HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Rumor Thread Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2008, 10:33 AM
  #76
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,710
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Oh ok. I thought you meant ''trade Koivu instead of Higgins because his brother is in Minny!111111!!!!''

my point still kind of remains though...they want 3 offensive lines...Koivu is a must keep with only Maxwell as an offensive center prospect.

Wonder what tonight's lines will be if Begin is out with the flu too. I'd guess:

S. Kost - Pleky - Kovy
Lats - Koivu - Tangs
Kosto - Lang - Dandy
Lappy - Chippy - BGL
As much as Chip might be readier than D'Agostini, at one point it has to come down to position. And what bottom lines would you prefer?

Kosto-Lang-Dandy
Lappy-Chip-BGL

or

Kosto-Lang-D'Ago
Dandy-Lappy-BGL

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
  #77
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,982
vCash: 883
I honestly believe Higgins won't be traded. Something just gives me the feeling he's a Hab for life.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
  #78
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
More likely than Higgins packing his bags... is Higgins re-aggravated his groin injury, this is common place with groin injuries.

He's not at practice cause he is seeing a specialist on it perhaps.

And we are all going for nothing.

The cap implications of the trade make a trade unlikely at this time as is. The further call-up of Chipchura makes them more tight (cap calculated daily).... For those speculating a fake injury are we gonna sit out Higgins for 2 months waiting for the trade to happen??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
  #79
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,197
vCash: 500
During the home opener Higgins looked really upset when he was introduced. Not frustrated he wasn't playing, deeply upset. Add that to both Gaborik and Higgins being held out of their lineups and I start to worry something is indeed up.

Hell of a risk. Gaborik's a genuine superstar but he's made of porcelain and priced to match. And Higgins is surely one of the most versatile and reliable young wingers out there.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
  #80
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,710
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
And we are all going for nothing.

The cap implications of the trade make a trade unlikely at this time as is. The further call-up of Chipchura makes them more tight (cap calculated daily).... For those speculating a fake injury are we gonna sit out Higgins for 2 months waiting for the trade to happen??
Seems that I was....

From CKAC, all the guys not playing tonight are still injured. No trades involves. And we have to add Laraque to the mix, don't know if he aggravated his groin injury but won't be ready to go tonight. Higgins is still not ready to go. Bégin might be ready, we'll see later. Seems that we will dress 7 d-men tonight....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
  #81
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,754
vCash: 500
With all this talk about Gaborik and Gainey has this rep " expect the unexpected" watch if Sundin suddenly shows up for practice next week at the bell center.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
  #82
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Doesn't take much for quite a few posters to go bonkers with their trade speculations lol

Higgins is nursing a groin injury and so is Gaborik, and because their both not in the line up people go ape poop

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
  #83
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that I was....

From CKAC, all the guys not playing tonight are still injured. No trades involves. And we have to add Laraque to the mix, don't know if he aggravated his groin injury but won't be ready to go tonight. Higgins is still not ready to go. Bégin might be ready, we'll see later. Seems that we will dress 7 d-men tonight....
Brisebois on Forward

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:02 AM
  #84
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
So why can't it be Koivu that is gone?
He could then simply go play with his brother.
Gainey can find some help at center over the summer.
What is with this "Koivu wants to play with his brother" nonsense?

They are 8 or 9 years apart in age. Saku was off playing hockey when Mikko was still a little kid...Koivu has already said that he isn't really that close with his younger brother because of the age difference and time spent at opposite ends of the world, and they only recently started becoming closer.

This whole thing is silly.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:14 AM
  #85
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
there's no way Koivu wouldn't want to stay here after going through 10 yrs of misery.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
  #86
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
great blog. read

http://wwweyesontheprize.blogspot.co...habs-fans.html

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:44 AM
  #87
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
OUCH!!!!!!!!!! One 70 point season in 8 years...and the guy wants 10 million a season? No thanks!

Edit: That 10 million will probably be enough to entice both Kovalev and koivu for another season or two.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
  #88
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Why did we give up on Vinny?????

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
  #89
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
During the home opener Higgins looked really upset when he was introduced. Not frustrated he wasn't playing, deeply upset. Add that to both Gaborik and Higgins being held out of their lineups and I start to worry something is indeed up.

Hell of a risk. Gaborik's a genuine superstar but he's made of porcelain and priced to match. And Higgins is surely one of the most versatile and reliable young wingers out there.
oy

Do you know Higgins well enough to be able to know how he feels?
The guy was injured, once again, and was missing the home opener of the centennial year. On top of it, his team was coming back from a very successful road trip.
Everybody is pumped to play for the Habs this season.

We also know Higgins doesn't have an attitude problem, so all your little speculation can come to a rest.

Gaborik isn't playing because he's injured. Even you say he's made of porcelain, so..
Higgins didn't play because we have NO reason to rush him in and risk aggravating his injury. We have a lot of depth, we have the luxury of still having a good team while 1-2 key guys are out. Be happy, instead of having the conspiracy theorist crappy attitude.

Carbonneau said yesterday while talking about A.Kost that he was looking very fine, normal, didn't have any headaches and he remembered every thing that happened. He didn't show symptoms of any type of concussion.
He said he'll skate tomorrow but he was probably going to miss the FLA game seeing as they have 5days off after.
Would be stupid to rush him in for FLA when he can take a night off and have a week to recover well.
They are taking the same route with Higgins.

Expect both A.Kost/Higgy back Saturday.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
  #90
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
Why did we give up on Vinny?????
Vinny??? Who the heck is Vinny?

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
  #91
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Vinny??? Who the heck is Vinny?
Some guy that we were supposed to trade ryder dandy and a 4th for ;-)

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
  #92
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Dutchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
Why did we give up on Vinny?????
Because he just signed an 11 year contract?

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:54 AM
  #93
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
finally a voice of reason amidst the Eklund and RDS "media".

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:54 AM
  #94
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Because he just signed an 11 year contract?
ye of little faith... Tampa has Stamkos now, they are moving in a different direction, they have no use for Vinn any more, pffttt dont you know anything???

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
  #95
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Because he just signed an 11 year contract?
Only because he wants to be a Hab for life after he and his contract are traded here.

Everybody missing the big picture

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM
  #96
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
trade idea:

to minny:

Higgins
Fischer
2nd
Bag of Pucks

to MTL

Gaborik

To TB

Gaborik
Dandoullion
Desjardins
1st
Stack of Pylons

To MTL

Vinny

bada bing bada boom

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
  #97
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Dutchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
ye of little faith... Tampa has Stamkos now, they are moving in a different direction, they have no use for Vinn any more, pffttt dont you know anything???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22
Only because he wants to be a Hab for life after he and his contract are traded here.

Everybody missing the big picture
Dutchmen

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
  #98
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Dutchmen
its all good man, people here think hockey is some sport played on grass with balls......

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  #99
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
trade idea:

to minny:

Higgins
Fischer
2nd
Bag of Pucks

to MTL

Gaborik

To TB

Gaborik

Dandoullion
Desjardins
1st
Stack of Pylons

To MTL

Vinny

bada bing bada boom
So they cloned Gaborik, and are trying to make profit from it?!

Habskrieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
  #100
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
oy

Do you know Higgins well enough to be able to know how he feels?...We also know Higgins doesn't have an attitude problem, so all your little speculation can come to a rest...Expect both A.Kost/Higgy back Saturday.

Yo buddy, it's a little trade speculation in a trade rumour thread on a hockey board. If that seems inappropriate to you, I'd suggest you're in the wrong place. I might note that I made no predictions, just noted that things are a little weird with the Higgins situation ( for instance, notice he's not talking to the press? That's not his usual mo)

Meanwhile you seem to already know how the inside of AKost's head is feeling. So who's making baseless speculations?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.