HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Korpokoski- Stay up or Go Down?

Old
10-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
He certainly looked better on the wing last game, but I don't know if that was just from getting a rest or not. I love the kid's speed though. He dumps the puck in and blows right by just about every defender.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just wondering what fans are thinking of this

I am pretty torn on it

I like the kid alot and I don't think he has really hurt them in anyway..........they are 6-1-1 so I would side on being patient

HOWEVER....Petr Prucha is sitting around at 1.6 million and if Korps is not going to play C then I would think it also makes sense to send him down and bring the 7th Dman Fahey up to sit on his arse

I still think Drury should play RW with Gomez and even Dawes.............Then have Naslund ,Korps , Cally

Thoughts?
I really, really like this kid. He may be the victim of numbers and cap though. I wouldn't be surprised if he was optioned to Hartford before his 10 game limit is hit. If the big club needs him to play the Pivot, he can stand to learn that spot a bit more in Hartford. If Barker & Ryan can play in the minors, so can Korpeedo.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
ogie

Down!!

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I really, really like this kid. He may be the victim of numbers and cap though. I wouldn't be surprised if he was optioned to Hartford before his 10 game limit is hit. If the big club needs him to play the Pivot, he can stand to learn that spot a bit more in Hartford. If Barker & Ryan can play in the minors, so can Korpeedo.
Rissmiller is in for him 2nite but that does'nt surprise me cause its only his second game to sit and Riss' 2nd as a Ranger

anyways the team is winning so I am cool with what's going on but they are going on a road trip soon and having a D man go down then having to put Orr back there is not cool at all..................It's a what if but still

I think the decision is coming this week before they hit the road..............so it's either dealing a excess forward likely Prucha or Riss or sending Lauri down for a bit

I do agree he will be a good one though

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
This is getting silly now. Renney, make a decision already, you have guys rotting by not playing. Rissmiller should not touch the ice, and he's playing with Drury and Naslund? This has Brad Isbister written all over it. It's time to give guys a fair shake, not a 1 game evaluation. The "3rd" line hasn't been scoring, well when you have 5 guys rotating every game how can you find consistency?

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I honestly question anyone who hasn't been pleased with Korp so far this year. Point production isn't everything.
Ian, I am with you. I cannot understand what Korpioski needs to do to win over these fans??? I saw him on one shift, Friday all over the puck. He definately is one of the harder working forwards.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Fletch

Ian...

it's really a question of what's better for his development. If the offense isn't there, should he be in Hartford. And offense isn't just goals, but it's setting guys up, which hasn't happened, and actually getting shots off, which isn't happening either. As for the rest of his play, it's been fine, but no better than any other third or fourth liner for the Rangers thus far this season, so it's not an unfair question to ask and doesn't paint someone as anti-Korps if the question is asked.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:06 PM
eco's bones

I'm for keeping him. Sending him down when we have two extra forwards may mean that he stays down no matter what. Anyway--it seems that almost a year ago we were having this very same discussion about Dubinsky. He needs to get more confidence in the offensive zone--some shots to the net. Other than that--he is involved--has the speed, decent size, grinds and hits well enough and is responsible enough defensively. He's not holding the team or anyone back. The best move is no move.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 03:47 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

At what point does Korpedo lose his rookie status?

Isn't it 9 or 10 games?

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
NYR Viper

i know some people may disagree with me but people keep calling korpikoski a player in the mold of a jere lehtinen(sp?) but i feel like he is more in the mold of a poor man's marian hossa....great strength, speed and defensive awareness....he can pk and has good hands and uses his big body down low.....to me he looks a lot like hossa

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'm for keeping him. Sending him down when we have two extra forwards may mean that he stays down no matter what. Anyway--it seems that almost a year ago we were having this very same discussion about Dubinsky. He needs to get more confidence in the offensive zone--some shots to the net. Other than that--he is involved--has the speed, decent size, grinds and hits well enough and is responsible enough defensively. He's not holding the team or anyone back. The best move is no move.
Yup...I'd prefer seeing him on his natural LW side.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Just wondering what fans are thinking of this

I am pretty torn on it

I like the kid alot and I don't think he has really hurt them in anyway..........they are 6-1-1 so I would side on being patient

HOWEVER....Petr Prucha is sitting around at 1.6 million and if Korps is not going to play C then I would think it also makes sense to send him down and bring the 7th Dman Fahey up to sit on his arse

I still think Drury should play RW with Gomez and even Dawes.............Then have Naslund ,Korps , Cally

Thoughts?
Korpokoski is last years Dubinsky. Keep him up. the only question is whether he should play Center or LW. This guy is only going to get better. Serves him no purpose going back to Hartford and playing with guys below him or maybe a few that can play at the same level. Now next year it will be Anisimov's turn.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 10-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post

Isn't it 9 or 10 games?

I'm pretty sure you have to play a quarter of the season or about 20 games to not be considered a rookie any more.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
SomE

What if Dubinsky was sent down after his slow start last season?
Korp has played very well and should stay up a bit longer imo

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to play a quarter of the season or about 20 games to not be considered a rookie any more.
Thinking the STAYS for sure now with Riss gone

I guess it makes sense to send him and his 1 million down and let Prucha play the wing or Fritsche but I doubt they are doing that

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Thinking the STAYS for sure now with Riss gone

I guess it makes sense to send him and his 1 million down and let Prucha play the wing or Fritsche but I doubt they are doing that
I'm thinking that he's also here to stay now that Rissmiller is headed back to HFD. I'd also be surprised if Prucha isn't traded for a pick/another underachiever in the next couple of weeks.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post

Isn't it 9 or 10 games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
I believe the Korpedo is a rookie all season. If he were playing in Juniors, he would be able to play 9 games in the NHL and still be able to be sent down to Juniors and not count against the salary cap. He needs to play 25 games for this to be considered his rookie year.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote