HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #9 - 10.20.08 | Dallas Stars @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
quick question..but how would you guys react if avery "bumped" into lundqvist ?
The same way you guys would react if Avery "bumped" Brodeur IMO. Henke is our best player and if tries anything he'll have to answer the bell to either Mara, Voros, Orr, Dubinsky, or Callahan.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am telling myself the truth when I say Avery picked his spots and for as many times he was in the spotlight, there were equal times he wasn't "in to it" (or couldn't get the opposition to bite). All that said, I was/am an Avery fan.

I will be shocked if Avery tries anything tomorrow night. MSG will treat him well and he will do everything in his power to get on the scoresheet without a PIM to his name. I believe Avery still has respect for NY. But as for New Jersey, that's a different story. Avery will make headlines Wednesday night.
Yeah but when Avery played in the playoffs with that spleen (?) injury and he just tried to battle his way through it. That was gutsy.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
Yeah but when Avery played in the playoffs with that spleen (?) injury and he just tried to battle his way through it. That was gutsy.
He didn't play when with his spleen. He only played when he had no idea of it.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
He didn't play when with his spleen. He only played when he had no idea of it.
Does it make a difference? The guy felt the same pain before knowing it and after.

hmm, that Avery, what a pansy for not playing after finding out it was a ruptured spleen...

Old
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Does it make a difference? The guy felt the same pain before knowing it and after.

hmm, that Avery, what a pansy for not playing after finding out it was a ruptured spleen...
That's not what a I meant at all.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:43 PM
TylerDurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I'd rather he not get any ovation at all (positive or negative). Is he Giacomin, Messier, Graves, or Leetch that he deserves a big ovation like they did? Many players even those who were on the Cup team, never got a big ovation, why does Avery deserve one?

I personally would rather hear a cheer for someone like Jed Ortmeyer (who is recovering from ACL surgery and also again with blood clot issues) returning to MSG (which won't happen this year) than Avery. Ortmeyer is a guy who gave his all and was loved by teammates and fans alike for a few years.

Jed ortmeyer? Really? Yeah, he worked his butt off because he had no choice, he had no skill. Mike Gartner didn't bring us a cup, came back and got a good ovation which was well deserved. Avery brought publicity to NY. He, along with JJ, brought respect and interest back to NY. You're kidding yourself if you think that the Rangers make the playoffs if Avery wasn't acquired at the deadline. Just look at the record with him in and with him out of the lineup.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:46 PM
AK2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzz324 View Post
Jed ortmeyer? Really? Yeah, he worked his butt off because he had no choice, he had no skill. Mike Gartner didn't bring us a cup, came back and got a good ovation which was well deserved. Avery brought publicity to NY. He, along with JJ, brought respect and interest back to NY. You're kidding yourself if you think that the Rangers make the playoffs if Avery wasn't acquired at the deadline. Just look at the record with him in and with him out of the lineup.
But look at our record this year without him.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:47 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
no more arguing about Avery....hes driving everyone insane and we are never even around him.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2794 View Post
o snap.

Old
10-19-2008, 10:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I'd like to see voros beat avery's ass the first time he goes near hank...

I wonder just what the room sans Jagr, Shanny, think of Avery. They certainly will be "prepared" for his game. I could see some showmanship taking place. This could also be a big enough game for Avery to turn invisible

Old
10-19-2008, 11:02 PM
TylerDurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2794 View Post
yeah because 8 games matches the year and a half avery spent here.

Old
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Or better yet. He tries to pull **** on Henke and Orr is on the ice
no way Avery squares off with Orr

Old
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
rangers13

For some reason I think avery will be quiet tomorrow ill be there in my avery jersey cheering for the guy but if he does somthing stupid he gonna pay for it

Old
10-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
no way Avery squares off with Orr
Honestly. You'd have to be insane if you think Avery fights Orr. IF Avery were to fight someone, it might be a guy like Callahan or maybe even Dubinksy.

Old
10-19-2008, 11:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Honestly. You'd have to be insane if you think Avery fights Orr. IF Avery were to fight someone, it might be a guy like Callahan or maybe even Dubinksy.
If anyone he'll fight Voros, no history there

Old
10-19-2008, 11:46 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
i for one hope avery gets a big ovation
agreed.

shocked at all the turncoat Ranger fans some of you are, oh wait.......

Avery was the best thing that happened to the Rangers since we discovered The King.

He meant a lot to us fans who were dying for an emotional, passionate, heart on your sleeve player.

THe Rangers have made the PO's 3 straight seasons since the lockout, that doesn't happen without Avery. After going what 8 seasons? without PO hockey, that means a lot.

I'll never forget this game.

Old
10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
FLYLine24*

Forget the Avery crap guys...your better off.

If you really know Avery then you KNOW he has been counting down the days for this game to give Sather a big "**** YOU"...hes going to come out and be the biggest pest he has ever been...you will all HATE him after this game.

Do you really think he is saying, "Oh hey...im playing the Rangers, I love those fans...i'm going to play a very quiet game and wave to the fans when they cheer for me!"

Old
10-20-2008, 12:02 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Exactly.

He'll probably pick on someone never known or very knew very little of during his time here.

Old
10-20-2008, 12:19 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Looking forward to heading to MSG tonight. I will applaud Avery during the pregame skate, but once the game begins, the niceness goes away for me.

Old
10-20-2008, 12:40 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Forget the Avery crap guys...your better off.

If you really know Avery then you KNOW he has been counting down the days for this game to give Sather a big "**** YOU"...hes going to come out and be the biggest pest he has ever been...you will all HATE him after this game.

Do you really think he is saying, "Oh hey...im playing the Rangers, I love those fans...i'm going to play a very quiet game and wave to the fans when they cheer for me!"
oh for sure, I don't doubt that in the least, he's going to play his game. I will still acknowledge his importance to the team the past 1 1/2 seasons. It's going to be interesting, thats for sure.

Old
10-20-2008, 12:40 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Before I start this post I'm going to say that I was and still am a huge Avery fan.

Agreed. And for another thing, it's not like he doesn't know Voros is his replacement, and vice versa. But the Rangers know Avery better than anyone in the league. If they get sucked in to his game which you know he's going to play ten fold, then they deserve it. The best way to deal with Avery is to avoid him, and let him take the first penalty, rather than over reacting to something minimal, and having him draw a penalty which he is oh so good at.

But if that mother****er bumps Lundqvist, I hope Orr is on the ice to take care of him.

Old
10-20-2008, 12:55 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocks View Post
for those going to the game tommorow, what are you gonna do when avery touches the puck?
Will you boo him each time, or cheer him once before the game? each possesion?

I loved Avery, but I'm glad we didn't get him back. To me, he's another player. I won't cheer for him because he's no longer a ranger, and it's not like he's a legend that gets the love no matter what. I won't boo him either. He was a favorite player of mine, I enjoyed watching him in a Rangers jersey. I say this as if I have tickets though lol

Ill try to pick up a pair late, but I doubt it
i wont cheer him one bit, im glad hes not back, there was a reason why sather said he was a detriment to the team back in those arbitration hearings and theres a reason why sather didnt match the contract this year.. he said im a ranger? yea only if i get 4 mill plus a ntc for 3 or 4 years which wouldve killed us.. no thanks goodbye sean, good riddance.. during his press confference he didnt have to say a word about the rangers because they werent brought up and of course he opened his mouth and said dallas was better then they were, was it necesary, especially coming from a place he loved so muhc? just as good as the rest of them, screw him, i will boo him, he doesnt deserve anyone to cheer him

Old
10-20-2008, 12:59 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
ortmeyer had no skill? really? because i remember he was one of the best damn penalty killers we had.. he was a heart and soul guy, someone messier said could be the next captain of this team.. no skill? bs.. avery might have brought publicity back, but he did not bring respect back whatsoever.. look at the league and how they responded to his antics.. of course we all loved it but the league and fans around the league didnt and they looked down upon it

Old
10-20-2008, 05:42 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

First and foremost, good luck tonight. The other night vs. Detroit you guys played some awesome hockey. Was a pleasure to watch.

As for Avery, I think I speak for most when I say that you guys will finally see what a ******* he is from the other side of the spectrum. When the dirtbag is not your own anymore - you will finally see what minimal activity he brings to the facet of hockey. I, for one, hope he doesn't try to harm your goaltender because a loser like him, big ego and all, would not hesitate to do it. And I think you all know that.

I'm, for one, glad he's out of New York. Let Dallas let this useless, 4th line sparkplug deteriorate their franchise.

Old
10-20-2008, 06:11 AM
tors10

i don't think he will do anything stupid. BUT he will prove to sather that it was wrong to let him go. 2 goals for avery tonight. but rangers win!

Closed Thread