HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Rumor Thread Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2008, 01:10 PM
  #101
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
So they cloned Gaborik, and are trying to make profit from it?!
OMG its a 2 part trade man, like can't you take this seriously and read it carefully??? we trade for gaborik, then trade him away for Vinny! this will be on Eklund any minute now

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
  #102
Peacock
Registered User
 
Peacock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
So they cloned Gaborik, and are trying to make profit from it?!
I think he means we trade him to tampa right after acquiring him.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
  #103
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
OUCH!!!!!!!!!! One 70 point season in 8 years...and the guy wants 10 million a season? No thanks!

Edit: That 10 million will probably be enough to entice both Kovalev and koivu for another season or two.
No.
10Million because he scored 110G in 190GP, that's a goal ratio of .58G/GP.
Only Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have better scoring ratios over the last 3seasons.

It's also not sure how much he wants. He keeps refusing offers from Minny because he clearly wants out.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
  #104
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
if gaborik gets 10 mill, i will throw myself off the great wall of china

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
  #105
Kebekoi
Registered User
 
Kebekoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Matane, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
trade idea:

to minny:

Higgins
Fischer
2nd
Bag of Pucks

to MTL

Gaborik

To TB

Gaborik
Dandoullion
Desjardins
1st
Stack of Pylons

To MTL

Vinny

bada bing bada boom
We don't have the rights to Souray anymore

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
  #106
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
So Gaborik is a bad person because he thinks he can make a lot of money?

Does that make Chris Drury a bad person too? How about Brian Rolston? Or are gritty North Americans exempt from the Eyes On The Prize character judgement?

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
  #107
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
So Gaborik is a bad person because he thinks he can make a lot of money?

Does that make Chris Drury a bad person too? How about Brian Rolston? Or are gritty North Americans exempt from the Eyes On The Prize character judgement?
I would say All three of them are terrible people...

Kevin Federline on the other hand...

DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
  #108
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,967
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
You would think he'd at least be able to spell the name of our "best prospect" correctly...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
  #109
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
if gaborik gets 10 mill, i will throw myself off the great wall of china
I'll pay for your airfare.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
  #110
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
I would say All three of them are terrible people...

Kevin Federline on the other hand...
K-Fed is basically Mother Theresa on skates.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:44 PM
  #111
DJFP
Registered DJ
 
DJFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I'll pay for your airfare.
no need my friend, its walking distance...

and I would probably only break my legs

guess im not so worked up over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
K-Fed is basically Mother Theresa on skates.
hes also probably the best MC out there,
I put him up with Nas and 2Pac and John Cena


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-20-2008 at 02:58 PM.
DJFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
  #112
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yo buddy, it's a little trade speculation in a trade rumour thread on a hockey board. If that seems inappropriate to you, I'd suggest you're in the wrong place. I might note that I made no predictions, just noted that things are a little weird with the Higgins situation ( for instance, notice he's not talking to the press? That's not his usual mo)

Meanwhile you seem to already know how the inside of AKost's head is feeling. So who's making baseless speculations?
he's not talking to the press because on the one hand they want quotes from him and on the other, include his name in every freakin' trade speculation involving players coming here. he's the LEAST likely guy to want to be dealt.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
  #113
Doctor House
Registered User
 
Doctor House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
How did the Gaborik rumors get started? They make zero sense from a Habs POV

Oh and McDonagh is going nowhere anytime soon.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
  #114
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
Nothing but assumptions without sources , quotes or proofs of what the guy is saying . He talks in the name of Gainey and Gaborik , likes if he knows what they have in their mind .

The guy needs to be more awared because he doesn't have any clue of Gainey and Gaborik mind , but is just telling us his own opinion about it

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
  #115
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
How did the Gaborik rumors get started? They make zero sense from a Habs POV

Oh and McDonagh is going nowhere anytime soon.
Thanks for the update Bob !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 07:48 PM
  #116
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrecords View Post
OMG its a 2 part trade man, like can't you take this seriously and read it carefully??? we trade for gaborik, then trade him away for Vinny! this will be on Eklund any minute now
nope no can do
i was just messing around about the cloning wasnt making fun of you, just of the situation of the rumors.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
  #117
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No.
10Million because he scored 110G in 190GP, that's a goal ratio of .58G/GP.
Only Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have better scoring ratios over the last 3seasons.

It's also not sure how much he wants. He keeps refusing offers from Minny because he clearly wants out.
He also averaged a PPG over the last 3 seasons.

That said i would never give him 10 millions , especially long term. He's worth about the same as Hossa imho (7.5 - 8).

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:16 AM
  #118
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Wild looking to trade Gaborik

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU


According to an NHL team executive, Wild General Manager Doug Risebrough has been actively shopping Gaborik around the league and over the weekend offered Gaborik to his team in a trade.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-21-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Don't quote the whole article.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:59 AM
  #119
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Your foolish, Bouwmeester would turn this club into a powerhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You say Bouwmeester isn't a good fit but then say another forward would turn this team into a powerhouse? BTW, Gaborik has never broke 40 goals, so you have no idea what your talking about. Bouwmeester would make our defense the best in the conference and even rival Detriots and Anahiems. He is a top 7 defensemen in the league, he brings much more to the table than Gaborik does. Not only is Bouwmeester solid on defense, he contributes to the offense alot as well. Sorry, but no, Gaborik would not have the same effect as Bouwmeester because we already have plenty of forward depth, but our defense isn't as deep.
And while Gaborik would take, let's say Higgins' spot, Bouwmeester would take...O'Byrne's. Biggest upgrade is clearly the 2nd option, for offense AND defense. Detroit wouldn't be so scary anymore...

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
  #120
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
And while Gaborik would take, let's say Higgins' spot, Bouwmeester would take...O'Byrne's. Biggest upgrade is clearly the 2nd option, for offense AND defense. Detroit wouldn't be so scary anymore...
You know what... i hadn't put it in those terms to this point... but yeah... that is a fantastic point there.....

And another reason I'm on the Bouwmeester train

Bouwmeester >>>>>>> Gaborik

Let it rain brothers... let it rain.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:26 AM
  #121
Gardak
 
Gardak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris
Country: France
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gardak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
You know what... i hadn't put it in those terms to this point... but yeah... that is a fantastic point there.....

And another reason I'm on the Bouwmeester train

Bouwmeester >>>>>>> Gaborik

Let it rain brothers... let it rain.
While i see your point Beaker (and btw, TDG is also on the Bouw train ), the only reason i'm leaning towards listening to the Wild is that right now, it looks like Gabs is the only one available.

Bouw's probably gonna be available at the deadline, but he will cost a king's ransom. And i'm pretty sure some dumb GM WILL overpay for him (see the Tkachuk trade, and good ol' Keith back then didn't have a quarter of Bouw's value right now).

Gardak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:29 AM
  #122
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardak View Post
While i see your point Beaker (and btw, TDG is also on the Bouw train ), the only reason i'm leaning towards listening to the Wild is that right now, it looks like Gabs is the only one available.

Bouw's probably gonna be available at the deadline, but he will cost a king's ransom. And i'm pretty sure some dumb GM WILL overpay for him (see the Tkachuk trade, and good ol' Keith back then didn't have a quarter of Bouw's value right now).
Obviously if Gainey feels that he costs too much he won't make the move....

I'm sure there are other UFA D out there that will be available.

I still see upgrading the D as the priority... not only in the top 4, but increase the depth as well.....

Remember a few years ago when Buffalo was playing their 9th and 10th D in the playoffs vs Carolina.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
  #123
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,718
vCash: 500
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253306&l...s=secStory_nhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsn.ca
An unnamed NHL team executive told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune this week that Wild general manager Doug Risebrough has been actively shopping the star forward around the league and offered Gaborik to his team in a trade over the weekend.
Not sure if it was posted, sorry if it was for just saying something twice.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
  #124
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,979
vCash: 500
Seems that it's a done deal......gloves with Koivu's name were spotted at the Xcel Energy Center....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
  #125
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253306&l...s=secStory_nhl



Not sure if it was posted, sorry if it was for just saying something twice.
Matthias Brunet saying it might be Kings or Habs. Apparently the Wild is willing to take some salary back in order to trade Gaborik. (e.g Dandenault)

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that it's a done deal......gloves with Koivu's name were spotted at the Xcel Energy Center....
Selon de sources sures, l’échange est conclus entre MTL et Minesotta. Une paire de gants au nom de Koivu a été livré à l’aréna de Minneapolis…

I lol'ed too.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-21-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.