HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura Sent Back to Hamilton

Old
10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
HotPie

vCash: 500
Chipchura Sent Back to Hamilton

http://habsinsideout.com/

Ugh.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Maybe we'll have a full team Saturday.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Lone Rogue

Everyone knows what he can do, and as much as I'd have no problem seeing it, you can't punish Lapierre to the AHL for making one dumbheaded play.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:15 AM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Everyone knows what he can do, and as much as I'd have no problem seeing it, you can't punish Lapierre to the AHL for making one dumbheaded play.
No, but you COULD waive Dandenault.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
So lame.. Chipchura belongs in the NHL.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Sat Oct 25 is out next game bodies should be healed by then = Chips back to Ham until we have more injuries (or trade)

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You can't send Lapierre down without clearing waivers either....

And you send Chips down today to save capspace.... cap is calculated daily.

Sounds like we'll have a full team on Saturday.

Begin should be fine....

Higgins, Laraque, Andrei, could/should all be back; i'd think 2 of the 3 for sure.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Habs have a few days off, I'd rather see Chipchura playing than sitting.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
No, but you COULD waive Dandenault.
You don't have to tell me twice.

Chipchura should tell Don Lever to teach him how to play defence. That way, Carbo would have to choose between Chipper and Dandy for a versatile forward/D-man

Old
10-21-2008, 11:25 AM
frederixx

we don't play until saturday, they want him to play as much as possible... it has nothing to do with how he played yesterday.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I feel a lot better about his future after seeing him last night that I did with his play in preseason. He's better off playing 20 min there than in the press box here, at this time next year(maybe sooner) at least 2 of Begin Dandenault and Kostopoulos will be gone and Chips should be a regular. One thing I found instriguing is how well he played on the wing. I always saw him as a Holik/Gaustad type checking center who could get you 25-40 points a year. He seemed a lot more natural on the wing last night, reading the play and cutting passes, strong along the boards and making heads up passes.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So lame.. Chipchura belongs in the NHL.
I know, still we're not the only ones. Detroit had the audacity to send Darrem Helm back in the minors. If he could, I guess Chip could as well. But something will need to be done if not this year, next year at the latest. If you can't, give the kid a chance somewhere else, unfortunately for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I feel a lot better about his future after seeing him last night that I did with his play in preseason. He's better off playing 20 min there than in the press box here, at this time next year(maybe sooner) at least 2 of Begin Dandenault and Kostopoulos will be gone and Chips should be a regular. One thing I found instriguing is how well he played on the wing. I always saw him as a Holik/Gaustad type checking center who could get you 25-40 points a year. He seemed a lot more natural on the wing last night, reading the play and cutting passes, strong along the boards and making heads up passes.
Good point about the winger position. I kept saying how clearly there might never be any room for him at the center position, well if he can play the wings, that changes everything.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-21-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I was at the game last night and was quite impressed by the little things Chips does well. He is actually already one of our top players protecting the puck in his own zone and getting it out of harm's way.

I know his foot speed isn't great but he will help this team as soon as he gets on it permanently. However, he will have to be patient until that today comes. In the meantime, Dandenault provides depth at two position, Begin is a warrior who doesn't deserve to be waived, Kosto costs no more than Chips and bleeds for the team, and Laraque's role is not something Chips can fill.

As for Lapierre, I want him on this club. Just the play he made last night killing the penalty in the first period was something probably no one else on the team could make, not even Plekanec. What explosive speed!

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Gaborik!!

Canadian_Brewtality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Next Best Thing*

Guys, I don't see what the problem is?

Chipchura was called up because on an emergency. That doesn't mean ha made the team or anything, what id does prove though is that he's the #1 guy if we need a forward on our bottom two lines which is great. Managment didn't lose confidence in the guy even though he's not with the team so chill out. And plus he gets to play during these 4 days of rest otherwise.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know, still we're not the only ones. Detroit had the audacity to send Darrem Helm back in the minors. If he could, I guess Chip could as well. But something will need to be done if not this year, next year at the latest. If you can't, give the kid a chance somewhere else, unfortunately for us.
Chipchura will be a full time member of the Habs before the season ends...not worried about that

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Chipchura will be a full time member of the Habs before the season ends...not worried about that
I unfortunately don't see this. The lovefest for Dandenault, the supposed 14th forward, is so great that I don't see how a Chipchura could end up being top 12. Unless a big trade is coming.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Good point about the winger position. I kept saying how clearly there might never be any room for him at the center position, well if he can play the wings, that changes everything.
He is not great at face offs. Maybe his future is on LW.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
we don't play until saturday, they want him to play as much as possible... it has nothing to do with how he played yesterday.
This.

Anyway this is not a Habs-exclusive problem and no we're not horribly mistreating Chipchura, before people start up with the "he should be traded to an organization that deserves him" crap. Like Whitesnake alluded to, Detroit have Darren Helm and Ville Leino playing in the minors. Anaheim has Bobby Ryan in the minors. Chicago has Cam Barker in the minors. And I would posit that all four of those guys are better than Chipchura (and I like him).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lone Rogue

Quote:
But something will need to be done if not this year, next year at the latest. If you can't, give the kid a chance somewhere else, unfortunately for us.
7 forward Free Agents next season, 4 RFA's. Yeah, he'll get a shot.

We'll have around $26M to spend on our free agents, as well as giving new contracts to our RFA's. We won't have the money to be giving Dandenault and Begin contracts, for starters.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One thing about Dandenault, by waiving him you are essentially taking on his entire salary for the year. He probably goes down then gets called up possibly being claimed. When he gets claimed, you are stuck with 50% of his cap hit and can't get rid of it. This way if he plays well early on, maybe a team has a few injuries and needs a veteran forward/d-man and offers a mid round pick, that's 2 mil off the cap that can be used at midseason.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
x-bob

I think its a good move. No matter how much i lik Chipchura, he doesn`t have a spot on this team this season (except if he turns into a phenominal payer, which he hasn't just yet).

Lapierre wont be sent down because he has tobe waived (and he will get picked up)
Dandenault wont be waived because depth is important and he hasn`t been all that bad at the moment. Same for Begin.

There is no use in trowing away a player just to put Chipchura in when we can just as easily give Chipchura more playing time in Hamilton, and keep the dept and chemistry in our team.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I unfortunately don't see this. The lovefest for Dandenault, the supposed 14th forward, is so great that I don't see how a Chipchura could end up being top 12. Unless a big trade is coming.....
With all the pending free agents, eventually, Gainey is going to have to give playing time to some guys on Hamilton to see if they'll be ready for an expanded role next year, Chipchura especially.

We may not be fans of guys like Dandy/Bégin, but the organization obviously is and in some way, I understand it.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:47 AM
habfan4

The Dogs are playing the Marlies tomorrow so why not send him down, if it turns out that Begin, Higgins, Laraque & AK can't play on Sat then call him back up.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
right on.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote