HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
  #126
habs_fan_73
Registered User
 
habs_fan_73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Not saying it will happen (Gorges + for Burns), but if that's all it takes to land Burns you HAVE to say yes

Gorges : 23 years old, 3rd pairing D (for now at least)
Burns : 23 years old, 1st or 2nd pairing D, already have a 43 pts season as a D last year, on a defensive oriented team...

also, Burns is 6'5, 220 pds...

so, Burns is the same age, way better offensively AND defensively and also WAY bigger... and you think BG would say no to swapping Gorges (+ forward and prospect) for Burns ? be serious for a sec please...
I think any GM would say yes to such a deal... But there is no way Minnesota is trading Burns. He's awesome and signed for 3 more years. He's going nowhere...

habs_fan_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:54 PM
  #127
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,189
vCash: 500
Pouliot has been playing center for Minnesota.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Pouliot looks really slow. Nice hands but too slow for the type of forward he is for us.
Well he's not slow, that's for certain. He has exceptional speed for his size. It's just that he needs to use his legs more often.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:00 PM
  #128
Bullrun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
pouliot has played either center or wing....

mikko is untouchable
burns is untouchable...there is no debate about these two guys' status

I wish you folks had enough cap space so we could convince you to give us Higgins, Macdonough and a 1st for gabby...

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
  #129
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrun View Post
pouliot has played either center or wing....

mikko is untouchable
burns is untouchable...there is no debate about these two guys' status

I wish you folks had enough cap space so we could convince you to give us Higgins, Macdonough and a 1st for gabby...
never gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Pouliot has been playing center for Minnesota.




Well he's not slow, that's for certain. He has exceptional speed for his size. It's just that he needs to use his legs more often.
is not fast...

Not fast enough for the habs. He is not a power forward or anything like latendresse. Pouliot is not fast enough to be a skilled forward on the habs. (it looks to me) I could be wrong about his skating, i haven't analyzed him much but in the examples in this thread he looked really slow.

I gotta say, The gaborik to Montreal/Kings is getting lots of press including TSN every 15 minutes


Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-22-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:44 PM
  #130
WILDTATE10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,603
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
never gonna happen.



is not fast...

Not fast enough for the habs. He is not a power forward or anything like latendresse. Pouliot is not fast enough to be a skilled forward on the habs. (it looks to me) I could be wrong about his skating, i haven't analyzed him much but in the examples in this thread he looked really slow.
Hes not slow at all man. saying hes slow says that you have never seen him play before outside of those two highlights earlyer in the thread.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 11:47 PM
  #131
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
Hes not slow at all man. saying hes slow says that you have never seen him play before outside of those two highlights earlyer in the thread.
ok, i'll give you that. I haven't seen much more than those highlights, but i did think he was a little slow before i saw those highlights and then it felt confirmed to me. But hey i could be wrong.

So tell me how fast is he? who on MOntreal would you say he compares to in speed. Acceleration and top speed.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:42 AM
  #132
WILDTATE10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,603
vCash: 50
haha umm i honestly couldnty really tell you that but i can say that hes one of our fastest players outside of Gaborik, Bouchard and maybe Burns and Gillies. We build our team around speed and defense.

The Thing with Benny thats really Killin me right now is that Lemaire isnt giving the kid a very good chance. He plays him on the 4th line with Boogard and Craig Weller and he has no freedom on the offensive side despite all the talent you can see with him out there. He was critisized for that beauty goal he scored against florida becasue supposably he should have dumped it in. I hope we keep the kid because if givin a decent chance he could be very good player.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:31 AM
  #133
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrun View Post
pouliot has played either center or wing....

mikko is untouchable
burns is untouchable...there is no debate about these two guys' status

I wish you folks had enough cap space so we could convince you to give us Higgins, Macdonough and a 1st for gabby...
Yeah... all three of those... not happening even if we had the cap space....

Higgins + McDonagh with no picks involved is probably the max you could get; and I personally would say no to that for reasons i've outlined many times.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:28 AM
  #134
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
haha umm i honestly couldnty really tell you that but i can say that hes one of our fastest players outside of Gaborik, Bouchard and maybe Burns and Gillies. We build our team around speed and defense.

The Thing with Benny thats really Killin me right now is that Lemaire isnt giving the kid a very good chance. He plays him on the 4th line with Boogard and Craig Weller and he has no freedom on the offensive side despite all the talent you can see with him out there. He was critisized for that beauty goal he scored against florida becasue supposably he should have dumped it in. I hope we keep the kid because if givin a decent chance he could be very good player.
Thanks for the update. One thing that's really great with Carbo is that he's not afraid to use kids on the top lines (if they work hard).

I'm not saying forget McDonagh but I doubt he'll leave Montreal. (Gainey did trade Iginla but he was not Iginla back then). Why not a brand new David Fischer

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:37 AM
  #135
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Call me crazy, but a three way dance between LA-Mtl-Minny may be the only way such a deal would work for us

  Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 07:05 AM
  #136
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
wow nice moves
Ooooh lala..Grabovsky had better moves and look at him. AHL moves. Pouliot is not a player we need.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM
  #137
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
haha umm i honestly couldnty really tell you that but i can say that hes one of our fastest players outside of Gaborik, Bouchard and maybe Burns and Gillies. We build our team around speed and defense.

The Thing with Benny thats really Killin me right now is that Lemaire isnt giving the kid a very good chance. He plays him on the 4th line with Boogard and Craig Weller and he has no freedom on the offensive side despite all the talent you can see with him out there. He was critisized for that beauty goal he scored against florida becasue supposably he should have dumped it in. I hope we keep the kid because if givin a decent chance he could be very good player.

Umm that reminds me of another young futur "power forward"....

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:31 AM
  #138
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Ooooh lala..Grabovsky had better moves and look at him. AHL moves. Pouliot is not a player we need.

I only said those were nice moves, i wasn't agreeing to getting him or anything. I'm well aware that you can't judge a player on 2 plays.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
  #139
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

I only said those were nice moves, i wasn't agreeing to getting him or anything. I'm well aware that you can't judge a player on 2 plays.
Actually my post was not intended for you , but Mr. Koivu hater 100th or whichever name he has decided to go by this year ...

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
  #140
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
haha umm i honestly couldnty really tell you that but i can say that hes one of our fastest players outside of Gaborik, Bouchard and maybe Burns and Gillies. We build our team around speed and defense.

The Thing with Benny thats really Killin me right now is that Lemaire isnt giving the kid a very good chance. He plays him on the 4th line with Boogard and Craig Weller and he has no freedom on the offensive side despite all the talent you can see with him out there. He was critisized for that beauty goal he scored against florida becasue supposably he should have dumped it in. I hope we keep the kid because if givin a decent chance he could be very good player.



Criticized by whom? Media or coaches?

That's just absurd to react this way to a goal like that.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
  #141
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post



Criticized by whom? Media or coaches?

That's just absurd to react this way to a goal like that.

Defensive minded team. Dump first score second.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:04 AM
  #142
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrun View Post
I wish you folks had enough cap space so we could convince you to give us Higgins, Macdonough and a 1st for gabby...
It's not that we couldn't create cap space..It's that we have a competent GM that knows what a fair deal is. This wouldn't be one.
He's also capable of noticing our needs, which is a 4th D more than an Elite F

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
  #143
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Thanks for the update. One thing that's really great with Carbo is that he's not afraid to use kids on the top lines (if they work hard).

I'm not saying forget McDonagh but I doubt he'll leave Montreal. (Gainey did trade Iginla but he was not Iginla back then). Why not a brand new David Fischer

Joe Nieuwendyk is a HOF player who was a major factor for Dallas in winning a Stanley Cup. Sam Pollock traded 3 very good players to get Frank Mahovlich, who was already in his 30s. Mahovlich played only 3 seasons for the Habs, but in that span they won 2 Cups. Aside from Dryden, Mahovlich was easily the best player in the 1971 Cup win (he set a playoff scoring record that has since been broken).

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:50 PM
  #144
Kurt Sexington*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Call me crazy but if I was Habs management, sitting on a 5-0-1 record and winning games even without one of my potential top goal scorers playing, I wouldn't be dying to piss it all away in an effort to nab an impact forward. We already have all sorts of forwards who play well together and produce more than enough goals to keep the team afloat offensively.
I say we lowball the hell out of Minnesota and see what comes up. "Minny, we'll give you the rights to Dandy, the Ghost of André Racicot and three Midget BB players from St. Julie plus an assortment of stock holdings in the U.S. investment banking sector for Gaborik AND Pouliot."

I smell a DEAL, baby!

Kurt Sexington* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
  #145
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Call me crazy, but a three way dance between LA-Mtl-Minny may be the only way such a deal would work for us
This men is crazy.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
  #146
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sexington View Post
Call me crazy but if I was Habs management, sitting on a 5-0-1 record and winning games even without one of my potential top goal scorers playing, I wouldn't be dying to piss it all away in an effort to nab an impact forward. We already have all sorts of forwards who play well together and produce more than enough goals to keep the team afloat offensively.
I say we lowball the hell out of Minnesota and see what comes up. "Minny, we'll give you the rights to Dandy, the Ghost of André Racicot and three Midget BB players from St. Julie plus an assortment of stock holdings in the U.S. investment banking sector for Gaborik AND Pouliot."

I smell a DEAL, baby!
This man is also crazy.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
  #147
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,675
vCash: 500
Wanted Brunette in the offseason, want him now. Would be a great fit on this team and the guy is money in the playoffs.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:05 PM
  #148
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Wanted Brunette in the offseason, want him now. Would be a great fit on this team and the guy is money in the playoffs.
I've always been a fan of his, but who out of Latendresse, S.Kost, Higgins. Who would you move out of the top 9 to give him a spot?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
  #149
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sexington View Post
Call me crazy but if I was Habs management, sitting on a 5-0-1 record and winning games even without one of my potential top goal scorers playing, I wouldn't be dying to piss it all away in an effort to nab an impact forward. We already have all sorts of forwards who play well together and produce more than enough goals to keep the team afloat offensively.
I say we lowball the hell out of Minnesota and see what comes up. "Minny, we'll give you the rights to Dandy, the Ghost of André Racicot and three Midget BB players from St. Julie plus an assortment of stock holdings in the U.S. investment banking sector for Gaborik AND Pouliot."

I smell a DEAL, baby!
and if you were the Wild's GM, sitting on a 4-0 record, think you'd accept to be "lowballed" ?



btw : you crazy!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 06:53 PM
  #150
Bullrun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
hey, I was just saying a 1st, higgins, and mac would be great for the wild....

now it seems like all of you agree that is impossible, well i'll tell you this, its 10000 times more possible than getting mikko or burns....at least we can agree on that

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.