HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #9 - 10.20.08 | Dallas Stars @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Forget the Avery crap guys...your better off.

If you really know Avery then you KNOW he has been counting down the days for this game to give Sather a big "**** YOU"...hes going to come out and be the biggest pest he has ever been...you will all HATE him after this game.

Do you really think he is saying, "Oh hey...im playing the Rangers, I love those fans...i'm going to play a very quiet game and wave to the fans when they cheer for me!"
He's bitter towards the Kings and his first game against them was a horrible for him. I'd say he was invisible except for the fact that his terrible play stood out so much. He ran no one, drew no penalties. He was not his normal self.

It's odd that people say 'forget avery, voros should fight him'. How do you blow off Avery but in the same breath praise Voros, Dubinsky or Callahan? Even Mara this season. This type of attitude was non-existent prior to Avery. I would hope people recognize that our future success is tied to the change in attitude Sean Avery brought to this organization.

Old
10-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Garv23

<- going to lose his mind before the game tonight with all this "Return of Allmighty Avery" junk. Man, I'm so glad this guy and all the rediculous baggage is gone.

With all this spotlight, he's going to have his most agitating game of the year so far. Boo or cheer, whatever. I hope we win the game and move on.

Old
10-20-2008, 08:31 AM
beastly115

Tonight let's show Avery why he should have taken a pay cut to stay with us

Old
10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
First and foremost, good luck tonight. The other night vs. Detroit you guys played some awesome hockey. Was a pleasure to watch.

As for Avery, I think I speak for most when I say that you guys will finally see what a ******* he is from the other side of the spectrum. When the dirtbag is not your own anymore - you will finally see what minimal activity he brings to the facet of hockey. I, for one, hope he doesn't try to harm your goaltender because a loser like him, big ego and all, would not hesitate to do it. And I think you all know that.

I'm, for one, glad he's out of New York. Let Dallas let this useless, 4th line sparkplug deteriorate their franchise.
When did you start watching hockey? Hopefully that comment was in jest. If you honestly believe Avery is a "4th line sparkplug", than I wonder how long you've been watching the game.

Old
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quotes

Some quotes;

Quote:
- Avery:

"If anyone feels that I was disruptive or had my own agenda, I wish those guys would have the [guts] to say it to my face," Avery told The Post by phone late last week. "I don't think I was disruptive or selfish.

"All I did was give everything I had for the team, I don't think that was a question. If my [former] teammates feel that way about me, that would certainly be very disappointing.

"I played hard for my teammates."

"I would hope I get a good response from the crowd because I certainly gave my all for the team and the fans, but the great thing about New York is how loyal the fans are," said Avery, who signed a four-year, $15.5M free agent contract with Dallas after rejecting Glen Sather's four-year, $12 million offer.

"So if I'm booed, I guess it wouldn't upset me, knowing how much they love the Rangers. It's one of the reasons I loved playing here so much," he said. "To tell you the truth, I'm trying not to think about it. I'm going to have to watch my emotions.

"I'm definitely going to have to watch myself. I don't want to do anything to hurt my team."

--------

Quote:
- Valiqutte:

"I don't want to single out Sean, but there were conflicts of personalities in the workplace," Valiquette told The Post on Friday when asked if he had been referring to Avery. "Some friction can be constructive for a team, but there was too much of it last year and it had an adverse impact on our season.

"Sean was great for us on the ice. I'll leave it at that."

When Dubinsky was asked following Saturday night's 5-4 overtime loss in Detroit to whom specifically he'd been referring, the sophomore center declined to name a name.
"I'm not going to tell you," he said. "I personally enjoyed last year - personally.

"But this year is a lot different."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202008...ix__134362.htm

Old
10-20-2008, 08:50 AM
hdw

There's yet one more storyline for tonight.

We all know that Hank utterly hates to lose and he hates getting scored on.

What's even worse according to himself (and others involved) is when the scorer is Swedish or even worse mates from the national team.

But the worst thing that could happen would be getting scored on by his twin brother.

It's not very likely since Joel is a 4:th line grunt, but it would be historic

Twins facing each other in the NHL is rare, but one them being a goalie ups the ante a bit.

Old
10-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Can't wait to get this game over with and hopefully put 'all thats Avery' to bed. I bet he's quiet and Ott makes more noise.

I'm more interested in the Ludqvist brothers matchup.

3-1 Rangers.

Old
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
agreed.

shocked at all the turncoat Ranger fans some of you are, oh wait.......

Avery was the best thing that happened to the Rangers since we discovered The King.

He meant a lot to us fans who were dying for an emotional, passionate, heart on your sleeve player.

THe Rangers have made the PO's 3 straight seasons since the lockout, that doesn't happen without Avery. After going what 8 seasons? without PO hockey, that means a lot.

I'll never forget this game.
Oh come on now, we wouldn't have made the playoffs without Avery after 8 seasons of no playoffs? Jagr & Lundqvist brought the team there in 05-06 and Avery wasn't on this team.

Sure Avery provided that jolt the following season, but who knows what would have happened if he didn't come. They could have gone on the same streak, we don't know.

Jaromir Jagr & Henrik Lundqvist were the reason why the Rangers made the playoffs the past three seasons and don't forget that.

Avery scored 53 points in those two seasons as a Ranger, Jagr 167.

Old
10-20-2008, 09:07 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I have a feeling Zherdev and Avery are going to come together a couple times.

Old
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
SML

To me, the comments by Valiquette are clearly directed at Avery. It was no secret they didn't get along. As far as the "different agendas" I think they are more referencing the Czech clique, Marek Malik's selfishness in regards to being benched, The conflict in "who's team" this was, Jagr's, Shanny's or Drury/Gomez's, the team's refusal to listen to the coaching staff about the PP design. All those issues are gone now. I will miss Avery. He may be the most purely entertaining player I've watched, ever. Not the most skilled or talented. But even the most skilled player only gets a few opportunites a night to really shine. Avery had the ability to make something happen every shift. He always made you want to watch. The team may turn out to be better off without him, but IMO, the entertainment value of Sean Avery is as high as any player in the league.

Old
10-20-2008, 09:57 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

here's...

Here's to hoping that Lauri is sat down and Prucha gets to play a game with Drury and Naslund.

OR here's hoping to Lauri playing well with Drury and Naslund.

I would love to have a 1-2-3 line punch. That would be evil and go a long way in the playoffs.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
When did you start watching hockey? Hopefully that comment was in jest. If you honestly believe Avery is a "4th line sparkplug", than I wonder how long you've been watching the game.
I've watched the game for 17 years now, each as avid as the last. I'm an NHL fan first, Islander fan second. I appreciate the game.

That is why I view Avery as a dirtbag. Need you not look at Valiquettes comments on Avery? Say all you want, the guy has worn out his welcome in, now counting, two NHL cities and soon to be a third. His gamesmanship is the worst in the league, he's a punk, and he resorts to PERSONAL attacks on PROVEN NHL STARS.

I guess when your a meathead loser who saw his best points come at a time when Jagr was on the Rangers does not surprise me. Good for the Rangers, there was a bit of a connection there. But to act like Sean Avery is anything more than what he is has me wondering if YOU watch the game.

He is an individual who plays for his own name, never the name on the jersey. But please don't question whether or not I watch the game, I watch enough of it, believe me.

He is a fourth line sparkplug who has a Jason Blake ego thinking he means more to the team that he actually does. Talk to me in January, by than we can argue his 18 points and his 4 million dollar paycheck.

Oh, and if Avery was more than what I claim he is, where was his 4 million dollar paycheck offer from Slats?

Old
10-20-2008, 10:22 AM
blue425

To be honest I had us losing to the Wings. The quick 2-0 start they had hurt the boys. I'm glad they bounced back to the point where they could have won, rather then mailing it in.

I liked Avery when he was here, and since he hasn't kicked my dog or ****** my wife I see no reason to boo. I'm glad he is gone, he wanted too much and is obviously injury prone. If he concentrated on scoring, he could easily be a 20-25 goal scorer (I know its been said before).

Tonight we get the W. This is a team they should beat, and beat soundly.

Rangers 5
Stars 2

Old
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
I've watched the game for 17 years now, each as avid as the last. I'm an NHL fan first, Islander fan second. I appreciate the game.

That is why I view Avery as a dirtbag. Need you not look at Valiquettes comments on Avery? Say all you want, the guy has worn out his welcome in, now counting, two NHL cities and soon to be a third. His gamesmanship is the worst in the league, he's a punk, and he resorts to PERSONAL attacks on PROVEN NHL STARS.

I guess when your a meathead loser who saw his best points come at a time when Jagr was on the Rangers does not surprise me. Good for the Rangers, there was a bit of a connection there. But to act like Sean Avery is anything more than what he is has me wondering if YOU watch the game.

He is an individual who plays for his own name, never the name on the jersey. But please don't question whether or not I watch the game, I watch enough of it, believe me.

He is a fourth line sparkplug who has a Jason Blake ego thinking he means more to the team that he actually does. Talk to me in January, by than we can argue his 18 points and his 4 million dollar paycheck.

Oh, and if Avery was more than what I claim he is, where was his 4 million dollar paycheck offer from Slats?
For a guy whose team is an annual joke and could use anyone who gives a crap at all, you seem pretty bitter. Blake was one of the few people who hustled on the Isles that we worried about when playing you and you guys crap on him too?

Avery was a huge part of the team, and his edge is something a team like yours could use.He made it fun to watch the games. Just because he took a nightly dump on your goalie (who's pretty selfish himself if you ask me) doesn't mean he has no impact or value.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Forget...

Forget about Avery. Not worth getting riled up about.

He's a PFW and plays well. Voros is a PFW and has played well.

The Rangers aren't a winning team because of one player.

This season has proved that so far....we will find out as the season plays out...then people can talk.

In the meantime, let's talk more important issues, like the LOHUD blog saying that Korpedo is being benched in favor or Rismiller.

Looks like Renney is going back to his prototype lines. Big body in front of the net and start shooting.

Voros on one line, Callahan on another, and Rismiller on the 3rd with Naslund and Drury....let's see if it works.

If so your going to see Korpedo sent down , Prucha and Fritche being the extra forward. Its the safest thing to do and not lose Prucha for nothing.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Davisian

Thanks for the spleen, now go **** yourself Sean.

Sure, he gave the team a shot of adrenaline, but as many stories coming out now have pointed out, his ****** baggery was already wearing thin in the lockerroom.

You don't give 5 years at 4 per to that kind of person, unless you want to regret it by year 2..

He played hard for the Rangers? Yeah? No ****, he's supposed to play hard for the Rangers, they all are.. It was funny to watch him get under Marty's skin, but it seems to me that Voros was able to do the same, without all the clowncar sideshow..

He can take his more worried about page six image and his disappearing in the second round of the playoffs ass and lick my juicy couture..

Old
10-20-2008, 10:43 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:

Ever think that maybe there's a middle ground between "4th line sparkplug" and worthy of a $16 million investment?

You may have watched hockey for 17 years, but clearly you haven't been able to develop your ability to watch it objectively.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
TheHotRock

i know avery is gnna get an ovation tonight. i'm not happy about that. but maybe it'll get to his head and he'll take a dumb penalty.

anywya, **** avery, this si about our team and we should leave the garden tonight with 2 points.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
On the game itself: Let's play a hard 60+ minute game, win each shift and know that we still have Hank to bail us out on any mistakes. Let's Go Rangers!!! I'll be there in my new home, section 307, ready to cheer on the boys in blue.

On Avery: I liked him as a Ranger and thought he brought a lot to our team that we lacked. There is no doubt that he helped to change the attitude that we had. I haven't made up my mind on how to react to him. If he's starting tonight, I may applaud a bit when he's announced, but once that game starts, he's the enemy. If he scores, I won't be happy.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i know avery is gnna get an ovation tonight. i'm not happy about that. but maybe it'll get to his head and he'll take a dumb penalty.

anywya, **** avery, this si about our team and we should leave the garden tonight with 2 points.
Yeah, I hate it when the fans show their appreciation for a guy who busted his ass for the team and helped them win a lot of games.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

If you watched the game for 17 years, I have to wonder how hard you paid attention.

Avery is extremely talented. He always was. All the way back to juniors.

He's far from a 4th line player. At the bare minimum, he's an elite 3rd line player.

Sather offered him 3M a year. Not a far cry from the 3.8 or whatever he got from the Stars.

And if you're going to call me a "meathead loser", at least spell "you're" right. Do me that favor.

Though I don't disagree that Avery plays for himself and is a dirtbag. My real disagreement with you was that you had the audacity to call him a 4th line player. It's simply unfathomable for someone to think Avery is only a 4th liner and actually believe it (as you do). Quite shocking and disconcerting.

Old
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

AVERY IS NOT A RANGER. DEAL WITH IT.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

Old
10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
MiniRide

Boo.. 2nd game im going to this season where Korpi isnt playing...

Old
10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
AMEN supersonic

Old
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

My friend saw Avery having dinner with Shanny at a bar in Manhattan last night. Avery said he's nervous if anything.

Glad I got tickets to the game.

Last edited by 1Knee1T: 10-20-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Closed Thread