HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still not taking a DUMP!

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Still not taking a DUMP!

Frolov-Straka-Demitra
Luc-Camms-Carter
Klatt-Army-Barney
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Kanko, Pirnes, and Flinn are still available and who knows maybe another surprise. There will be other competition.

Look I added 1 player(Demitra) and re-signed Carter. Is this a team that cant make the playoffs?

My point is we still dont need to re-build because we can make moves to be contenders. Do you imagine how low our payroll is if we have these guys signed and not make changes anywhere else? IF, we dont make any other moves besides these we still wouldnt even touch the money Deader and Ally made in the past. Demitra would replace Palffy and the money would basically just cancil out. IF, DT makes the moves and if we spend money we can turn this team into a cup contender. In my opinion if we add another top 6 player were right on the door step to be contenders. Hope Cammy comes through for us this year and Straka and Carter bounce back big.

Old
07-02-2004, 05:31 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Frolov-Straka-Demitra
Luc-Camms-Carter
Klatt-Army-Barney
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Kanko, Pirnes, and Flinn are still available and who knows maybe another surprise. There will be other competition.

Look I added 1 player(Demitra) and re-signed Carter. Is this a team that cant make the playoffs?

My point is we still dont need to re-build because we can make moves to be contenders. Do you imagine how low our payroll is if we have these guys signed and not make changes anywhere else? IF, we dont make any other moves besides these we still wouldnt even touch the money Deader and Ally made in the past. Demitra would replace Palffy and the money would basically just cancil out. IF, DT makes the moves and if we spend money we can turn this team into a cup contender. In my opinion if we add another top 6 player were right on the door step to be contenders. Hope Cammy comes through for us this year and Straka and Carter bounce back big.
Alot of if......I'm not writing off the team yet either.......but if we're doing poorly come December, I'm all for trading guys like Norstrom/Miller/Straka and stocking up on a good draft. We have the young talent to be a powerhouse in the near future.....Frolov/Brown/Cammy/Grebs/Gleason sound like a nice core to me. We just can't afford to trade anymore prospects like Anshankov or Aulin so we can finish 7-10th place anymore.

Old
07-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE55
Alot of if......I'm not writing off the team yet either.......but if we're doing poorly come December, I'm all for trading guys like Norstrom/Miller/Straka and stocking up on a good draft. We have the young talent to be a powerhouse in the near future.....Frolov/Brown/Cammy/Grebs/Gleason sound like a nice core to me. We just can't afford to trade anymore prospects like Anshankov or Aulin so we can finish 7-10th place anymore.
IF, by the trade deadline its obvious were not going to make the playoffs than I dont have a problem with trading away some of our older players. We would become sellers.
But, I'm talking about now.

Old
07-02-2004, 11:59 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
I agree with ya, there's alway hope, but if we suck come december then I'm sayin get rid of the older To me our best chance at winning a cup was the year after guys like ziggy,deader, and allison almost put out Colorado. Those day are done. We can't compare to a colorado or Detroit. But we are about 2 years from being the next Ottawa. We have our future in the guys listed above. Guys like Timonen(sp), tammy, and pushkarov aren't far behind........We will be a powerhouse a few years down the road regardless. I'd like to be a contender, but I won't be upset over a 3 year rebuild to become a power house.....sorry if the spelling wrong......I just finished havin a party.

Old
07-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Fat Elvis

This thread should be called THE BIG IF!

Closed Thread