HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
  #101
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm one of the biggest Gorges fans on these boards but if you can get a Brent Burns for Higgins+ Gorges + McD... you have to make that trade.

Minny is saying no though.
I dunno.
I don't think the Habs need anymore O-Dmen.
And Gorges has a boatload of potential still, he hasn't peaked yet.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
  #102
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
I dunno.
I don't think the Habs need anymore O-Dmen.
And Gorges has a boatload of potential still, he hasn't peaked yet.
Burns hasn't either; he's 23.... future Norris winner IMO.... this guy is gonna be on Canada 2010...

Like I said, Minny won't give him up though... its a moot point.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:55 PM
  #103
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
BUrns is the guy in MINNI that i think we need the most. Miko would not be bad but i doubt they trade him. Cause we have no center to trade back. So Burns is my choice, we have D prospects to trade for a top D man.

Markov Komisarek
Hammer Burns
Bouillon Gorges
O'byrne/Brisebois


There is no way Minni trades wither MIkko or Burns. Minni is having a good start and should have a great season. No reason to for them to blow the team up and trade a top player like the two i have pointed out.

The only guy that we could use that they are reported as trading is Gaborik but, we don't really need him but im not against it completely, i just don't see a good trade for us with him. There are no guys that i want to trade for him. Other than the usual, dandeneault, brisebois, etc.

Our top forwards are keepers in my mind. I see no holes upfront. Pleks hasn't played well but im sure he will turn his game around sooner or later. Defence is the only position where we cold use another top guy to bump us up to elite level defence.

Were getting outshot way too much. I'm sure on its own it will get better and better as our guys like gorges,O'byrne improve and guys like Komi get their game at full throttle but an addition of another top guy like a J Bo or a Burns might just put the D over the top and then we would have an insane transition game and the puck would rarely enter our zone. Another forward would not improve the breakout/transition game but a top D would. Our game is speed and transition, i say improve that more and we can't be stopped.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
  #104
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Burns hasn't either; he's 23.... future Norris winner IMO.... this guy is gonna be on Canada 2010...

Like I said, Minny won't give him up though... its a moot point.
Gainey won't trade Gorges, he likes his defensive ability.

I'm telling you now, someone from the forward lines will be shipped and a prospect.
He won't touch the Dmen unless someone is gone for the season.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
  #105
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
If I'm Minny I'm saying "anyone but Burns".

Burns is gold. If we were interested...... Price would have to be on the block.

IMO, it's Gabby for JBO straight up. That's whats bringing out the scouts.

The Habs could use a #6-7 D who knows his role, a safe get it out our zone D that can play 8-10 min. I'm willing to live with O'Bryne's learning curve (because of his age and potential). If we had a (safe) vet D at the 6 spot I'd be more comfortable.
We have Dandy and Begin (who really are waiver material) as trade bait and prospects, minus MCDO, to dangle on the market......I say this because I'd like to keep our top 9 F intact. Lapy, Chips and BGL are good for the 4th.

Whatever........5-0-1 and we are talking about tradeing roster players.......we Hab fans are rabid.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
  #106
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
If I'm Minny I'm saying "anyone but Burns".

Burns is gold. If we were interested...... Price would have to be on the block.

IMO, it's Gabby for JBO straight up. That's whats bringing out the scouts.

The Habs could use a #6-7 D who knows his role, a safe get it out our zone D that can play 8-10 min. I'm willing to live with O'Bryne's learning curve (because of his age and potential). If we had a (safe) vet D at the 6 spot I'd be more comfortable.
We have Dandy and Begin (who really are waiver material) as trade bait and prospects, minus MCDO, to dangle on the market......I say this because I'd like to keep our top 9 F intact. Lapy, Chips and BGL are good for the 4th.

Whatever........5-0-1 and we are talking about tradeing roster players.......we Hab fans are rabid.
1)Who's JBO?
2)Who's BGL?
3)I agree, way to early to talk trades.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
  #107
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
1)Who's JBO?
2)Who's BGL?
3)I agree, way to early to talk trades.
J Bouwmeester
Big George Laraque

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
  #108
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Gainey won't trade Gorges, he likes his defensive ability.

I'm telling you now, someone from the forward lines will be shipped and a prospect.
He won't touch the Dmen unless someone is gone for the season.
I love Gorges game... but Burns is an upgrade defensively from Gorges... and an upgrade offensively from Gorges.

I'm not sure how many Wild games you see... but Burns is 23 and is nearly as good as Markov, and is more physical than Markov too.

If the cost of getting a burns is josh gorges+higgins+prospect... its stupid to say no to that.

Regardless Minny isn't giving him up for the reasons i've just said....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JBO is Jason Bouwmeester; BGL is Big Georges Laraque

JayBo for Gaborik solves nothing...

Gaborik leaves Florida as a UFA and JayBo leaves Minny (they have lots of D and need more forwards)

Both teams are in the situation where they don't want to lose their asset for nothing.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
  #109
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
scouts are at lot's of games,

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
  #110
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I love Gorges game... but Burns is an upgrade defensively from Gorges... and an upgrade offensively from Gorges.

I'm not sure how many Wild games you see... but Burns is 23 and is nearly as good as Markov, and is more physical than Markov too.

If the cost of getting a burns is josh gorges+higgins+prospect... its stupid to say no to that.

Regardless Minny isn't giving him up for the reasons i've just said....

If minni trades Burns, they will want a markov, in return.

And yes if minny does your trade its trowin in the towel on this season. They need burns and can't survive without him or a replacement for him.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:50 PM
  #111
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
maybe they are scouting

burns? and not gabby

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  #112
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I love Gorges game... but Burns is an upgrade defensively from Gorges... and an upgrade offensively from Gorges.

I'm not sure how many Wild games you see... but Burns is 23 and is nearly as good as Markov, and is more physical than Markov too.

If the cost of getting a burns is josh gorges+higgins+prospect... its stupid to say no to that.

Regardless Minny isn't giving him up for the reasons i've just said....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JBO is Jason Bouwmeester; BGL is Big Georges Laraque

JayBo for Gaborik solves nothing...

Gaborik leaves Florida as a UFA and JayBo leaves Minny (they have lots of D and need more forwards)

Both teams are in the situation where they don't want to lose their asset for nothing.
Minny may have lots of D, we have lots of D, but Minny doesn't have a JBO.

I say JBO for Gabby simply because seldom do you see a star player traded and equal value come back. Hossa Heatly was close. If the rumors are correct both Gabby and JBO want out of their current situations.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
  #113
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I think nobody mentioned this, but what about Fischer for Pouliot?

We already have a strong offensive D right side with Subban and Webber coming up, along with Carle, and we already have Komi and OB as defensive RH Dmen.
I think this is a great idea... a big C to go with Maxwell makes sense down the road. We have extra RD so this helps balance out our prospect depth!!

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
  #114
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Minny may have lots of D, we have lots of D, but Minny doesn't have a JBO.

I say JBO for Gabby simply because seldom do you see a star player traded and equal value come back. Hossa Heatly was close. If the rumors are correct both Gabby and JBO want out of their current situations.
It wont happen because both are impending UFAs. The whole point of trading them is not to lose them for nothing. One would want assets that they can keep longer than their current star.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
  #115
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
It wont happen because both are impending UFAs. The whole point of trading them is not to lose them for nothing. One would want assets that they can keep longer than their current star.
I see your point but by swaping players now one maybe both teams are in line to make the playoffs later. If the team isn't in a position to make the PO's at the trade deadline then you make your move.

Going into the PO's who would you rather have on the Habs roster? Me? I'd take JBO, with our scoring punch up front...........scarey.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
  #116
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
It wont happen because both are impending UFAs. The whole point of trading them is not to lose them for nothing. One would want assets that they can keep longer than their current star.
Plus the problem on both team's is the inability to score goals. Minnesota has more of a need for Gaborik than they do Bouwmeester. Plus the injury to McCabe means the Panthers are in real need of JayBo for the time being too.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
  #117
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Plus the problem on both team's is the inability to score goals. Minnesota has more of a need for Gaborik than they do Bouwmeester. Plus the injury to McCabe means the Panthers are in real need of JayBo for the time being too.
good point's

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
  #118
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,370
vCash: 500
Pouliot is a bust ;



goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
  #119
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Pouliot is a bust ;


wow nice moves

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:26 PM
  #120
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Pouliot is a bust ;
Wow two goals, one in the AHL. You did a great job convincing me.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:31 PM
  #121
NORiculous
Registered User
 
NORiculous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
The Habs didn't lose one game yet in regular time and we're still trying to find the solution to an inexistant problem; what is wrong with our fan base ? Nevertheless, I don't blame you Whitesnake, thank you for the info !
Its called prophylactic mesures...

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:33 PM
  #122
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I love Gorges game... but Burns is an upgrade defensively from Gorges... and an upgrade offensively from Gorges.

I'm not sure how many Wild games you see... but Burns is 23 and is nearly as good as Markov, and is more physical than Markov too.
I Agree that Burns is a good defencemen with good abilities, he's going to be one of the best, but right now he's nowhere near Markov offensivly or defensivly, Markov got better numbers than him and Burns was used as a forward a lot of time last year. He his more physical than Markov thought.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
  #123
WILDTATE10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Sorry but theres no way in hell were trading burns.

him and Koivu are untouchable

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
  #124
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Gainey won't trade Gorges, he likes his defensive ability.

I'm telling you now, someone from the forward lines will be shipped and a prospect.
He won't touch the Dmen unless someone is gone for the season.
Not saying it will happen (Gorges + for Burns), but if that's all it takes to land Burns you HAVE to say yes

Gorges : 23 years old, 3rd pairing D (for now at least)
Burns : 23 years old, 1st or 2nd pairing D, already have a 43 pts season as a D last year, on a defensive oriented team...

also, Burns is 6'5, 220 pds...

so, Burns is the same age, way better offensively AND defensively and also WAY bigger... and you think BG would say no to swapping Gorges (+ forward and prospect) for Burns ? be serious for a sec please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
Sorry but theres no way in hell were trading burns.

him and Koivu are untouchable
from Wild standpoint, perfectly understandable. Unless a GM's willing to overpay that is.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-22-2008 at 01:28 AM.
ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
  #125
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Pouliot looks really slow. Nice hands but too slow for the type of forward he is for us.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.