HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #9 - 10.20.08 | Dallas Stars @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2008, 11:28 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
We wasted money on Naslund, whose more finished then Shanahan. Shanny still has 20 or so goals in him.

Nazzy seems like he's done. What a waste of money. Don't even tell me "oh he scored" for christ sakes you couldn't have been spoon fed any more then that goal last night

This team is one sniper away from making the play-offs. That's the first step. Can that 1 sniper be shannahan? Cause its certainly not going to be Naslund.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah all those good passes he was making to his lesser talented wingers who couldnt bury it were all his fault.
he is getting the puck on his stick in the off zone? seems they are in their own zone a lot

Old
10-21-2008, 11:31 AM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
We wasted money on Naslund, whose more finished then Shanahan. Shanny still has 20 or so goals in him.

Nazzy seems like he's done. What a waste of money. Don't even tell me "oh he scored" for christ sakes you couldn't have been spoon fed any more then that goal last night

This team is one sniper away from making the play-offs. That's the first step. Can that 1 sniper be shannahan? Cause its certainly not going to be Naslund.
Shanny ain't the answer either. This team will make the playoffs as it remains right now, but it'll get pummelled. This team is one sniper away from going very deep into the playoffs.

Who that sniper is..I don't know. The cap seems to be a real issue, otherwise I'm sure you'd have Sundin over here centering a formidable first line with Drury and Nas.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I have a thought, put the line of Naslund-Gomez-Drury back together, only reason I say this is they looked great at the end of preseason and the first couple games against Tampa, and they only slowed down when they first came back in the states i think because Gomez was just a little under the weather, he's really been flying the past couple games, I'd like to see that line have another chance together.

On the shanny front, I like the guy a lot and he shows heart for this team by sticking around and waiting for a contract to play with NYR, I would like to see the rangers sign him and put him on a third line with cally and korpedo? maybe, I think he'd be a great sniper.

That's just my thinking

Old
10-21-2008, 11:46 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
The Rangers lost to the Trap last night, not to the Stars.

Simple hockey, the Stars were hanging 5 back all through the 2nd and 3rd, all the Rangers had to do is skate it around the trap and dump it in.

Did anyone else notice that Gomez was the only one that was succesful at that? Because he skated around people, not trying to pass through them?

Pissed at Renney for that. Otherwise, Hank played a great game.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Unpredictable1

Despite what the players will tell you and what some folks on here say, the schedule finally caught up to them. They'll be much better come Friday with these days off except for team skates.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
They lost the second half of the game to the trap.

They lost the first half of the game to their inability to hit the net with their shots.

TheSchwab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They lost the second half of the game to the trap.

They lost the first half of the game to their inability to hit the net with their shots.
Agreed.

Old
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Simple hockey, the Stars were hanging 5 back all through the 2nd and 3rd, all the Rangers had to do is skate it around the trap and dump it in.

Did anyone else notice that Gomez was the only one that was succesful at that? Because he skated around people, not trying to pass through them?

Pissed at Renney for that. Otherwise, Hank played a great game.
Why was that Renney's fault, shouldnt it be the players who were trying to be too cute with the puck ?

Old
10-21-2008, 11:51 AM
TheSchwab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Why was that Renney's fault, shouldnt it be the players who were trying to be too cute with the puck ?
Not once in the 3rd period besides Gomez did I see someone try to calm the puck down in our zone and attempt to skate it up or make a sensible pass.

What happend to puck possesion and skating it in that I've come to know my Rangers by?

I'm pissed at Renney because we just kept throwing it up the boards and Dallas just threw it back down our throats all game until Modano got a lucky bounce for the goal.

They didn't win, we lost it.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Clarkson is just as much an NHL player as Valiquette is an NHL goalie. They both belong in the league.

It's just an insult Avery uses often.
Uh, hehe, I think I know that it's an insult Avery uses often...

Clarkson is NOT an NHL player.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Uh, hehe, I think I know that it's an insult Avery uses often...

Clarkson is NOT an NHL player.
then i guess your entire 4th line, and part of your 3rd are not nhlers right?

