HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Out of Town thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i despises 3 pts games. It throws off the standings completely. It's a dumb idea to begin with for some games to be worth 3 pts total instead of 2...
At worst, I would have a 3-2-1 system. 3 points for a regular season win, 2 for an OT win and 1 for a shootout win. No points for the loser. But in no way does a shootout win has the same signification than a team's win if the loser gets nothing.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
le_sean

Sloan's hit wasn't a headshot, what game were you guys watching? It was like the Campbell/Umberger hit, completely clean.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I agree with znk. Although maybe 9 minutes is a bit much, why should a guy have to get his clock cleaned for throwing a hit that's perfectly within the rules? Personally I'm happy the refs have something in place to cut down on that crap. I'm all for sticking up for your teammates but you can't go around beating people up and get off scot-free all because your teammate can't keep his head up.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Usually when a guy starts throwing a few punches and the other guy doesn't, he should get a double-minor for roughing. How can you be fighting alone???? How do you get an instigating for a fight that never occurred, 'cause you get a 2 minutes for instigating a fight, but then nobody from the other team received a fighting penalty.... Then if you also want to add another 2 for unsportsmanlike and a 10 minute misconduct, so be it. But that would be either 4 or 6 minutes shorthanded.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
So....for applying the rules correctly he's an idiot and should not work for a month?

So Latendresse nails an opponent and an other player jumps him and starts throwing punches as Lats is on the ice. What call do you expect?
As I said, change the instigator rule & give the guy 5 minutes & a game so the Habs can score a couple of goals. These refs don't seem to have any problem with arbitrarily deciding not to give penalties for wearing a visor, or not giving out an instigator like Mayers on Staal a few games ago.

& just like Whitesnake pointed out, some referees feel the 'correct call' is a double minor for barely getting 2 punches in.

Trust me, you'd be livid if refs*cough*Frazer*cough* called everything by the books against the Habs. That's why the NHL has a system of appointing senior officials to certain games, & taking others out of the playoffs, because they're able to best use their discretion to call a fair game.

According to McKenzie, the ref didn't even fully make the right call anyway because Bourque should have gotten a game misconduct.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 10-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old
10-21-2008, 09:29 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Usually when a guy starts throwing a few punches and the other guy doesn't, he should get a double-minor for roughing. How can you be fighting alone???? How do you get an instigating for a fight that never occurred, 'cause you get a 2 minutes for instigating a fight, but then nobody from the other team received a fighting penalty.... Then if you also want to add another 2 for unsportsmanlike and a 10 minute misconduct, so be it. But that would be either 4 or 6 minutes shorthanded.
Personaly if you throw punches and keep throwing them at a guy who isnt in a position to respond you should get more then if you go in a full on fight with a guy that is responding.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Bourque got

2 for instigating
2 for instigating with a visor (unsportsmanlike)
5 for fighting

Hard to disagree with any of those penalties.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Personaly if you throw punches and keep throwing them at a guy who isnt in a position to respond you should get more then if you go in a full on fight with a guy that is responding.
Which you will be by getting an additionnal 2 and a 10 for unsportsmanlike conduct. The additionnal 2 getting your team on the PK for 6 minutes, and being out of the game for a total of 16 minutes while the other gets 0. To me it's pretty significant.

And then if you really want to be serious about it.....and the beating is that vicious and significant, suspend his ass for 1 or 2 games....

Old
Artyukhin*

Caps/ Flames for anyone wanting to watch
2nd just starting

http://www.justin.tv/rodz0r

Old
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Same for Krejci to another extent but the kid has been playing real well. But they'll probably send Axelsson and Fernandez packing giving them 6$ millions to work with.
Yeah, Krejci could definitely get 2M or so. He's a very good young forward.

They do have that 6M in expiring (somewhat redundant) contracts. However, Rask will replace Fernandez in all likelyhood, and his cap hit is a whopping 3.2 M...(yeah, somehow we got Price at 1 M less despite the fact he was picked like 17 picks before Rask). Thomas is also a UFA and if they keep him he'll get a big raise from his 1.1 M. I can't see them just going with Rask and a cheap backup either.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Kessel/Krejci RFA deals and their goalie situation.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Theo after a fine period letting another one slip by....Hard shot though still should've get it.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Theodore

Old
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Theo after a fine period letting another one slip by....Hard shot though still should've get it.
2-1 Flames

Old
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yeah, Krejci could definitely get 2M or so. He's a very good young forward.

They do have that 6M in expiring (somewhat redundant) contracts. However, Rask will replace Fernandez in all likelyhood, and his cap hit is a whopping 3.2 M...(yeah, somehow we got Price at 1 M less despite the fact he was picked like 17 picks before Rask). Thomas is also a UFA and if they keep him he'll get a big raise from his 1.1 M. I can't see them just going with Rask and a cheap backup either.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Kessel/Krejci RFA deals and their goalie situation.
Thanks for pointing that out....didn't know the amount for Rask....

I guess Hnidy won't be coming back either....same for Yelle and on the trade business, wouldn't be surprise to see them trade Sturm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
2-1 Flames
I'll tell you.....we have a good one in Melanson but it seems to me that Hackett had a lot to do in Jose's work last year and as far as building his confidence as well.

Just seems like a total different goalie right now.....

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-22-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old
10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Artyukhin*

everyone see Chara in the shootout tonight?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
everyone see Chara in the shootout tonight?
Yeah. That was on purpose you know....a faked big slapper that should've went slowly but surely in Miller's five hole....

Old
10-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Yeah. That was on purpose you know....a faked big slapper that should've went slowly but surely in Miller's five hole....

Old
10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
znk

Quote:
A moral slapshot?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Artyukhin*

Calgary has had (4) 5 on 3's pp so far in this game / 5 minutes to go 2nd period

Old
10-21-2008, 10:02 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
A moral slapshot?
Gotta say I laughed pretty hard there.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
zx81

WAS vs CGY= worst powerplays I have ever seen.
Horrible game.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
A moral slapshot?
Absolutely. I mean, no way was that shot soft....it just can't be....

Old
10-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Blades 0f Steel

So let me ask...if the ref gave out a double minor to Bourque, is everyone satisfied? Would this have been a good call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
They played Calgary Flames hockey

Seriously though, Bourque stuck up for another player after a clean check/headshot. Absolutely idiotic reffing.

This is the game that gets Boudreau fired.
Fixed.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-22-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
TCIH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
So let me ask...if the ref gave out a double minor to Bourque, is everyone satisfied? Would this have been a good call?
It's fine with me, as long as he's the only one to get it.

My problem was that without the referee intervening with penalty time, Sloan is getting punished for dishing out a clean check. It's a deterrent to hitting, and not something the NHL needs. A player shouldn't have to drop the gloves after clocking another player, assuming that it's a clean hit. It'd make for some boring hockey, not to mention unfair to guys like Sergei K., who aren't prolific in fisticuffs but still enjoy a center-ice hit from time to time.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Wow. The Sabres board was on this snow joke craze and I thought they were just joking or something...it actually is snowing in Buffalo right now. October 21st and it's snowing, how long until Rivet *****es about it?

http://weather.uclick.com/buf/today.html

Closed Thread