HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/18/08 - Rangers @ Detroit - 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2008, 12:07 PM
HenriksBetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
We have every right to blame the refs, this game was ours right in our hands and of course a bogus penalty has to be called near the end of a game like it's another script of the same **** that's been going on concering the officating for the past few years.

I'm still happy with the point but I badly wanted to beat the Red Wings and a BS call screwed all of that up
The terrible start where they allowed 2 goals in the first 4 minutes had more to do with them losing than that single penalty call. The Rangers had to play from behind all game long. Yes it sucks that call occured that late in the game and it def was a terrible call. But again if the Rangers had a better start they could have been up by 2 or 3 goals instead of just 1 at that point.

Old
10-19-2008, 12:08 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

How terrible this GDT turned out.

Old
10-19-2008, 12:09 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acew61 View Post
Can there be a 3 year lurking minimum before you can post? I'll gladly go back to being a creeper if it gets rid of all the Sept/Oct 2008 trolls that have suddenly appeared
You don't think I'm a troll do you?

But normally I like talking to other fans about how the game goes and I apologize if my time here has upset you but I've only tried to be civil and lighthearted. It was a great game and the Rangers played like they wanted to win. The problem with hockey is the better team loses games sometimes.

Do these two teams play again?

Old
10-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
I got an e-mail from Mr. Bettman. He says the rumors are true, the Wings paid him 600 million dollars last year to help them win the Cup.
True story eh?...

Old
10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
blue425

I was out....didn't get to see the game. I know they were down 3-1. Thankfully they didn't just mail it in. But I want to know if the too many men penalty was legit.

They took an obvious (like 5-8 seconds) too many men penalty against Toronto on Friday, I hope a trend isn't starting.

Old
10-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
I got an e-mail from Mr. Bettman. He says the rumors are true, the Wings paid him 600 million dollars last year to help them win the Cup. He also says that he now has changed the too many men penalty because of idiotic Ranger fans. You're now allowed to have six skaters on the ice at all times, even overtime. This is only for the Rangers though.
haha..........rather humorous.............man I was at the game and saw it plain as day............the Red Wing fans were boooing for like 2 mintues on LEGAL ranger hits............then as soon as they saw they could give one back they made the call for too many men and DIRECTLY effected the outcome of the game

BUT hey whatever Ranger fans are just saying it's a shame a stupid call had to cost us the game..............but they showed balls..........Detroit is great there i no doubt but the Rangers can skate with them and you know it .......Plus Henrik destroys Osgood anyday

Old
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
T Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Its really to bad that we can't play Detroit 8 times per season -- instead of playing 16 games against trapfests like NJD and NYI...

That would make this team better. Against NJD, and after playing them, we always becomes much more cautious, we always starts backing down et c. Because we know that as soon as we don't make allot of big misstakes thoose teams can't score on us.

Playing more games like this would REALLY develop this team.

Heard that, bro. Instead of the Wings having to play Nashville all the time.

Old
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Sadly we don't get to play the Red Wings. The only other way is if the Rangers and the Red Wings make the Finals

I agree that instead of playing the Islanders and Devils constantly I wish we could play teams like detriot more often.

Old
10-19-2008, 01:30 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Low View Post
Heard that, bro. Instead of the Wings having to play Nashville all the time.
This is spot on. This league needs to have fast attractive hockey - the style of play of eg NJD & NYI is effective but my word it's boring. Bettman should look at this game and say, how do we get more of these games?

Old
10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by forhasta View Post
This is spot on. This league needs to have fast attractive hockey - the style of play of eg NJD & NYI is effective but my word it's boring. Bettman should look at this game and say, how do we get more of these games?
There isn't really much more you can do to limit trap style hockey. The crackdown on obstruction was a great step but it still doesn't completely keep teams from clogging up the nuetral zone.

I personally think the NHL should schedule more games between teams that have made the playoffs and keep the talent gap as small as possible. This allows more fast paced games and may make games between lesser teams exciting.

Old
10-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post

How terrible this GDT turned out.
AMEN.

Old
10-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Acew61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post

But normally I like talking to other fans about how the game goes and I apologize if my time here has upset you but I've only tried to be civil and lighthearted. It was a great game and the Rangers played like they wanted to win. The problem with hockey is the better team loses games sometimes.

Not you...the others

Old
10-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post

You and the Detroit mod, were the only ones not trolling. The other people saying garbage were trolling.

Old
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Melrose_Jr.

This thread is an embarrassment to this forum.

Closed Thread