Old
10-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
then i guess your entire 4th line, and part of your 3rd are not nhlers right?
....No.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
....No.
well if clarkson is not an NHLer then in no way shape or form are voros, sjostrom, orr, betts, or risllemiller NHLers, or for that matter petr prucha

Old
10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
well if clarkson is not an NHLer then in no way shape or form are voros, sjostrom, orr, betts, or risllemiller NHLers, or for that matter petr prucha
Relax. We're talking about Avery's standard insult. This is not aboutn Clarkson. This is about what Avery said about Clarkson.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
petr prucha has 59 goals and over 100 points in his career

RANGERS =
Old
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Bury Your Head

Too bad we won't see Avery again this year. BUT we do get to see Toots this Friday.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Relax. We're talking about Avery's standard insult. This is not aboutn Clarkson. This is about what Avery said about Clarkson.
oh i know and i found it funny when avery said it to clarkson and pathetic when he said it to vally. you would think he would find some new material. obviously neither of them are minor leaguers but someone suggested that clarkson really was an minor leaguer and he obviously is not

Old
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Not once in the 3rd period besides Gomez did I see someone try to calm the puck down in our zone and attempt to skate it up or make a sensible pass.

What happend to puck possesion and skating it in that I've come to know my Rangers by?

I'm pissed at Renney because we just kept throwing it up the boards and Dallas just threw it back down our throats all game until Modano got a lucky bounce for the goal.

They didn't win, we lost it.
Again, thats the players doing that not Renney. I guess you didnt hear Renneys postgame comments cause he said his team played poorly and tried to be too fancy instead of dumping the puck and grinding it out.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
petr prucha has 59 goals and over 100 points in his career
thats one way of trying to circumvent how terrible he was last year

Old
10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
thats one way of trying to circumvent how terrible he was last year
he wasn't given a chance last year...

Old
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Fletch

did someone say the Rangers lost to the trap? They lost to the Stars who happened to score a couple goals against the Rangers and excuted a defensive plan that beat them. The Stars did what they had to do to win a game on the road and got what they wanted - two points.

As for the game...first, there was a poll that asked where the best seats are - I found them - section 49 - row E, between the blue line and red line with a great view everywhere - where the game is fast and Jeremy Piven sat in my row of 8.

As to the game...during the second period I asked someone if they've seen Naslund since he scored, and I wasn't joking. I counted all the players and noted that noone was missing.

Rissmiller seems like a nice guy. Has a big body, sometimes uses it, but what is he really doing out there?

The defense seemed to have a few gaffes - good thing Dallas wasn't able to capitalize.

Chris Drury - is the captaincy weighing on him that much?

Thank God for Dubi - at least he showed a bit out there (oh, and I thought Cally had a nice game).

Still wondering what Orr did to deserve 9 minutes of ice time, and while Freddy skates nicely, you can't have a guy out there for 13 minutes who's not going to get off a shot.

I know this team cannot win them all. But the last few games haven't seemed so great and overall, it hasn't been all that impressive despite the point total (if that makes any sense). Of course, they still do have the points and the ability to make the necessary tweaks to get this offense going, especially at a time when Lundqvist appears to be playing at the top of his game.

Old
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Rissmiller seems like a nice guy. Has a big body, sometimes uses it, but what is he really doing out there?
That nice guy was just waived. I totally agree. Waste of a roster spot.

Old
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
did someone say the Rangers lost to the trap? They lost to the Stars who happened to score a couple goals against the Rangers and excuted a defensive plan that beat them.
...Whats the difference?

Quote:
I know this team cannot win them all. But the last few games haven't seemed so great and overall,
I would say, aside from the first 5 minutes, they played pretty well against Detroit.

Old
10-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Fletch

and if you go back to the win in Philly, aside from about 40 minutes they played well. So in the last few games, it hasn't been all that pretty.

what's the difference between lost to a trap and a team? None, but the implication is there again the the trap is boring, etc., and my point is who cares what the system is that the opposing team played to beat the Rangers - whatever it was beat them. The Rangers can trap with the best of them and try to hold onto one goal leads also. And I think proper English would be they lost to a team, not to a trap (although I pretty much failed English so that may not be correct, but I think you get what I'm trying to say).

Closed Thread