HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The WE DON'T NEED AN IMPACT FORWARD THREAD!

Old
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH!

Hold the phone their bud.. You think Gainey is going to give a RFA goalie, out of his first NHL contract, 7M per season? Only if its a 15 year deal. And it won't be.

Price will likely get another small 3-4 year deal to keep him a RFA for his next contract, and expect the contract under 5-6M.. Thats how Gainey operates, he isn't going to break his mold for anyone.

What is it with posters on here taking a players worth, multiplying it by 2, and causing a mass panic. Like those guys that said Komisarek would make 6+... In bizarro world maybe.
Henrik Lundquist says Hi...

He got a 6 years 6,5mil deal... If Price keeps it up, he will get the same and most probably more since he's more hyped and younger...

If Gainey tries to low ball him, he'll leave via an offer sheet... I'm sorry to break it to you, buddy...and the way Gainey has been pushing Price development it's surely not to lose him this way...

...and btw, I'm not one who says that Komi will get a 6mil deal by Gainey... he will get it from the Isles, but not from Gainey... we'll see what he'll chose.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Let's see. We may not have a top-10 player but we may end up with 6 players between 11 and 40.

What do you prefer? The way the team is built, we have a very good chemistry. Players in AHL are pushing players in NHL.
Players in NHL are pushing to get top minutes.
Higgins, SKost and Lats are already feeling the pressure.

Soon others will follow. Introducing Gaborik may be good and may be not.

Who thinks we have a good chance to sign Gaborik at 11 Millions that he will want? He will be UFA: If Sundin can get 10M, then Gaborik can get more. More than Hossa, more than Sundin.

If you say yes to Gaborik:
  • you want him for a year and are willing to give a lot for him;
  • you are ready to offer him 11M.
Please, no one will offer him 11mil on a multi-years contract...

Sundin situation was different and totally out of context.

Now let's get serious again...

Old
10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Next Best Thing*

We have enough soccer players on this team already thank you but no.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Henrik Lundquist says Hi...

He got a 6 years 6,5mil deal... If Price keeps it up, he will get the same and most probably more since he's more hyped and younger...

If Gainey tries to low ball him, he'll leave via an offer sheet... I'm sorry to break it to you, buddy...and the way Gainey has been pushing Price development it's surely not to lose him this way...

...and btw, I'm not one who says that Komi will get a 6mil deal by Gainey... he will get it from the Isles, but not from Gainey... we'll see what he'll chose.
Lundqvist earned that 6.875 million a season via several Vezina nominations and playing something like 70 games a season. With the way the coaches are playing the goalies, Price may never see either situation in the near future.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:49 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
Lundqvist earned that 6.875 million a season via several Vezina nominations and playing something like 70 games a season. With the way the coaches are playing the goalies, Price may never see either situation in the near future.
Oh boy... Have you even red what I wrote?

Old
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Oh boy... Have you even red what I wrote?
Yeah, I did. Price won't be playing 70 games a season, and thus (probably) won't be put into a similar situation as Lundqvist where he gets Vezina nominations.

Sure, Gainey will want to keep him, but he hasn't over-spent on any of the unproven young players on the team, and if Price continues to play the way he's playing and plays about 40-50 games a season, he won't see Lundqvist-type money, either. He could possibly see something similar to Lundqvist's first extension, which was something in the ball-park of 4 million for one season.

Note that, as hyped up as Price has been, he doesn't have the numbers to warrant a six million dollar contract. Many people are anticipating big things from Andrei Kostitsyn, and he got a 3.25 million dollar contract; Gainey's not going to pay for hype.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
Note that, as hyped up as Price has been, he doesn't have the numbers to warrant a six million dollar contract. Many people are anticipating big things from Andrei Kostitsyn, and he got a 3.25 million dollar contract; Gainey's not going to pay for hype.
I'm actually expecting and have no issue with giving Price $6-7M. I don't see why anyone would.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:47 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Even considering the centennial year, a better chance of contending now vs a good chance of contending for years to come. I'd much rather have longevity.
I was thinking...maybe we should get into this with the frame of mind of only getting Gaborik to get the cup. We may lose Higgins for it, but next year Max Pac could easily take Higgins' spot.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote