?
because they know

Old
10-19-2008, 09:19 AM
drw08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
I think some Red Wings fans are getting a little too cocky. President's Trophy, Stanley Cup? Guess what guys, you lost to Toronto, and Vancouver. How about you win a few more games before you start talking *****.
How about 4 Stanley Cups in 11 seasons?

Old
10-19-2008, 09:42 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Powerplay now 12.8%. Rangers are 6-1-1, but if their powerplay doesn't improve it won't last very long.

Old
10-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw08 View Post

Well when you have the refs to back you up winning 4 ain't that hard.

Go back to the Red Flocks board buddy.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
I have no intention of talking **** after what I felt was a good game, but I would point out that the Wings and Rangers have the exact same number of loses. They can't help that NY has played more games.
The Rangers have points in 87.5 percent of their games. The Red Wings have points in 80%. Any questions?

Old
10-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Well when you have the refs to back you up winning 4 ain't that hard.
that's going a little too far

Old
10-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
how bout 4 cups in 80-something seasons? Yea, thats what i thought

Old
10-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
that's going a little too far
Well then he shouldn't have posted that in the 1st place if he doesn't want a comeback

Old
10-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

can the mods just lock this thread its just turning into a pissing match between angry ranger fans an some arrogant wings fans(not all of them, but majority)

Old
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Garv23

Man, these game day threads are rediculous hahaha. Way too much schizophrenia and whining for my patience. So normally I'll stay away until after the game and check out some afterthoughts, maybe adding some of my own. This time, Im just embarassed for the big pile of Detroit fans here and their arrogance. This is a Ranger thread, no? Geez...

Anyway, after the firs 2 goals, man we played our ***** off! Gomer was everywhere and that line was awesome. Great move by Renney. 2nd line was a powerhouse again. Henry was great and really had no chance at the goals scored. I mean one went off of like 3 people! Huge props to that 4th line again as well. Drury is working his ass off, but he's frustrated and its obvious. I'm not worried about him though. My beef was with Redden and Rosy tonight. Redden not as much because I think he was just immediately pressured all night, but still, gave the puck away a lot. Rosy though? He was lazy especially on invisible Hossa's game winner.

That 'too many men' call was bogus especially at that time of the game. Like all of you, I watch tons of hockey and changes like that hapen a dozen times a game! Cmon, Korps was on his way over the boards before Voros got it. Rediculous.

Hey, a point on the road at Detroit is a damn good point.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:50 AM
ThirdEye

The similarity between the Devils fans who usually troll here after a win and the Red Wings fans is uncanny. Why can't other fans realize that the more you try to convince us that your team is awesome the more we will hate it, not less. Please, stop wasting your time.

Also:

Aaron Voros: 9pts +4
Sean Avery: 2pts -2

I like that. Even if it doesn't continue... I still like that

Old
10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
drw08

Quote:
how bout 4 cups in 80-something seasons? Yea, thats what i thought
How many do the Rangers have in that span?

Old
10-19-2008, 11:14 AM
coolbean04

This is the first time a GD thread is a joke.

I come to read the highlights of the game since I wasn't home to watch the game and I read all this crap????

Old
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
How many do the Rangers have in that span?
Hey go back to ur Red Flocks board and discuss how the refs are gonna give you another win.

Your team is overrated and wow you have 4 stanley cups in 11 years, wow good for you i wonder how much the flocks have paid off the NHL over the years to give them those.

Now out with you

Last edited by Rangerfan4life90: 10-19-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old
10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Acew61

Can there be a 3 year lurking minimum before you can post? I'll gladly go back to being a creeper if it gets rid of all the Sept/Oct 2008 trolls that have suddenly appeared

Old
10-19-2008, 11:50 AM
HenriksBetter

I hate that we are blaming the refs yet again for a loss. Yes Detroit tied it on the PP, but it didn't cost them the game. If the Rangers had come out of the gate hard and not been stary eyed over the Wings, they would have won the game. Not to mention that 2 of their goals were off very fortuitous bounces. Be happy with the point and that fact that the Rangers got 3 out a possible 4 points on back to back nights.

Old
10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
I hate that we are blaming the refs yet again for a loss. Yes Detroit tied it on the PP, but it didn't cost them the game. If the Rangers had come out of the gate hard and not been stary eyed over the Wings, they would have won the game. Not to mention that 2 of their goals were off very fortuitous bounces. Be happy with the point and that fact that the Rangers got 3 out a possible 4 points on back to back nights.
We have every right to blame the refs, this game was ours right in our hands and of course a bogus penalty has to be called near the end of a game like it's another script of the same **** that's been going on concering the officating for the past few years.

I'm still happy with the point but I badly wanted to beat the Red Wings and a BS call screwed all of that up

Old
10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
We have every right to blame the refs, this game was ours right in our hands and of course a bogus penalty has to be called near the end of a game like it's another script of the same **** that's been going on concering the officating for the past few years.

I'm still happy with the point but I badly wanted to beat the Red Wings and a BS call screwed all of that up
Fact of the matter is that the Rangers still could have won the game if they weren't lazy in overtime. Rosie could have set up a lawn chair and had an iced tea instead of standing around and letting Hossa score that goal.

Yes the call sucked but the Rangers still lost because they stopped playing on a shift and the Red Wings took advantage of that fact.

Closed Thread