HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Old
10-21-2008, 09:38 AM
couz

vCash: 500
The dman in question doesnt need to be this high caliber guy where we have to sacrifice a roster guy.

I'd be looking at a #4 guy, better than Gorges but maybe a little under Hammer.

A guy like Staois,D.Morris,Mckee.

Guys we can get giving up a prospect and pick...so we don't hurt our depth up front

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
The dman in question doesnt need to be this high caliber guy where we have to sacrifice a roster guy.

I'd be looking at a #4 guy, better than Gorges but maybe a little under Hammer.

A guy like Staois,D.Morris,Mckee.

Guys we can get giving up a prospect and pick...so we don't hurt our depth up front
And who do you sit?

we need to give up a roster player if we get one, we already struggle to put down our roster to 23

if, and only if we get a 4th def, its going to be in return of either one of O'byrne, Gorges or bouillon + pick+ prospect, That is why I could see us fetch more of a Burns type of player then a Staios.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
Interesting to say the least; Pouliot's a really good player, and I'd love to see him with the Canadiens.

Though, I'd imagine Chipchura might've been inserted due to the number of injuries of our forwards. Some might say it could have been a guise (if you will), but there was no reason to play Bouillon at forward for half the game if one of the forwards was ready to go. Could've just scratched Brisebois and played Dandenault to ease Bouillon back into place.
Pouliot is a really good player where? Definitely not the NHL. Don't want him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
couz

Burns ???

He's gonna cost an arm and a leg and I'b be quite sure he's not available...this guy is gonna play for Team Canada at the Olympics.

Personally, I'd hate to mess with our forwards, our strength is the fact we can throw three solid lines, so we need Higgins.

The trade bait I'd use to get this Dman is our young D guys, I include OB in that along with Weber,Valentenko,Carle....also Chips or Halak.

Those are the assets I'd deal to get the Dman and I think if you go after a non playoff team to get the guy those are good assets to deal with.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
And who do you sit?

we need to give up a roster player if we get one, we already struggle to put down our roster to 23

if, and only if we get a 4th def, its going to be in return of either one of O'byrne, Gorges or bouillon + pick+ prospect, That is why I could see us fetch more of a Burns type of player then a Staios.
Burns isn't going anywhere.

We need another skilled guy that moves the puck well and who is a rental. Sort of like this year's Campbell. You keep either Gorges or Bouillon with O'byrne on your 3rd pair. Depending on if you play a fast team or a banging team you can alternate the new guy and O'b with Hamrlik.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
JoeLH

It's ridiculous to see that Kopitar didn't go 2nd behind Crosby in that Crosby-Pouliot-Draft. It's a shame for every scouting department from the #2 to #10 overall pick. Anze already was that good in Europe, it was like sleeping that all others did untill LA at #11 ...

JoeLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH View Post
It's ridiculous to see that Kopitar didn't go 2nd behind Crosby in that Crosby-Pouliot-Draft. It's a shame for every scouting department from the #2 to #10 overall pick. Anze already was that good in Europe, it was like sleeping that all others did untill LA at #11 ...
I think we did ok with Price.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:
I'm fine with Price. Thank you.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Pascal

Quote:
At the time i was really pissed but we did do pretty fine with Mr. Price.

amazing he didn't get picked up before he did tho.. I saw him as the next Sundin.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Well Price is turning alright...I'm not sure we made a mistake. But I agree that a few teams will regret.

As for the rumour, I actually think it makes sense. Koivu and Lang might not be back next year, and I'm not sure Maxwell will be ready for second line action. Maybe we are trying to find an offensive player to center our second line as soon as next year. Also, we are building an offensive team. Chipchura is good, and I really like him, but if management is still high on Pouliot, it might be logic. We should trust them...they proved they know that they are doing...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Lone Rogue

Hey everybody.

The Habs just beat the Panthers without even trying.

We still haven't been beaten in regulation.

Lets go on a trading frenzy!

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Domenic

Could the Habs be interested in one of the Wild's FA defencemen?

Martin Skoula? M.-A. Bergeron? Kurtis Foster? Marek Zidlicky (UFA after 09-10)?

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Hey everybody.

The Habs just beat the Panthers without even trying.

We still haven't been beaten in regulation.

Lets go on a trading frenzy!
yeah, lets not improve our team. were on track to win 60 + games. :sarcasm

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
yeah, lets not improve our team. were on track to win 60 + games. :sarcasm
Why improve the team right now? We win games without even trying.

If we put in a 100% effort and lose, then I'll look around for making trades and tweaking the team.

Did you even watch the game? Montreal worked hard to get a one goal lead, sat on it, let in a goal, then worked hard to get the lead again, sat on it, then put in an empty netter. We didn't even try. Major league versus minor league. People are way too obsessed with hockey videogames and trading all of the time.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:

If we put in a 100% effort and lose, then I'll look around for making trades and tweaking the team.

Did you even watch the game? Montreal worked hard to get a one goal lead, sat on it, let in a goal, then worked hard to get the lead again, sat on it, then put in an empty netter. We didn't even try. Major league versus minor league. People are way too obsessed with hockey videogames and trading all of the time.
hum yeah, I watched the game. like the 200 previous. i just say that a dg always tries to see 2 or 3 turns in advance, and with so many ufa at the end of the year, it is obvious that gainey is probably shopping around

Old
10-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:

Again...this is clearly not necessarily a trade made to improve our team since, by the way, Chipchura isn't really part of the team and we'll see about that when all the injured players come back......And since this is board that we can talk about anything, and it's Habs related, I really don't know why we couldn't talk about a rumor about a minor deal compared to a rumor about a major deal that will not happen. But by your logic and even if it was possible, I guess that you wouldn't want Gaborik either since we're winning without trying? Isn't it possible that we're also winning 'cause 3 of our 5 opponents are not playoffs material while the only 2 that are, we had to go to extra time with them?

I just hope that Gainey listens to everything that GM's are throwiing at him even though we're winning....

And for the record, nobody wants to trade anybody. We could stick with that team till the end if it was for me. Except for the ones who want an injury prone Gaborik and get rid of significant assets like Higgins and Halak, those posters are the ones you should talk to....that would be more significative than a Pouliot for Chipchura type of trade....

Quote:
Not true. He was good but there was questions marks as far as the level of competitiveness he was playing against.

And I think that we have to thank the teams that chose 2, 3 and 4 'cause if Kopitar goes there, chances are we end up with Pouliot and not with Price....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-21-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And for the record, nobody wants to trade anybody.
There is a huge number of Hab fans here who want a #4 Defenceman. Yeah, there are people who want a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
that would be more significative than a Pouliot for Chipchura type of trade....
It's underestimating what Chipchura brings to the game. I don't care if Chip is 26 before we finally get him on the team, when we do, he'll be there for good. Call me crazy, but there are a good 5 forwards on this team I'd lose before Chip.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:23 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
There is a huge number of Hab fans here who want a #4 Defenceman. Yeah, there are people who want a trade.

It's underestimating what Chipchura brings to the game. I don't care if Chip is 26 before we finally get him on the team, when we do, he'll be there for good. Call me crazy, but there are a good 5 forwards on this team I'd lose before Chip.
crazy.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
Maybe we should take a look at the Wild roster and find what is the possible player to trade for...

Team Statistics
PLAYER GP G A PTS +/- PIM ATOI PPG PPA SHG SHA SOG SPCT
Mikko Koivu, C 4 1 8 9 4 2 21:54 1 4 0 0 12 8.3
Antti Miettinen, RW 4 5 2 7 2 4 20:06 2 1 0 0 12 41.7
Andrew Brunette, LW 4 2 3 5 3 0 18:07 1 1 0 0 5 40.0
Kim Johnsson, D 4 1 2 3 3 0 24:30 0 2 0 0 6 16.7
Eric Belanger, C 4 2 0 2 1 0 17:59 1 0 0 0 9 22.2
Marc-Andre Bergeron, D 4 1 1 2 E 0 18:20 1 1 0 0 11 9.1
Pierre-Marc Bouchard, RW 1 0 2 2 E 0 14:35 0 1 0 0 0 0.0
Benoit Pouliot, LW 4 1 1 2 1 2 11:36 0 0 0 0 3 33.3
Marian Gaborik, RW 2 1 0 1 E 0 21:00 0 0 0 0 6 16.7
Owen Nolan, RW 2 0 1 1 -1 4 9:40 0 0 0 0 4 0.0
Tomas Mojzis, D 2 0 1 1 -1 0 12:41 0 1 0 0 2 0.0
Brent Burns, D 4 0 1 1 -2 6 25:40 0 0 0 0 10 0.0
Derek Boogaard, LW 4 0 1 1 1 9 4:31 0 0 0 0 1 0.0
Colton Gillies, C 4 0 1 1 E 4 9:19 0 1 0 0 3 0.0
Martin Skoula, D 4 0 0 0 -1 2 18:28 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Nick Schultz, D 4 0 0 0 1 0 21:07 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Craig Weller, D 3 0 0 0 1 0 7:26 0 0 0 0 3 0.0
Erik Reitz, D 4 0 0 0 1 2 11:35 0 0 0 0 2 0.0
Stephane Veilleux, LW 4 0 0 0 -3 4 18:25 0 0 0 0 8 0.0
James Sheppard, C 4 0 0 0 -4 6 17:38 0 0 0 0 6 0.0
Cal Clutterbuck, RW 2 0 0 0 -1 0 14:44 0 0 0 0 0 0.0
Goalie Statistics
PLAYER GP W L GAA TOI SV SV% SHO TGA TSA PIM ENG
Niklas Backstrom 4 4 0 1.72 244:47 114 .942 1 7 121 0 0

Data provided by Elias Sports Bureau
Brent Burns, please !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

True as far as #4 d-man, missed that one. Though frankly, I would have to agree but I don't necessarily throw the towel on O'Byrne. That would be way too soon and something we could again regret.

As far as Chipchura is concerned, well I'm not part of those who don't like him. I'm actually a fan. Still if he improves his offensive skills, so be it, make him a 3rd liner for life, I wouldn't hate that. But as much as we could all think his ceiling could be, he's obviously not in the same league as any top 6 that could leave or come here. As far as forwards we could lose before him, well I do have at least 2....but good might be too strong of a word....

Old
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I think nobody mentioned this, but what about Fischer for Pouliot?

We already have a strong offensive D right side with Subban and Webber coming up, along with Carle, and we already have Komi and OB as defensive RH Dmen.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:56 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I think nobody mentioned this, but what about Fischer for Pouliot?

We already have a strong offensive D right side with Subban and Webber coming up, along with Carle, and we already have Komi and OB as defensive RH Dmen.
Why Pouliot ?

Paccioretty is already superior to him ?

Fischer for Pouliot ? It's like trading 4 quarters for a dollar. Two underachievers. Another " Locke for Belle" type of trade ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:

I didn't know you guys played last night, the team not you or I!

If turn overs from the D corps don't scare ya oh well...

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Fischer for Pouliot ? It's like trading 4 quarters for a dollar. Two underachievers. Another " Locke for Belle" type of trade ?
Well the Locke for Belle trade was done right? As far as trading 4 quarters for a dollar....well not really. You might be tempted to trade a d-man since you have plenty of those for the type of forwards you might not have enough of....And as far as calling Fischer an underachiever....can we just wait a bit please....

Old
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Why Pouliot ?

Paccioretty is already superior to him ?

Well for one, pay attention, that's the rumor, Pouliot.

Two, Fischer underachiever? Typical premature conclusion from you. Last year was hsi first at the U, and he started the year by getting his tensils removed and lost a lot of weight.

And Locke for Belle, was a 3rd/4th rounder for a late 1st rounder who had both a few years more than Fischer and Pouliot, who were both first rounders who are very young.

This move would have much more importance than Locke for Belle. We would give some depth we have in surplus on young Ds and add some depth at center, which we are soroly lacking, especially on the offensive side of things.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-21-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote