HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chris Higgins is a KEEPER!!!

Old
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
it's a character from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, only the greatest show...ever.

I will slap you in public if you utter those words again...

If a guy hit you on the right cheek, present him the left one, if he hit you on the left, present him your cousin who is a member of the Hells Angels

quote roughly translated from francois Pérusse

but still good one.

CH4THECUP make no more comments on Speed11's ugly avatar.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Higgins is a solid player who is in form now.... why does he have to return to form?? He's never been out of form. Oh he's struggling right now with 0 pts you say?? He hasn't played a game yet.

Higgins is a guy Gainey said no to when the Hossa deal broke down... i don't think we are in a hurry to trade him.
Obviously I was referring to the numerous times last year he failed to bury chances that he so obviously should've been able to bury.

His first season he played amazing for half a season
His second season he played amazing for half a season

Last year he imo didn't do as well in either half of the season as he did in his first two.

Yes I know he did end up netting a decent number of goals, all I'm saying is that I think he could do better. If anything it isn't higgins hate, I just expect a lot from him because there were numerous oppertunities last year I felt he missed but could've had. It isn't an insult towards higgins, it's just my opinion on the situation is all.

I wouldn't be shocked that higgins is in a trade because personally I think he's the player that makes most sense right now as trade bait.

To get something good you need to give up something good. I'm not saying it will ever happen, I'm just saying right now he seems to be the player that makes the most sense to use as trade bait. I never commented on his non-performance of this year cause obviously I realize he hasn't really been playing.

To the people who don't feel higgins is trade bait, then who do you think would be in order to get a top line forward or star defenseman? You need to give to get. They aren't going to take a 3rd, Fischer, Maxwell, O'Byrne for Elite/Star defenseman with 2 contract years at a bargain. (just as an example)

You need to give up at the bare minimum a 1st, higgins type player or good prospect or both depending on who you're getting.

Last edited by neofury*: 10-20-2008 at 11:08 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Obviously I was referring to the numerous times last year he failed to bury chances that he so obviously should've been able to bury.

His first season he played amazing for half a season
His second season he played amazing for half a season

Last year he imo didn't do as well in either half of the season as he did in his first two.

Yes I know he did end up netting a decent number of goals, all I'm saying is that I think he could do better. If anything it isn't higgins hate, I just expect a lot from him because there were numerous oppertunities last year I felt he missed but could've had. It isn't an insult towards higgins, it's just my opinion on the situation is all.

I wouldn't be shocked that higgins is in a trade because personally I think he's the player that makes most sense right now as trade bait.

To get something good you need to give up something good. I'm not saying it will ever happen, I'm just saying right now he seems to be the player that makes the most sense to use as trade bait. I never commented on his non-performance of this year cause obviously I realize he hasn't really been playing.
As McPhee said earlier... he scored 27goals.... thats an improvement on his personal best and not a disapointment.... Perhaps the problem isnt Higgins play at all, but your perception of it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:10 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
As McPhee said earlier... he scored 27goals.... thats an improvement on his personal best and not a disapointment.... Perhaps the problem isnt Higgins play at all, but your perception of it.
Possibly. I'm not going to deny it, I have high expectations for Chris, but I don't think that is ever a bad thing to have. I think he could be better than he has been.

If this was Steve Begin we were referring to here, then I'd say he's doing his job, but Higgins I think could be better than he has been.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
habfan4

Is it me or are people still stuck in the 80s when it comes to talking about point totals? 27 goals in a league where only 3 guys break 50 and 10 guys break 40 is not that shabby.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Pr3Va1L

Chris is a good offensive line forward, and is good defensively.

The thing poeple need to understand is that he's NOT a scorer

Great team player, good on PK, IMPORTANT on a scoring line. Just don't rely on him to finish the plays...
Like last year, without Ryder, he was forced into the "scorer" role on a line and wasn't able to fulfill that role on a line.

Put him with Lang and Sergei, he'll get loads of assists, 30 goals and he'll make those 2 players play a lot better, creating space, forechecking all the time, etc.

I just doubt he'll ever score more than 30-35

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote