HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku Koivu 08-09 Version is illin!

Old
10-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Is that why Grabovski got traded to Toronto? Classy Gainey wanted him to feel more at home.

Leafs get a new jersey? you think they would get around to changing it
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471362

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Mother Pucker

Is it me or it is the first time Koivu actually plays with a real 1st liner (Tanguay) in his whole career in Mtl? I'm so glad for him, he's been so underapreciated throughout his career.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Tanguay must be the best regular winger since Mark Recchi. Or could he be even better. If he stays healthy all year (knock wood), his old career numbers will be improved by some margin. I wonder if he can beat his younger brother, even.

A big challenge for Gainey though, who to keep ... maybe he gets some kind of package deal, for another successful Cup run.
So someone makes a Saku appreciation thread and it morphs into someone wanting to trade Saku.
Unless maybe i misinterpreted your winky guy emoticon,

Saku looks great and I hope he stays past this year. I don't like the quotes I have been hearing from Saku and Gainey about another contract. It seems like both sides are uncertain that they can get a deal done.

Personally, even if Gainey knows that Saku will leave as a UFA, you have to keep him all year because he is needed for a cup run THIS YEAR. He is more valuable on our bench than being traded because of all the others things that he brings to this team...plus he is tearing it up right now!

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Miikka- View Post
I'm pretty sure money will be no issue if you guys want him to stay. It's not about money anymore..we all know what Saku wants now. And he feels he has the team around him, that can make it all the way.
I fully agree with that statement, Saku is in it for the win. People seem to forget that before this contract he kept taking paycuts year after year when everyone was getting those ridiculous contracts pre-lockout

He's not about the money, and he makes up his mind faster then Mats Sundin (thank God)

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:33 AM
bhuya71

well for the first time in his life he's got an elite winger and a young big guy that can finish on his wings...wow i never thought i would say that koivu had an elite winger

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
I hope that Saku is only getting 12 mins bc they're trying not to overwork him and not because there is some beef btw Carbo and Saku.

Though I doubt there is some beef bc it seems like Saku is just not getting an pk time, which might be a good idea.
Exactly, The difference is the PK time, Saku is able t rest during the PK and conserve his energy when he's most needed. Once Higgins is back (looks like Monday on the Plekanec line) I bet he takes on the PK role.

Side note: I'd rather have Higgins and McDonough over Gaborik.

For the price Gaborik is going to cost, Montreal can re-sign both Komiserek and Higgins long term not to mention not losing McDonough!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
Is it me or it is the first time Koivu actually plays with a real 1st liner (Tanguay) in his whole career in Mtl? I'm so glad for him, he's been so underapreciated throughout his career.

Well, people have seen what he is able to with real 1st liner around him in international games (Lehtinen-Koivu-Selšnne has been one of the best lines in international level for the past 10 years) and therefore give him appreciation.

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
HockeyF3ind

Tanguay is just a great match with Koivu....there collective vision and versatility by bothing being playmakers who can score really meshes well...it seems all they need is a big body to play with who can shoot too and it all works well.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:59 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Tanguay is just a great match with Koivu....there collective vision and versatility by bothing being playmakers who can score really meshes well...it seems all they need is a big body to play with who can shoot too and it all works well.
And that is what Lats is providing this season. He has really matured and can now keep up with the play. As a result, he is hitting and utilizing his frame more effectively than before. Koivu must be happy to be part of a real line for the first time in ages.

bipolarhabfan is online now   Reply With Quote