HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Old
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
I didn't know you guys played last night, the team not you or I!
My team. Your team. Our team. When you are a true Habs fan, the team becomes your team. If you have such a serious issue about me saying "my" and "we", you're not a true fan of anything let alone the Habs.

Quote:
If turn overs from the D corps don't scare ya oh well...
They don't. Wanna know why? We won. I remember turnovers in '93. I've seen the Habs make turnovers, in the playoffs, with Larry Robinson still on the D, in '86.

I don't expect perfection, especially 6 games into the season. All I expect, is a playoff birth. And judging by our record so far, we're doing a good job with that!

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Habruti!

My guts feeling for why there would be so much scout at the game is that a trade organized arround Bowmester and Gaborki would make a whole lot of sense for both teams (Florida and Minnesota) at least a lot more it would in Mtl.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
ReVeuF

i imagine : Kosty bros, Latendresse bros and Koivu bros

What a family !!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Turn overs and the regularity of them hurts a team in a 7 game series...so hence some of us want better d corps. Winning an ugly game while giving up glorious chances to a 'minor' league team (as you put it) is concerning. BTW, my expectations are much higher than yours...merely making the playoffs won't sit well with this chap. I expect them to seriously contend this season.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-21-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
True as far as #4 d-man, missed that one. Though frankly, I would have to agree but I don't necessarily throw the towel on O'Byrne. That would be way too soon and something we could again regret.

As far as Chipchura is concerned, well I'm not part of those who don't like him. I'm actually a fan. Still if he improves his offensive skills, so be it, make him a 3rd liner for life, I wouldn't hate that. But as much as we could all think his ceiling could be, he's obviously not in the same league as any top 6 that could leave or come here. As far as forwards we could lose before him, well I do have at least 2....but good might be too strong of a word....
While all you're saying might be true.
Pouliot hasn't proven he can be a solid centerman in the NHL yet.
Also, if we get Pouliot, it wouldn't be for this season, unless we'd make him play on the wing.
But we only have Maxwell and Chipper as the future centermen, we're not letting either one go.

We're not going to trade away the few prospects we have at our weakest position. One of our Ds makes more sense.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
JTWymanFan*

Do you think some people only like Pouliot not knowing he is born in Alfred, Ont. ?

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
While all you're saying might be true.
Pouliot hasn't proven he can be a solid centerman in the NHL yet.
Also, if we get Pouliot, it wouldn't be for this season, unless we'd make him play on the wing.
But we only have Maxwell and Chipper as the future centermen, we're not letting either one go.

We're not going to trade away the few prospects we have at our weakest position. One of our Ds makes more sense.
That's why I proposed Fischer. To me he makes the most sense.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Turn overs and the regularity of them hurts a team in a 7 game series...so hence some of us want better d corps. Winning an ugly game while giving up glorious chances to a 'minor' league team (as you put it) is concerning. BTW, my expectations are much higher than yours...merely making the playoffs won't sit well with this chap. I expect them to seriously contend this season.

Nothing is concerning, like I've said before.
Was Detroit concerned last season when they lost to Chicago 6-2? or to Stl..or CLB or EDM...???
Even the Stanley Cup winners last season had some average games, some bad ones and some horrible ones. Were they alarmed?

It's impossible not to have bad games, the positive side is we actually won those bad games, so be happy.
We always somehow manage to pull a W. That's the sign of a solid team with strong depth.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Why not trade Sergei for Pouliot? Chipchura was better tonight..
I reached the headache point.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Do you think some people only like Pouliot not knowing he is born in Alfred, Ont. ?
That's probably why I wanted us to draft Patrik Berglund, Anton Gustafsson, Evgeny Grachev and Artem Anisimov.....probably because they are all from Val D'Or....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Nothing is concerning, like I've said before.
Was Detroit concerned last season when they lost to Chicago 6-2? or to Stl..or CLB or EDM...???
Even the Stanley Cup winners last season had some average games, some bad ones and some horrible ones. Were they alarmed?

It's impossible not to have bad games, the positive side is we actually won those bad games, so be happy.
We always somehow manage to pull a W. That's the sign of a solid team with strong depth.
I ain't arguing with the guy, how am I not happy to win a gaame? It was ugly, bad decisions yet again by the likes of Komisarek (saved by Chip), horrible reverse of the play by one of the d men (think it was Brisebois behind the net)...I ain't worried about one bad game. What worries me is the abundance of bone head plays displayed so far by the defensemen with regularity...this is the teams weakness in my view - Defence, even though the GAA is great but it won't last.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:41 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
I ain't arguing with the guy, how am I not happy to win a gaame? It was ugly, bad decisions yet again by the likes of Komisarek (saved by Chip), horrible reverse of the play by one of the d men (think it was Brisebois behind the net)...I ain't worried about one bad game. What worries me is the abundance of bone head plays displayed so far by the defensemen with regularity...this is the teams weakness in my view - Defence, even though the GAA is great but it won't last.
Last nights game was one of the fastest paced games i have seen in a long time and you know what ? Speed causes mistakes.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Last nights game was one of the fastest paced games i have seen in a long time and you know what ? Speed causes mistakes.
Mistakes are part of the game, especially at high fast NHL tempo.

If not, all the games would finish 0-0 and there would not be more than 20 shots per side.

Does every one wants the Trap ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Cupmonger

Burns sounds nice, but I was thinking more of Marc Andre Bergeron, and no not because he's french canadian.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Burns sounds nice, but I was thinking more of Marc Andre Bergeron, and no not because he's french canadian.
Because he's terrible in his own end and would compliment Brisebois in that regard?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Cupmonger

I just checkced his stats, and appart from his last season which was with NYI (one of the worst teams last season), his stats are ok, and I doubt he comes expensive. Of course I'm only saying his name due to the facts that there are rumors of a trade with minny, and that we happen to be limited on cap space. I don't really see anything bad with him, he had one horrible season with a ****** team, one season with good poinnts but negative differential. I would like Jaybo, but I doubt we can get him without giving up a lot.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
MrNasty

Bergeron really does suck. He is fast but he can't seem to stay with any team. Burns on the other hand would instantly be a fan favorite. The guy is gold. He is a future (not too distant) norris winner.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I just checkced his stats, and appart from his last season which was with NYI (one of the worst teams last season), his stats are ok, and I doubt he comes expensive. Of course I'm only saying his name due to the facts that there are rumors of a trade with minny, and that we happen to be limited on cap space. I don't really see anything bad with him, he had one horrible season with a ****** team, one season with good poinnts but negative differential. I would like Jaybo, but I doubt we can get him without giving up a lot.
Exactly you checked his stats.....

He's terrible defensively... was terrible in Edmonton too.... the stats dont tell the whole story. Seriously this guy is worse than Streit...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Because he's terrible in his own end and would compliment Brisebois in that regard?

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Do you think some people only hate Pouliot not knowing he is born in Alfred, Ont. ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarev View Post
I'd keep Chipchura.

wow, this summer, everybody loved Chipchura, saying he was our future captain, an amazing defensive center, etc... now some people want to trade him for Pouliot, who's never done anything?

And some people say Chipchura is a bust like Pouliot? wow!! Pouliot drafted 4th overall and Chipchura 18th overall. same expectations, of course...

Chipchura can play in the NHL right now. We have no room for him. Will have have more room for Pouliot? I don't think so.

I love the team the way it is right now and I wouldn't trade anybody.
Hey, i hear ya. But....

Erika is not some people. Some people means mostly objective people equaling a few maybe 20 out of 100 or 5 out of 20 or some such thing. Erika is a love that player hate that player kind of fan, doesn't look at the other side of the coin. All the business side of the coin. Chipchura as the Asset is of much much more value than a pouilot asset. Especially when applied to this team. Chipchura as our prospect is of much more value to us than acquiring a pouilot.

Plain and simple.

Last edited by Toro: 10-21-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's pretty hard yeah, 'cause there's things call wingers that could actually do the job of a winger compared to Chip who's a centerman. And it's not like nobody from the farm team deserved it, D'Agostini has a fine start.

As far as Pouliot is a bust.....maybe so.....but I guess you don't believe in late bloomers.....as if there wasn't enough exemples of players that took a little longer to blossom....
Chips was inserted at wing cause carbo trusts him defensively. The team was really shorthanded already and Carbo did not want to insert a guy like D'ago cause carbo had just seen Chips and was comfortable with him for now. Later in the season when were not so shorthanded and a guy like D'ago is earning it in the minors, he will get a chance. But for now(first 15 or so games) i bet Carbo goes directly to Chips if a forward is needed. This way carbo can move guys around the lineup and he inserts chips wherever he needs him. Against the panthers it happened to be winger.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
And who do you sit?

we need to give up a roster player if we get one, we already struggle to put down our roster to 23

if, and only if we get a 4th def, its going to be in return of either one of O'byrne, Gorges or bouillon + pick+ prospect, That is why I could see us fetch more of a Burns type of player then a Staios.
Gorges isn't going anywhere, he's completely capable of playing 4th d-minutes, and was arguably one of our best players in the playoffs.

If any trade is going to happen its going to include 1 roster player that is underachieving but has value, a pick and possibly a prospect. (Roster + pick + prospect)

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Gorges isn't going anywhere, he's completely capable of playing 4th d-minutes, and was arguably one of our best players in the playoffs.

If any trade is going to happen its going to include 1 roster player that is underachieving but has value, a pick and possibly a prospect. (Roster + pick + prospect)
I'm one of the biggest Gorges fans on these boards but if you can get a Brent Burns for Higgins+ Gorges + McD... you have to make that trade.

Minny is saying no though.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Bergeron really does suck. He is fast but he can't seem to stay with any team. Burns on the other hand would instantly be a fan favorite. The guy is gold. He is a future (not too distant) norris winner.

Bergeron has looked good for us the first 4 games. He has a rocket of a shot from what I've seen.

As for Burns, there is no way we trade Burns. He's our #1 Dman and is getting 25 mins a game which I believe leads the team as a 23 year old. He's not even in the prime of his career and has shown an offensive touch from the blueline. It would take alot for us to move him.

NyCoN is offline   Reply With Quote