HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Rissmiller Waived Again (Update 12/2)

Old
10-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Wake up call to the Room. Yea he was the odd man out but they still be logjammed

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles lupien View Post
dawes better put some pucks in the net soon. he's not doing much out there. he's like when you're in little league and everyone hit puberty but he's still got bald armpits and he can't keep up with all the other kids who are starting to grow peach-fuzz mustaches.. but his parents paid his fees and the team is stuck with him cos he's a nice kid and gets along with everyone. the other kids invite him to play street-hockey cos he owns a net...but he's just not cutting it on the team. maybe next year...if he hits puberty.

i say we can package him, prucha and one other and hopefully get a strong, goal-scorer...

??????

um..........speachless.

so dawes bloes. prucha cant even keep a spot on our 3rd line. and we should expect them and 1 other throwaway will get us a "strong goal scorer".

i thinking gramps is coming back to play on the 3rd line. prucha will be moved. that will total 2.6 mil free space to sign gramps for this season.

problem is, we still have a logjam at forward. dawes and fritsche both need to play. add shany to the mix and we have this

naslund gomez drury
voros dubi zherdev
voros korpedo cally shany fritsche
sjo betts orr

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 10-21-2008 at 01:28 PM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Wasnt Eminger Maloneys guest on the Radio last night between periods?

Maybe Donnie throws Slats a cap related bone

Old
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
??????

um..........speachless.

so dawes bloes. prucha cant even keep a spot on out 3rd line. and we should expect them and 1 other throwaway will get us a "strong goal scorer".
If his name is Brendan Shanahan yea

Old
10-21-2008, 01:19 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Not saying this is what they SHOULD do, but this is what I think they WILL do...

This move will be very closely followed by:

(1) Prucha gone, and then
(2) Shanny back.
Shanny will be back because Slats will keep his word, not because the team needs him. Prucha will stay put because Renney likes him, not because the team needs him. Fritsche be gone? May be... Trade Dawes for 3rd rounder!

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Uh, oh...

1.2 free now...

Shanny?

Please... no.
I still doubt it...........all this did was clear some salary and a forward spot for a 7th Dman

Now Prucha being dealt is realistic.............in due time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

So what do you think of Renny showcasing Rissmiller on the top line, at the expense of a possible win?

Worth it if they were asked to do so and he gets picked up right away?

Old
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Shanny will be back because Slats will keep his word, not because the team needs him. Prucha will stay put because Renney likes him, not because the team needs him. Fritsche be gone? May be... Trade Dawes for 3rd rounder!
Listen Dawes and Fritsche are young and not going freaking anywhere

Prucha will be gone by the deadline for sure..............benches 6 of 7 and only reason he played in Prague is because of his nationality

He will be the next to go. Then we can all chill cause the forward spots are set and only one forward needs to be even on the roster at a time

1 spare Forward
1 spare D
and plenty of capable Hartford callups

Old
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
So what do you think of Renny showcasing Rissmiller on the top line, at the expense of a possible win?

Worth it if they were asked to do so and he gets picked up right away?
Did he not clear the zone and it led to the Modano goal........sighhhhhhhhh

Old
10-21-2008, 01:25 PM
caldercup0

Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Celebrate good times, come on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

caldercup0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Fletch

The guy never had a chance here...Slats was hedging on this one, but at the same time, I'm not sure what they were expecting of him. Weird signing, weird waive in the beginning of the season.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I can't wait to see eklund in an hour, "Rissmiller waived, something up in Rangerland.....Gaborik?" Then not mention anything after that.

Eklund wont update because he is in hospital, his appendix burst, its on his site that somebody else will keep the Gaborik to LA "rumour" updated.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Kings/1/17412

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:37 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
dawes better put some pucks in the net soon. he's not doing much out there. he's like when you're in little league and everyone hit puberty but he's still got bald armpits and he can't keep up with all the other kids who are starting to grow peach-fuzz mustaches.. but his parents paid his fees and the team is stuck with him cos he's a nice kid and gets along with everyone. the other kids invite him to play street-hockey cos he owns a net...but he's just not cutting it on the team. maybe next year...if he hits puberty.

i say we can package him, prucha and one other and hopefully get a strong, goal-scorer...
What the.....

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

OMGWTF BBQ....

Rismiller was signed as insurance...and the emergence of Korpedo, Cally playing well, and having Prucha, Dawes, and Fritche in the wings....gives us some wiggle room.

Slats is a smart guy, and up to this point, every move he has made has made our team better.

Is the next step to get rid of more cap space to sign Shanny? I for one would love to see Shanny playing with us again.

But with that said let's look at possibilities.

Prucha - big contract , lots of potential, could clear up cap space or get a good solid winger, could also be packaged for a really good winger to play with Dru and Naslund.

Dawes - Bang for the buck, plays a prucha style game, could get some talent for a trade.

Gomez - Is a special player that can only have certain wingers. Last year he got going with Shanny and Avery on his wing. Could a reincarnation of that happen this year? Say Gomer, Shanny and Cally. If not, I would see him packaged with Dawes or Prucha for a legit scoring wing for Drury.

Whatever it is, Sather has something up his sleeve, there are too many possibilities and something definitely has to be done to jumpstart this offense.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
OMGWTF BBQ....

Rismiller was signed as insurance...and the emergence of Korpedo, Cally playing well, and having Prucha, Dawes, and Fritche in the wings....gives us some wiggle room.

Slats is a smart guy, and up to this point, every move he has made has made our team better.

Is the next step to get rid of more cap space to sign Shanny? I for one would love to see Shanny playing with us again.

But with that said let's look at possibilities.

Prucha - big contract , lots of potential, could clear up cap space or get a good solid winger, could also be packaged for a really good winger to play with Dru and Naslund.

Dawes - Bang for the buck, plays a prucha style game, could get some talent for a trade.

Gomez - Is a special player that can only have certain wingers. Last year he got going with Shanny and Avery on his wing. Could a reincarnation of that happen this year? Say Gomer, Shanny and Cally. If not, I would see him packaged with Dawes or Prucha for a legit scoring wing for Drury.

Whatever it is, Sather has something up his sleeve, there are too many possibilities and something definitely has to be done to jumpstart this offense.
or he may have just realized that the rismiller signing was a mistake. hes still has too many bottom 6 forwards. he has work to do yet.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Eklund wont update because he is in hospital, his appendix burst, its on his site that somebody else will keep the Gaborik to LA "rumour" updated.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Kings/1/17412
If LA doesn't have the players to land him, I think Minnesota is going to have to find another league to trade with. Kopitar, Frolov, O'Sullivan, Brown, Doughty, Johnson, Bernier.. none of them make the grade?

Anyway, back on topic. Nothing to see here.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If LA doesn't have the players to land him, I think Minnesota is going to have to find another league to trade with. Kopitar, Frolov, O'Sullivan, Brown, Doughty, Johnson, Bernier.. none of them make the grade?

Anyway, back on topic. Nothing to see here.
thats because none of them are as good as a deal involving Prucha, Korpikoski, Dawes, Cally, Betts, bag of pucks, used jock strap and a 7th round pick.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:08 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:

Mother of god...

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
It's a good move. I just don't think he was going to fit in here. We already have 2 healthy scratches per night, it would be nice to get some stability at least in terms of who plays every night. He never had much of a chance, but he didn't exactly do much to earn a spot either so, eh. Good luck elsewhere.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Guys....Habfan here...

Was he that bad? I know that I kinda liked him in his San Jose days.....but all those posts in that thread makes me think that either I was mistaken him with somebody else or his play regressed by a lot....
He wasn't bad at all, just the odd man out really.

The reason for the fan reaction is basically that Rissmiller isn't a sexy fanfavorite type. But I think he is a very valuble and smart hockeyplayer that can be a important player in the NHL still.

We could definitly have used his defensive abilitys. But other options just made more sense.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
cmb572

good stuff. didnt work out. and i didnt realize it think it was said it was a 3 year deal he signed with us? wtfizzle?

cmb572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:20 PM
RangersAM99

there we go

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I tend to agree.....Prucha out Shanny in

Old
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Ron Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Did he not clear the zone and it led to the Modano goal........sighhhhhhhhh

that would be Naslund. Rissmiller was such a non-factor he didn't even make a mistake. Hopefully Fritche gets a look now

Ron Jovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Ron Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I tend to agree.....Prucha out Shanny in
that would be brutal for #25. Snubbed for Shanny AGAIN. He'd be slitting his wrist in the pressbox. Not likely though. If NY stays above %500, I'm thinking no Shanny. A 5/6 game losing streak could change all that.

Ron Jovi is offline   Reply With Quote