HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Old
10-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
I don't care about Pouliot, go and grab Boogaard, our 4th line could be Boogaard - Lapierre - Laraque... offensively challenged, defensive liability... but damn this line would scare the **** out of everybody in the league !

Even Chusck Norris is afraid of the Boogie man

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:48 AM
jamz

chipchura + higgins for mikko?

lines would become:

ak46 - pleks - kovy
tangs - koivu - koivu
sk74 - lang - latendresse
laraque - lapierre - kostopoulos

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Pouliot scored an absolute beauty the other night.

This is BS though. Be careful what you say, Puck Diddy's gonna blog about it.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:16 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

There's that number of scouts at EVERY habs game since years, WHO GIVES A DAMN!

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:31 AM
wedge

I'd keep Chipchura.

wow, this summer, everybody loved Chipchura, saying he was our future captain, an amazing defensive center, etc... now some people want to trade him for Pouliot, who's never done anything?

And some people say Chipchura is a bust like Pouliot? wow!! Pouliot drafted 4th overall and Chipchura 18th overall. same expectations, of course...

Chipchura can play in the NHL right now. We have no room for him. Will have have more room for Pouliot? I don't think so.

I love the team the way it is right now and I wouldn't trade anybody.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:34 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Heres a queston.

Which team adds picks to balance it out or is it fair 1 for 1?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post

lines would become:

ak46 - pleks - kovy
tangs - koivu - koivu
Forget the idea that Minnesota would trade Mikko...won't happen.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Even Chusck Norris is afraid of the Boogie man
Maybe Chuck Norris evil twin is afraid but not Chuck, he know no fear.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
airlouche

Maybe we should take a look at the Wild roster and find what is the possible player to trade for...

Team Statistics
PLAYER GP G A PTS +/- PIM ATOI PPG PPA SHG SHA SOG SPCT
Mikko Koivu, C 4 1 8 9 4 2 21:54 1 4 0 0 12 8.3
Antti Miettinen, RW 4 5 2 7 2 4 20:06 2 1 0 0 12 41.7
Andrew Brunette, LW 4 2 3 5 3 0 18:07 1 1 0 0 5 40.0
Kim Johnsson, D 4 1 2 3 3 0 24:30 0 2 0 0 6 16.7
Eric Belanger, C 4 2 0 2 1 0 17:59 1 0 0 0 9 22.2
Marc-Andre Bergeron, D 4 1 1 2 E 0 18:20 1 1 0 0 11 9.1
Pierre-Marc Bouchard, RW 1 0 2 2 E 0 14:35 0 1 0 0 0 0.0
Benoit Pouliot, LW 4 1 1 2 1 2 11:36 0 0 0 0 3 33.3
Marian Gaborik, RW 2 1 0 1 E 0 21:00 0 0 0 0 6 16.7
Owen Nolan, RW 2 0 1 1 -1 4 9:40 0 0 0 0 4 0.0
Tomas Mojzis, D 2 0 1 1 -1 0 12:41 0 1 0 0 2 0.0
Brent Burns, D 4 0 1 1 -2 6 25:40 0 0 0 0 10 0.0
Derek Boogaard, LW 4 0 1 1 1 9 4:31 0 0 0 0 1 0.0
Colton Gillies, C 4 0 1 1 E 4 9:19 0 1 0 0 3 0.0
Martin Skoula, D 4 0 0 0 -1 2 18:28 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Nick Schultz, D 4 0 0 0 1 0 21:07 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Craig Weller, D 3 0 0 0 1 0 7:26 0 0 0 0 3 0.0
Erik Reitz, D 4 0 0 0 1 2 11:35 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Stephane Veilleux, LW 4 0 0 0 -3 4 18:25 0 0 0 0 8 0.0
James Sheppard, C 4 0 0 0 -4 6 17:38 0 0 0 0 6 0.0
Cal Clutterbuck, RW 2 0 0 0 -1 0 14:44 0 0 0 0 0 0.0
Goalie Statistics
PLAYER GP W L GAA TOI SV SV% SHO TGA TSA PIM ENG
Niklas Backstrom 4 4 0 1.72 244:47 114 .942 1 7 121 0 0

Data provided by Elias Sports Bureau

On my side, I dont see anyone else than Marian Gaborik...

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-21-2008 at 11:48 AM.
airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Ok...

so to get the "needed" depth at center, we'll trade one of ours (Chipchura) for another...

how is it ADDING/GETTING any depth ?
You're adding some depth as far as "potential" offensive player while losing some as far as defensive player. But then it might be easier to get a Chipchura like to play on our 3rd/4th either by trade, UFA or even some of our own prospects coming soon (2 or 3 years) like White, Fortier while offensively you have guys like Maxwell, Lehoux and Trotter. Aside from BenMax, depth is not exactly the greatest.

I'm not saying I would do it, 'cause I actually like Chipchura. Was just reporting the news....But at the same time, I would definately consider it though I have one condition.....he would need to prove that he can be a center again. If he changed position 'cause suddenly they realize that he doesn't have the commitment or the hockey sense to pivot a line, forget him. Especially not for Chip. If he does but he's just behind other centermen in the Wild team, well so be it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
wow and for the first time in HF history I can agree with you, TheDamned.

Last edited by Jee: 10-21-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
The Habs didn't lose one game yet in regular time and we're still trying to find the solution to an inexistant problem; what is wrong with our fan base ? Nevertheless, I don't blame you Whitesnake, thank you for the info !
Words of reason

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
Chipchura was inserted due to the injuries, is it really hard???

Pouliot is a bust, don't want him!
It's pretty hard yeah, 'cause there's things call wingers that could actually do the job of a winger compared to Chip who's a centerman. And it's not like nobody from the farm team deserved it, D'Agostini has a fine start.

As far as Pouliot is a bust.....maybe so.....but I guess you don't believe in late bloomers.....as if there wasn't enough exemples of players that took a little longer to blossom....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-21-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old
10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Pascal

no way Koivu is traded from Minny.. he's their rock on offense for the near future.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
The Habs didn't lose one game yet in regular time and we're still trying to find the solution to an inexistant problem; what is wrong with our fan base ? Nevertheless, I don't blame you Whitesnake, thank you for the info !
I know you don't blame me. Still, I think it's a GM's job in victories like in defeats to try to improve or make moves to your team either for short, middle or long term. Clearly, Pouliot might not be a solution to what we need right now. Lapierre has proved so far he could do a decent job on the 4th. So if he's a centerman, there's no room for him. If they want to use him as a winger, there might be soom room, still it's not exactly a need compared to a#4 d-man for example.

Still, if there's still people in organization that loved him at the draft and still believe they could turn him around, and heard that he could be had for something relatively cheap, why wouldn't they make a deal. Only based on the fact that we had a great start of the season?

So there's nothing wrong with our fan base, just that especially with the tons of UFA's coming as soon as in next July, and with the real possibility to have a lower salary cap, we need to have everything cover.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:15 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarev View Post
I'd keep Chipchura.

wow, this summer, everybody loved Chipchura, saying he was our future captain, an amazing defensive center, etc...

love this board.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I would never understand why people would write in a thread that they don't give a damn.....You won't see me writing in a thread about the lack of mosquitoes in Iceland 'cause I actually REALLY don't give a damn about that.....

Again, was just reporting the news.....Don't think I wrote in my post that THERE'S ACTUALLY SOMETHING GOING ON 'CAUSE THERE ARE SCOUTS IN THE STANDS!!!!

Old
10-21-2008, 08:17 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Pouilot? How about Burns?
That would be just great!

Burns would be a perfect fit for our def.

Might need overpayment tho.

a good puck moving def to complete Markov on PP!

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
habfan4

My guess is that the scouts were looking at the Panthers, specifically Bouwmeester.

I know it's fun to envision grandiose trades involving the Habs but does it really make sense that a GM like Gainey would fix something that isn't broken. The team is rolling along very nicely and we haven't even seen the best line up that the Habs can ice.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would never understand why people would write in a thread that they don't give a damn.....You won't see me writing in a thread about the lack of mosquitoes in Iceland 'cause I actually REALLY don't give a damn about that.....

Again, was just reporting the news.....Don't think I wrote in my post that THERE'S ACTUALLY SOMETHING GOING ON 'CAUSE THERE ARE SCOUTS IN THE STANDS!!!!
Quote:
Seems, from Michel Villeneuve on Radio-Canada (I know it's only Villeneuve...) that 14 scouts were at the game tonight and again 2 scouts from the Wild. He said that after talking to somebody, we might forget about Gaborik and think that it could be another type of trade involving Benoit Pouliot, the guy that the Habs were really interested in in 2005 but went before our turn (thank god some people would say....).

Could it be the reason why Chipchura was inserted in the lineup tonight? I would be tempted to listen to since we are still looking for more depth at the center position though.....Pouliot has been transfered to the wing now. Could he go back to the center position? Should we be interested in him even though he would be a winger? Or is this guy looking more and more like Éric Chouinard?

Sorry, but you actually insinuated something might be up because there were scouts in the stands and Chip was in the line up. Btw, Eric Chouinard was suppose to be an Offensive player and he was a bust. Chipchura plays an entirely different game, he is being groomed as a third liner who plays a sound defensive game.

Last edited by Arctic_Hab_Fan: 10-21-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Why??? We have no holes, theres nothing wrong with Chipchura, he hasn't had much time considering hes spent the majority of his career in Hamilton. Pouliot would go where exactly? This is such a waste of time.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarev View Post
I'd keep Chipchura.

wow, this summer, everybody loved Chipchura, saying he was our future captain, an amazing defensive center, etc... now some people want to trade him for Pouliot, who's never done anything?

And some people say Chipchura is a bust like Pouliot? wow!! Pouliot drafted 4th overall and Chipchura 18th overall. same expectations, of course...

Chipchura can play in the NHL right now. We have no room for him. Will have have more room for Pouliot? I don't think so.

I love the team the way it is right now and I wouldn't trade anybody.
Chipchura, future captain? I thought Komisarek was said to be the guy. As far as "amazing" defensive center, and again, I like Chip, let's calm down a bit here. I obviously think he has way more hockey sense than Lapierre could ever dream. But with the philosophy of having 3 offensive lines leaving only the 4th for a guy like him, it's possible that he doesn't have the same importance than teams who might viewed him as possible 3rd liner in their team.

As far as who's a bust and who's not, of course nobody had the same expectation especially since 2005 ended up a much better draft than 2004. Still, would it be the first time that a change of scenery are great for players? Why would you call a player a bust when they actually just started to have their chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Sorry, but you actually insinuated something might be up because there were scouts in the stands and Chip was in the line up. Btw, Eric Chouinard was suppose to be an Offensive player and he was a bust. Chipchura plays an entirely different game, he is being groomed as a third liner who plays a sound defensive game.
For the Wild? Sure, since that's the rumor in the air. But the other scouts present for the other teams, I was just giving the info. Title of thread is about the Wild right not about all the other teams wanting Chipchura but that IF Pouliot was available, and since there were 2 scouts from the Wild, maybe it meant something.

As far as Chouinard, I know who he is thank you. I was merely using that rumor to start a discussion about Pouliot, and the risk that we would take acquiring him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Why??? We have no holes, theres nothing wrong with Chipchura, he hasn't had much time considering hes spent the majority of his career in Hamilton. Pouliot would go where exactly? This is such a waste of time.
There's something called short term and yet there's other years after this one, it's not the 100th and last season, Gainey still has to manage for after this year. Is there anything wrong with Higgins? Why would people want him gone? 'Cause of Gaborik the guy who's injury prone? Are you telling me that a Pouliot rumor is such as waste of time but a Gaborik rumor who's making us 3-4 millions passed the salary cap isn't?

If our philosophy is to have 3 offensive lines and IF (a big IF) the org. think that Pouliot while a little bit behind could end up being just that, why couldn't it be something to do? Where does Chipchura fits next year? Is he suddenly going to be an offensive threat like Lang making him play on the 3rd? Is Lapierre finally moving to the wings to let Chip play on the 4th? Is the org. suddenly discovering that Chip could end up a winger after all? Are we going back to 2 defensive lines last year to make room for Chip? Would Pouliot be doing a better job in the 3rd next year? I don't the definitive answers to all of that.....but if or any other person do, well just don't respond to this.

Still, as far as waste of time, can't believe that this thread amongst the worst when we've been REALLY wasting our time discussing about Lecavalier, Hossa, Sundin and now the guy that CANNOT be fit into a salary cap.....

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-21-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old
10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post

lines would become:

ak46 - pleks - kovy
tangs - koivu - koivu
i DON'T GET THIS ONE

wE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THAT KOIVU LINE. GOOD CHEMESTRY, WELL BALANCE. WELL AT LEAST GIVE THEM MORE TIME.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:22 AM
couz

The weakness I see on our team at the moment is a good Dman.

OB and Breezer have had ups and downs since the beginning, we can't expect to rely on either one to be consistent through a playoff run.

Gainey needs to get another dman and I'm betting that's his focus.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
The weakness I see on our team at the moment is a good Dman.

OB and Breezer have had ups and downs since the beginning, we can't expect to rely on either one to be consistent through a playoff run.

Gainey needs to get another dman and I'm betting that's his focus.
I agree, defence is the weak leak on this team...don't forget our 6 million dollar a year (supposively) has made some very bad pinches and bad clearing attempts this young season.

Quote:
There's something called short term and yet there's other years after this one, it's not the 100th and last season, Gainey still has to manage for after this year. Is there anything wrong with Higgins? Why would people want him gone? 'Cause of Gaborik the guy who's injury prone? Are you telling me that a Pouliot rumor is such as waste of time but a Gaborik rumor who's making us 3-4 millions passed the salary cap isn't?

If our philosophy is to have 3 offensive lines and IF (a big IF) the org. think that Pouliot while a little bit behind could end up being just that, why couldn't it be something to do? Where does Chipchura fits next year? Is he suddenly going to be an offensive threat like Lang making him play on the 3rd? Is Lapierre finally moving to the wings to let Chip play on the 4th? Is the org. suddenly discovering that Chip could end up a winger after all? Are we going back to 2 defensive lines last year to make room for Chip? Would Pouliot be doing a better job in the 3rd next year? I don't the definitive answers to all of that.....but if or any other person do, well just don't respond to this.

Still, as far as waste of time, can't believe that this thread amongst the worst when we've been REALLY wasting our time discussing about Lecavalier, Hossa, Sundin and now the guy that CANNOT be fit into a salary cap.....
If three offensive lines continue to be the buzzword next season, don't forget the organization has Ben Maxwell in the fold.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-21-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote