HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4: verse Carolina: Post Game THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Zad,

What game were you watching? We were the faster Team? Carolina was running circles around us until midway through the 3rd.
I guess we're ignoring the 1st period? The one where both teams were running circles around each other? The shots were 6-4. No one was flying past anyone in the 1st.

The Canes impressed me with their speed during the 2nd, and they ran out of gas in the 3rd when the Kings were the ones flying. This is the same Canes team that absolutely mopped the floor with the Kings the last time around.

- T

Last edited by TonySCV: 10-19-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
So let me get this straight.....If the team is good it is because Dean built a great team. But if the team loses it is because of bad coaching? You cannot take credit for the victories but blame others for the defeats....well you could but that would be something a coward would do.

The team may very well become what Dean envisions it to be. But at this very moment in time they have not accomplished anything worth bragging about. When that time comes then people can say that dean has built a better team than anyone here could.
Try not to do the strawman thing. It's a weak form of advocacy. Nowhere in my post do I give Dean credit for the victories.

Dean puts the pieces out there. What happens at that point has nothing do with him, win or lose.

As a side note, coward? Did that word just pop in your head? Use a better filter.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 07:01 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I haven't even been to Bevmo to buy the champagne. I did go to Circle K and buy a six pack before the game though.

Oh yeah, I also never said that they were going to finish in the 60 point range this season. I know how painful it must be for you to give a little credit where credit is due and admit that the GM knows more about building a team than some of you.
Now you were 1 of the experts who predicted POS' deal would get done before training camp started? Or were you the guy who preached patience? Cause it seems rather odd to me for somebody to preach patience over and over again to conclude how the season is going to go 4 games in. Typical Kingy Kingster reaction. Win a game and the Kings are going to the Cup. Are you guaranteeing the Kings will finish above 70 points after 4 games? If so what happened to patience? The Kings have played great, JLB has played much better than he has in the past despite being the worst goalie in terms of rebound control I have ever seen outside of rec league hockey. Zeus has played great. Love Simmonds. Doughty is better than Jack Johnson. 78 games to go.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Zad,

What game were you watching? We were the faster Team? Carolina was running circles around us until midway through the 3rd. Carolina was the faster team but they lack size up front. We play a collapsing defense so Teams are going to control the puck on us and point shots are going to be available. We are going to see more goals scored like Carolina did last night but we will limit the between the circle shots that has a higher scoring pct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I guess we're ignoring the 1st period? The one where both teams were running circles around each other? The shots were 6-4. No one was flying past anyone in the 1st.

The Canes impressed me with their speed until the 2nd, and they ran out of gas in the 3rd when the Kings were the ones flying. This is the same Canes team that absolutely mopped the floor with the Kings the last time around.

- T
Apparently part of the second period as well.

There was about 6-8 minutes in the second period where the Canes had the momentum and were outskating the Kings. There was about 2-4 minutes in the 3rd, toward the end where the same thing was happening.

...and pucknut50, I was watching the same game as you.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
Last nights Carolina's goals were the most bizarre set of bad bounces I've ever seen. There was also very hard work by the Canez. Labarbera played very well. None of the goals could redound to his play. There was no big let down by the team. Yes, they were shaken but they did not fold. The Brown goal was so important. God Bless Patrick O'Sullivan.
There are certain people on the board whose words I respect more than others. Guys like Guzmania are one of them. He has been a huge critic on alot the Kings have done, including Lombardi decisions and Labarbara. We hardly ever agree and he can really get under my skin sometimes. He is also one to admit when Lombardi does positive things and Labarbara has good nights. He doesnt put on his "hata-glasses" and not admit when things went good. Making himself look like a jackass shouting to the world how crappy the goaltending was when it was a quality perfroamnce. That is why I respect and enjoy reading Guzmania's posts... no matter how much they piss me off sometimes.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
guzmania

Thank you Froly; (check's in the mail!)

S'all opinions, after all. Bottom line:
Go Kings!
We're in the catbird seat!
All my neuroses can be calm now. Phew!

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I think that my comments over the summer prove that I do support what DL is doing as LA's GM even though I fully admit that he has most certainly made some glaring mistakes.

I like the youth movement and I like how this team is shaping up for the future. Before the season started I stated that I was a little optimistic about the playoffs.

.......But

It has only been four games, there is alot of season still left to be played. I'm not going to state that the Kings have turned the corner just yet.

I will say that it's nice to watch our young talent on display instead of paycheck collecting losers. (Didn't know you knew British slang, sorry) Here's hoping they continue to become a solid team and do some damage this year. With the effort being put in each game, what isn't there to be proud of?

Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 10-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Now you were 1 of the experts who predicted POS' deal would get done before training camp started? Or were you the guy who preached patience? Cause it seems rather odd to me for somebody to preach patience over and over again to conclude how the season is going to go 4 games in. Typical Kingy Kingster reaction. Win a game and the Kings are going to the Cup. Are you guaranteeing the Kings will finish above 70 points after 4 games? If so what happened to patience? The Kings have played great, JLB has played much better than he has in the past despite being the worst goalie in terms of rebound control I have ever seen outside of rec league hockey. Zeus has played great. Love Simmonds. Doughty is better than Jack Johnson. 78 games to go.
Yes, I said that there was plenty of time. It turns out that O'Sullivan's agent is a bigger numbskull than some that frequent these parts, so it took him a while to figure out that his client was going to be signing a 3 year deal minimum if he was going to play NHL hockey this season.

Turns out no harm, no foul.

It looks like this team is coming together, which is a big improvement over last season when we still had too many mercenaries. A lot can happen over the course of the season and it's a young team, but I will say that they will get at least 65 points, which puts them above your 60 point range prediction.

As soon as they get 70 will you go away until next season?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
There are certain people on the board whose words I respect more than others. Guys like Guzmania are one of them. He has been a huge critic on alot the Kings have done, including Lombardi decisions and Labarbara. We hardly ever agree and he can really get under my skin sometimes. He is also one to admit when Lombardi does positive things and Labarbara has good nights. He doesnt put on his "hata-glasses" and not admit when things went good. Making himself look like a jackass shouting to the world how crappy the goaltending was when it was a quality perfroamnce. That is why I respect and enjoy reading Guzmania's posts... no matter how much they piss me off sometimes.
"Hata?"

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Try not to do the strawman thing. It's a weak form of advocacy. Nowhere in my post do I give Dean credit for the victories.
You did not....but the post that you were indirectly defending did.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I also never said that they were going to finish in the 60 point range this season. I know how painful it must be for you to give a little credit where credit is due and admit that the GM knows more about building a team than some of you.
If you did not agree with what KINGS17 was saying then why were you trying to justify it?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

I'm pullin for quincy to make the kings top 6. I was sorry to see him leave the Wings but there was just no space left for him

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
I'm pullin for quincy to make the kings top 6. I was sorry to see him leave the Wings but there was just no space left for him
Well it was only his first game....He did very well though....but just like I believe that we need to have more than 4 games to evaluate Greene I think we need more than 1 game to evaluate Quincey.

Old
10-19-2008, 01:32 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Yes, I said that there was plenty of time. It turns out that O'Sullivan's agent is a bigger numbskull than some that frequent these parts, so it took him a while to figure out that his client was going to be signing a 3 year deal minimum if he was going to play NHL hockey this season.

Turns out no harm, no foul.

It looks like this team is coming together, which is a big improvement over last season when we still had too many mercenaries. A lot can happen over the course of the season and it's a young team, but I will say that they will get at least 65 points, which puts them above your 60 point range prediction.

As soon as they get 70 will you go away until next season?
Wow, you're really going out on a limb predicting 65 points.

Old
10-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Wow, you're really going out on a limb predicting 65 points.
So the Kings will finish 6 points worse than last year (which would have put them in last place) or better.

KINGS17 believes in this team.

Old
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
So the Kings will finish 6 points worse than last year (which would have put them in last place) or better.

KINGS17 believes in this team.
He really put me in my place with my prediction. Remember he fixated on the "range" term turning a hockey conversation into a boring math lesson. My original prediction was the 60 point range, which I assumed was 60-69. I'm proud to say I don't know anything about point ranges and I was probably asleep when it was taught <mod edit>.

Last edited by TonySCV: 10-19-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: removed personal comments about other posters
Old
10-19-2008, 03:43 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
He really put me in my place with my prediction. Remember he fixated on the "range" term turning a hockey conversation into a boring math lesson. My original prediction was the 60 point range, which I assumed was 60-69. I'm proud to say I don't know anything about point ranges and I was probably asleep when it was taught <mod edit>.

Hell yeah!

Last edited by TonySCV: 10-19-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: quoting of deleted content
ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
He really put me in my place with my prediction. Remember he fixated on the "range" term turning a hockey conversation into a boring math lesson.
It wasn't boring if you're pro-math. I believe that's also when you graced the forum with the term "Lombardistas" which I still enjoy using from time to time.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:27 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
It wasn't boring if you're pro-math. I believe that's also when you graced the forum with the term "Lombardistas" which I still enjoy using from time to time.

- T
Nice edit if it was you...

stole my chance to respond to respond though, being pro math and anti- anti-intellectual .

That whole math exchange was a hilarious departure from hockey talk. Though there certainly seems to be some residual bitterness, as those who defended not caring about it have put the word range in quotes ever since, which I admit, is very amusing as well. Aaahhh, the little things that connect us even in their divisiveness.

Debating terms is one of the best things to debate anyways. Words are everything, so parsing their meanings is an endless source of entertainment and constructive argument.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:34 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

I'm so glad I have Tikkanen on my ignore list.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

How do I get on there?

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:

- T
I can't take credit for that 1.

Old
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Nice edit if it was you...

stole my chance to respond to respond though, being pro math and anti- anti-intellectual .

That whole math exchange was a hilarious departure from hockey talk. Though there certainly seems to be some residual bitterness, as those who defended not caring about it have put the word range in quotes ever since, which I admit, is very amusing as well. Aaahhh, the little things that connect us even in their divisiveness.

Debating terms is one of the best things to debate anyways. Words are everything, so parsing their meanings is an endless source of entertainment and constructive argument.
My point was that if I was wrong in using the term range and then I correct it to just saying 60-69 points that should be OK. It was as though I was not able to correct myself and was stuck with their intrepretation of the word range. Then, Kingster17 comes in and says the Kings will finish with at least 65 points? I think the Kings will finish with at least 60 points, how bout that? That's a huge difference of 2 wins and a tie.

Old
10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
My point was that if I was wrong in using the term range and then I correct it to just saying 60-69 points that should be OK. It was as though I was not able to correct myself and was stuck with their intrepretation of the word range. Then, Kingster17 comes in and says the Kings will finish with at least 65 points? I think the Kings will finish with at least 60 points, how bout that? That's a huge difference of 2 wins and a tie.

It was OK by me. Really that whole thing turned out to be much larger than just a prediction battle between you and Kings17. But since we are back to predictions, what's the most points you think the Kings are capable of this year? It's easy to say atleast 60, but up to what? Forget range or anything. Do you think it's possible they finish with 80+?

I'm gonna say the Kings finish with at least 72 points, and if we are lucky could get up to 88 depending on inj**ies and Labs' level of consistency. Healthy and everything I think this team is definately capable of finishing with 80+ points.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Here you go Tik, the Kings will match or exceed the 71 points that they had last season.

If they don't as soon as it is mathematically impossible for them to reach 71 points, I will stop posting until the beginning of the 2009-2010 season.

When the Kings reach 71 points this season, you will do us all a favor and not post until the beginning of the 2009-2010 season. This will save us all from having to read your crap during the summer.

This is certainly above your 60 point range. Well, does the leader of the Legion of DUH have the courage to man up?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote