HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10-20-08 Avalanche at Kings 8:30 PM MT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
  #126
josra33
Registered User
 
josra33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I'm a bit tipsy so I"ll only comment on the following

1) Clark for Norris
2) Arnason for Selke
3) Go avs!
A little tipsy? How much have you had?

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
  #127
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
You're right Budaj was better. i also agree he can't keep giving up those lousy goals. That first one made me want to vomit. The second wasn't bad and not really his fault but he probably could have made it. The last one was just a great shot. I'm still not a fan of Budaj but at least he was better than the first three games, and hopefully he can continue to play at the level he played tonight. I really wish he could just stop giving up those bad ones, we were lucky that Labarrbra was just pathetic and we were able to overcome that bad goal.
Thank you, much easier to read.

cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
  #128
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Tough loss for my Kings, but you guys managed to take advantage of 2 huge glaring mistakes and atrocious goaltending. Just to probably re-inforce what you already know, but Stastny is a much better hockey player than the much beloved Anze Kopitar.

It was nice to see Adam Foote not play like a complete ********* like he did in Vegas.

Drew Doughty 4 LIFE!!!

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
  #129
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
Tough loss for my Kings, but you guys managed to take advantage of 2 huge glaring mistakes and atrocious goaltending. Just to probably re-inforce what you already know, but Stastny is a much better hockey player than the much beloved Anze Kopitar.

It was nice to see Adam Foote not play like a complete ********* like he did in Vegas.

Drew Doughty 4 LIFE!!!
you guys got a stud d-man there, trade ya clark and a back rub for him!!!

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:51 AM
  #130
Gumballhead
Registered User
 
Gumballhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,738
vCash: 500
I thought this was a pretty good game for the Avs. Budaj wasn't great, but he was good enough. More problematic for me was seeing how hard a time we have with fast skating teams. This Kings team can move, even on D, and it felt like we were chasing more than we should have had to.

I thought Wolski looked really good on the forecheck, and I even saw Arnason doing some nice backchecking (hell, he should be decent at it with that long-ass stick.) It feels like Granato may have some of our offensive guys working a little harder on the other parts of their game.

And that Ryan Smyth goal was awesome. Prettiest ugly score I've seen in a while.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:21 PM
  #131
Jori
Registered User
 
Jori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 20,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
I thought this was a pretty good game for the Avs. Budaj wasn't great, but he was good enough. More problematic for me was seeing how hard a time we have with fast skating teams. This Kings team can move, even on D, and it felt like we were chasing more than we should have had to.

I thought Wolski looked really good on the forecheck, and I even saw Arnason doing some nice backchecking (hell, he should be decent at it with that long-ass stick.) It feels like Granato may have some of our offensive guys working a little harder on the other parts of their game.

And that Ryan Smyth goal was awesome. Prettiest ugly score I've seen in a while.
Pffffft nothing beats the slowest deke in the world goal by Brunette

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
  #132
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Pffffft nothing beats the slowest deke in the world goal by Brunette
why isnt that one on youtube? i need to make a gif of it!!!

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
  #133
Gumballhead
Registered User
 
Gumballhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Pffffft nothing beats the slowest deke in the world goal by Brunette


Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
why isnt that one on youtube? i need to make a gif of it!!!
It was too long to appear on YouTube and had to be broken into 3 parts.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
  #134
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
gotta give tony g props for putting and than no matter what sticking with the smyth-staz-duke line! A top 5 line in the nhl no doubt! If only dumass Q realized that last yr!

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
  #135
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 6,787
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post




It was too long to appear on YouTube and had to be broken into 3 parts.
Haha.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
  #136
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
It was a nice game.

This has been a very insightful post. Let's win the next one too.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.