HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei "The General" Markov appreciation thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
  #1
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Andrei "The General" Markov appreciation thread

Been awhile since we done one for our best defenseman...He leads all dman in points with 8! GO MARKOV!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
  #2
couz
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
His +/- is great also and as we all know that stat goes far in Norris consideration.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
  #3
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Most important player on our team IMHO...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
  #4
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
His +/- is great also and as we all know that stat goes far in Norris consideration.
Lidstrom has won it before the season started though?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:08 PM
  #5
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Without a doubt the Habs most important piece to the cup puzzle. He has the best vision of any player on the team.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
  #6
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Lidstrom has won it before the season started though?
Well he is the front runner for sure.
Someone will have to be much better than him at virtually every level to have a sniff.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
  #7
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
5 game point streak! going for 82.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
  #8
Licou
Registered User
 
Licou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Longuh
Country:
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Most important player on our team IMHO...
The best one too.... Seeing him live his such an orgasmic experience. His passes through the neutral zone are insane...

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
  #9
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
I get nightmares about what this team would be without Markov.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
  #10
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
5 game point streak! going for 82.
That leads to a good question, has anyone in the history of hockey ever had a point in every game during a season ?

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
  #11
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I get nightmares about what this team would be without Markov.
Almost 2000-01 bad.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
  #12
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
That leads to a good question, has anyone in the history of hockey ever had a point in every game during a season ?
Probably Gretzky. His best season was 215 points. That's over 2 PPG.

Edit: 51 games...

Longest consecutive goal-scoring streak from start of NHL career: Joe Malone, 14 games (1917–18)
Longest consecutive goal-scoring streak: Punch Broadbent, 16 games (1921–22)
Longest consecutive assist-scoring streak: Wayne Gretzky, 23 games (1990–91)
Longest consecutive point-scoring streak: Wayne Gretzky, 51 games (1983–84)
Longest consecutive point-scoring streak from start of season: Wayne Gretzky, 51 games (1983–84)
Longest consecutive point-scoring streak by a defenceman: Paul Coffey, 28 games (1985–86)
Longest consecutive point-scoring streak by a rookie: Paul Stastny, 20 games (2006–07)

(from wikipedia)

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
  #13
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Been a big supporter of Markov for a very long time. I know 417 to MTL has been too.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
  #14
couz
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
You know I'll be very happy if he gets nominated, so that's a possibility.

once you get nominated you're considred elite.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
  #15
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500


nuff said

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
  #16
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Most important player on our team IMHO...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
  #17
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
If there would be only one player in the team that you could put a "protect from all injuries" spell on.....it would be Markov.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
  #18
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post


nuff said
HAHAHA

I wuv markov <3 <3 <3


Yea he's great for the team, excellent defenseman, and good support on the offense. Truly an important asset for us.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
  #19
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post


nuff said
LMAO, good one!!!

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
  #20
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Been a big supporter of Markov for a very long time. I know 417 to MTL has been too.
Damn right!

I've been a Markov fan for a loonnnnggg time...he's my favorite Hab and NHL player, I think he's a great player and is terribly underrated. I always said he would stand out more as the talent around him got better, because Markov thinks the game on another level and he needs players around him who can match or at least come close to matching his hockey sense.

Even last night, his pass to Koivu...I had to watch that play like 5 times, Koivu was behind the net and out of sight before Markov started his windup, i'm not sure if the diagonal pass was his first intention or if he changed his mind midway, but any way you look at it, it's impressive and the thing is he does one of those passes 2 or 3 times a game.

It's a real pleasure to watch Markov play when he's on his game...He doesn't get enough due IMO, even if now people are starting to recognize but even then, the local media spends it's time talking about Kovalev, Price or Koivu and little about Markov...kind of surprising considering he's our best player and IMO, most important member of the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
You know I'll be very happy if he gets nominated, so that's a possibility.

once you get nominated you're considred elite.
He came in 6th in voting last year I believe, and I think he can improve on that this year...with the talent he has around him this year, 65+ pts isnt out of the question, he's just entering his prime right now


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-19-2008 at 09:45 PM.
417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
  #21
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
I always watch Markov carefully in the first 5-7 minutes of a game. If he's running around or getting overwhelmed by the other team, there's a real good chance we'll lose. If he's playing his usual solid, pokecheck, crisp passing, "The General" type game, I feel very confident a win is in the cards.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
  #22
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I always watch Markov carefully in the first 5-7 minutes of a game. If he's running around or getting overwhelmed by the other team, there's a real good chance we'll lose. If he's playing his usual solid, pokecheck, crisp passing, "The General" type game, I feel very confident a win is in the cards.
you're not the only one, good thinking..

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
  #23
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Damn right!

I've been a Markov fan for a loonnnnggg time...he's my favorite Hab and NHL player, I think he's a great player and is terribly underrated. I always said he would stand out more as the talent around him got better, because Markov thinks the game on another level and he needs players around him who can match or at least come close to matching his hockey sense.

Even last night, his pass to Koivu...I had to watch that play like 5 times, Koivu was behind the net and out of sight before Markov started his windup, i'm not sure if the diagonal pass was his first intention or if he changed his mind midway, but any way you look at it, it's impressive and the thing is he does one of those passes 2 or 3 times a game.

It's a real pleasure to watch Markov play when he's on his game...He doesn't get enough due IMO, even if now people are starting to recognize but even then, the local media spends it's time talking about Kovalev, Price or Koivu and little about Markov...kind of surprising considering he's our best player and IMO, most important member of the team
lol even Koivu was shocked to get the puck, he bobbled it a bit but still had time and an open net to score.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:46 PM
  #24
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Markov is awesome....

He is bar none the most important player to this team!!! We can deal with any player on the team getting injured... but a Markov injury would be a disaster.

Also this thread needs more photoshop.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:58 PM
  #25
EurOConnEcton
Registered User
 
EurOConnEcton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
agree with you all

After price i think markov is the corner stone of the team!

His vision/ passing ability is in the top talent of the nhl along with thorton and crosby

He can dominate the pp and also is very effective on the pk

He can log big minutes without making mental blunders

He has a above average slap shot at point "when used" lol

Has a good set of hands and speed

All in all i personaly think he is a top deffender going along notables like Lidtrom,Pronger,Nidermayer,gonchar,Cambell ect

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.