HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin

Old
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
You got 2 hands right? Start a freaking Korneev thread then no ones stopping you. My point is that we own the rights to Perezhogin and he's one of the top goal scorers in the KHL, so there's no harm in discussing it. You'll see me post in just about any Perezhogin thread, yet you won't see me bashing the team, Carbo, Perezhogin, KHL, big pay raise, global warming, financial crisis, tight underwear, bad drivers, etc...

I cheer for Perezhogin because we own his rights, so until otherwise I see no reason why there can't be a thread about him, don't like, don't read it or post in it. It's very simple.
or he could search for a Korneev one... I'm sure there is one on this board; or did i merge it??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
You got 2 hands right? Start a freaking Korneev thread then no ones stopping you. My point is that we own the rights to Perezhogin and he's one of the top goal scorers in the KHL, so there's no harm in discussing it. You'll see me post in just about any Perezhogin thread, yet you won't see me bashing the team, Carbo, Perezhogin, KHL, big pay raise, global warming, financial crisis, tight underwear, bad drivers, etc...

I cheer for Perezhogin because we own his rights, so until otherwise I see no reason why there can't be a thread about him, don't like, don't read it or post in it. It's very simple.
Surely you know why I asked about Korneev. The same people that are eager to bring Perezhogin's stats to the attention of the board aren't quite so interested in either he or Emelin.

Well I can certainly empathize with people that are annoyed, and I listed the reasons why, just as I could tell you why people would shudder at Pacioretty threads a month ago. As sure as I'm a Hab fan I can tell you another one of these will spring up during the year in order to put down another forward.

You seemed confused as to why it was such a hot topic for people, I felt compelled to try and explain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To stay on topic, I'll put forth some trade ideas for his rights. If he stays on his current projected totals, I'd like to offer him to Columbus along with a 3rd for Malhotra towards the deadline.

Perezhogin's rights + 3rd round pick
for
Malhotra

thoughts?

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 10-22-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Toro

How much longer do we hold Perezhoghin's rights for? He was a 2001 draft pick with some 130 NHL games.

also, what about Korneev a 2002 draft pick and Yemelin a 2004 draft pick? p.s. who are both smaller than i thought/hoped. I thought they would get bigger by now...or are the numbers on the Montreal website outdated?

Alexei Yemelin

Position: Defenceman Shoots: Left
Height: 6' 0" Weight: 187

Konstantin Korneev

Position: Defenceman Shoots: Right
Height: 5' 11" Weight: 176

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Yea why would we want to talk about a player we own the rights to that's among the top goal scorers in his respective league.
Not only Perez will never come back to the Habs but we have no place for him. And when he played for the Habs he was average at best.

So why keep talking about him? People should talk about Emelin and all our other prospects.

Not only that but the magority of Habs fans do not see Perez play! It's like talking about some ghost.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Not only Perez will never come back to the Habs but we have no place for him. And when he played for the Habs he was average at best.

So why keep talking about him? People should talk about Emelin and all our other prospects.

Not only that but the magority of Habs fans do not see Perez play! It's like talking about some ghost.
Players can improve and mature. He was 23 when he left, he's 25 now. Perezhogin has been very good in Russia. Here are couple of recent players of the top of my head that played in the NHL, went to Russia, and came back much better than before.

THE prime example is Alexander Semin.

2003-04 Washington Capitals NHL 52 10 12 22 36
2003-04 Portland Pirates AHL 4 3 1 4 6 7
2004-05 Tolyatti Lada Russia 50 19 11 30 54
2005-06 Tolyatti Lada Russia 16 5 4 9 52
2005-06 Mytishchi Khimik Russia 26 3 7 10 26
2006-07 Washington Capitals NHL 77 38 35 73 90
2007-08 Washington Capitals NHL 63 26 16 42 54

And there is also Denis Grebeshkov, who's looked pretty good the past couple of seasons and who I think has a good career ahead of him.

Why can't Perezhogin, who is a first rounder like the two mentioned above, also comeback and do well? He has more more than twice the goals and more points than Radulov who's on the same team. The thing is we don't know how he'll translate to NHL. We have an idea but we don't know for sure anymore. He could have gotten better, he could have stayed the same as he was before, or he could have regressed. We don't know.

People want to talk about that chance he comes back and does well. He's still Habs property, you make it sound like players that played in the NHL and then go back to Russia never comeback. They do. Not all comebacks are successful, but there are many cases of them returning.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I see your point Kimota, but a lot of posters think that Emelin will never play for the Habs either. As long as we have a players rights, I can't see it being a big deal talking about what they are doing, regardless of the chances of them coming to the NHL.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:13 AM
MRocketR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Players can improve and mature. He was 23 when he left, he's 25 now. Perezhogin has been very good in Russia. Here are couple of recent players of the top of my head that played in the NHL, went to Russia, and came back much better than before.

THE prime example is Alexander Semin.

2003-04 Washington Capitals NHL 52 10 12 22 36
2003-04 Portland Pirates AHL 4 3 1 4 6 7
2004-05 Tolyatti Lada Russia 50 19 11 30 54
2005-06 Tolyatti Lada Russia 16 5 4 9 52
2005-06 Mytishchi Khimik Russia 26 3 7 10 26
2006-07 Washington Capitals NHL 77 38 35 73 90
2007-08 Washington Capitals NHL 63 26 16 42 54

And there is also Denis Grebeshkov, who's looked pretty good the past couple of seasons and who I think has a good career ahead of him.

Why can't Perezhogin, who is a first rounder like the two mentioned above, also comeback and do well? He has more more than twice the goals and more points than Radulov who's on the same team. The thing is we don't know how he'll translate to NHL. We have an idea but we don't know for sure anymore. He could have gotten better, he could have stayed the same as he was before, or he could have regressed. We don't know.

People want to talk about that chance he comes back and does well. He's still Habs property, you make it sound like players that played in the NHL and then go back to Russia never comeback. They do. Not all comebacks are successful, but there are many cases of them returning.
I always thought that if they could bring back Artyukhin, Semin and Grebeshkov, than we can definitely bring back Perezhogin.

MRocketR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 08:17 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Can we hope to see him back. I believe Montreal holds his NHL rights but I'm not sure. I don't think he'd be FA if he was playing in the NHL. I always thought that guy had amazing skills, it's a loss he went to Russia.
Russian Dynamo a la Oleg Petrov, Sergei Samsonov and Mikhail Grabovski

These guys are exciting, but as far as I'm concerned, if they can't find the net, or their own ends, are just good for the ice capades.

(although Oleg was pretty exciting to watch when we had nothing else)

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:30 AM
gillyguzzler

I always liked Perezhogin but I don't think Carbo did. Carbo was not the coach he is now and I'd bet Perez would do alot better now in the Habs lineup, although it's not going to happen this year.

3 possible scenarios :

1 - he stays in Russia, receiving a hefty contract
2 - we don't resign Kovy, Saku and Tanguay. If Perez accepts a contract around the 2 Mil mark, there's room for him and he should do well
3 - he shows interest in returning to the NHL and the Habs trade his rights to a team like Tampa Bay or Toronto and receive a decent draft pick. If Grabovsky's worth a second rounder, Perezhogin is worth at least that if he wants to return. He is a much much better player than Grabovsky.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRocketR View Post
I always thought that if they could bring back Artyukhin, Semin and Grebeshkov, than we can definitely bring back Perezhogin.
The Habs can't even get D'Agostini or Pacioretty in the lineup, how would we accommodate him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I always liked Perezhogin but I don't think Carbo did. Carbo was not the coach he is now and I'd bet Perez would do alot better now in the Habs lineup, although it's not going to happen this year.

3 possible scenarios :

1 - he stays in Russia, receiving a hefty contract
2 - we don't resign Kovy, Saku and Tanguay. If Perez accepts a contract around the 2 Mil mark, there's room for him and he should do well
3 - he shows interest in returning to the NHL and the Habs trade his rights to a team like Tampa Bay or Toronto and receive a decent draft pick. If Grabovsky's worth a second rounder, Perezhogin is worth at least that if he wants to return. He is a much much better player than Grabovsky.
Why would you possibly envision a scenario where we lose 3 of our best forwards?! Or are you actually saying the Habs should let them walk to bring him back?

The myth lives on...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-23-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old
10-23-2008, 11:27 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Well it's impossible for you to know what Perezhogin will or won't do. Also how do you know we have no room for him? I only see a few forwards under contract for next year so far.

Why keep talking about him? Are you freaking kidding me? Is it really that hard to understand? WE OWN HIS RIGHTS and HE'S OFF TO A GREAT START. So what he if never comes back to the Habs, if he keeps lighting it up who's to say another GM won't be interested in him? Cripes, what's so bad in talking about an asset in the organization, no one knows what will happen to him but until he's not a Hab, then people are free to discuss him all they want. If this is a problem for you and it seems to be, then perhaps you should just skip over any Perezhogin threads.

As for seeing him play, I've seen him this year, i've posted links to free webcasts and as for others not seeing him play, so what, most people don't see our NCAA prospects should we not talk about them? What about Torp is Sweden or Benoit.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
The Habs can't even get D'Agostini or Pacioretty in the lineup, how would we accommodate him?

Why would you possibly envision a scenario where we lose 3 of our best forwards?! Or are you actually saying the Habs should let them walk to bring him back?

The myth lives on...
We probably won't lose all of them but have you not seen the list of UFAs or RFAs for next year. How could you possibly envision a scenario where we could bring all or most of them back?! We're at the cap now! Obviously, some are going to leave.

Old
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
We probably won't lose all of them but have you not seen the list of UFAs or RFAs for next year. How could you possibly envision a scenario where we could bring all or most of them back?! We're at the cap now! Obviously, some are going to leave.
And we've got Pacioretty, D'Agostini & Maxwell knocking at the door while Chipchura can't crack the top 12 right now. There will still be a logjam next year, and that's not even getting into the argument about whether another grinder should be brought in to replace Begin & Kosto.

So at most, we lose 3 of the 12 regular forwards(not including Dandy). That's easily filled with the talent we have right now in Hamilton. Perezhogin complained about playing on the 3rd line last time, I hardly think he'd want to come back to the NHL for less money & less ice time than he's getting now, & he's definitely not beating out the Kostitsyns, Latendresse or Higgins for a spot. That's not even taking into account the chemistry of the team.

If there's any concern in the summer of 09, it's finding a center, not another winger.

Best thing to do is try to get something for his rights & give him a chance elsewhere in the league if he wants to return. I'd like to think with the success of Brunnstrom a few GMs would be interested this year & would ask to contact him.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 10-23-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old
10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
gillyguzzler

If Perezhogin wants to come back to the NHL and with the expercience he has gained during the past two years, he could be a top 6 forward and is for sure a top 9. It probably won't happen in Montreal but he may be an option if we lose too many free agents and if, and this is a big if, he can be signed at a reasonable price.

The only guaranteed players coming back on the top two lines are the two Kost brothers. http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=MTL&season=0809

Komi - 6M, Higgins -4M, Lats - 2M, Chip 1M

quite the raises these boys are in line for... and with the economy is such a bad state, who knows what the cap will be next year.

Of course I'd prefer Kovy, Koivu and Tanguay to Perezhogin but he may become valuable. But we're allowed to disagree!

Old
10-24-2008, 02:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Well it's impossible for you to know what Perezhogin will or won't do. Also how do you know we have no room for him? I only see a few forwards under contract for next year so far.

Why keep talking about him? Are you freaking kidding me? Is it really that hard to understand? WE OWN HIS RIGHTS and HE'S OFF TO A GREAT START. So what he if never comes back to the Habs, if he keeps lighting it up who's to say another GM won't be interested in him? Cripes, what's so bad in talking about an asset in the organization, no one knows what will happen to him but until he's not a Hab, then people are free to discuss him all they want. If this is a problem for you and it seems to be, then perhaps you should just skip over any Perezhogin threads.

As for seeing him play, I've seen him this year, i've posted links to free webcasts and as for others not seeing him play, so what, most people don't see our NCAA prospects should we not talk about them? What about Torp is Sweden or Benoit.
He's off to a great start! Stop the press, it's the End of the World. If the subject was a super-duber prospect we had, some uber-talented kid like Ovechkin then yea I would love to hear news about him. Imagine what he could do with the Habs! But bringing up posts after posts of somebody that the Habs may have the rights to who's the equivalent of a third line player in the NHL , what's the point? Perez is not even Vermette-worthy.

Quote:
If Perezhogin wants to come back to the NHL and with the expercience he has gained during the past two years, he could be a top 6 forward and is for sure a top 9. It probably won't happen in Montreal but he may be an option if we lose too many free agents and if, and this is a big if, he can be signed at a reasonable price.

The only guaranteed players coming back on the top two lines are the two Kost brothers. http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=MTL&season=0809

Komi - 6M, Higgins -4M, Lats - 2M, Chip 1M

quite the raises these boys are in line for... and with the economy is such a bad state, who knows what the cap will be next year.

Of course I'd prefer Kovy, Koivu and Tanguay to Perezhogin but he may become valuable. But we're allowed to disagree!
Mark my words: Perez will never ever ever ever be back to the Habs.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-24-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
He's off to a great start! Stop the press, it's the End of the World. If the subject was a super-duber prospect we had, some uber-talented kid like Ovechkin then yea I would love to hear news about him. Imagine what he could do with the Habs! But bringing up posts after posts of somebody that the Habs may have the rights to who's the equivalent of a third line player in the NHL , what's the point? Perez is not even Vermette-worthy.
You say he is a third-line player... but remember He is young.... He may be improving... Someone may take a chance on him... He is still an asset we have. We could trade him, or maybe he wants to come back and play in Montreal. As long as his rights are owned by the habs; perezhogin discussion will be allowed.

Also not everyone believes he is a third line player like you do... we all have different opinions on a number of players. Just cause he was a third liner when he left doesn't mean he is a third liner for life. Heck, when he left Andrei Kostitsyn was an AHL player... now hes a first liner on a team that was the highest scoring team in the league. Perez is only what 1 1/2 years old than AKost. He just turned 25 years old in August... and left the habs before his 24th birthday.

Personally i think that judging by his offensive totals in Hamilton... his play on the Koivu-Kovalev line when Zednik was hurt, and his ability to be a top scorer in the Russian league, i think he has offensive potential to be in the top 6 of an NHL team... Heck if Grabovsky can be a top 6 forward I think Perezhogin is much better. Maybe with the crazy depth we have now he would be in a heck of a fight to try and make the top 9... but there are plenty of teams that could use him in their top 6.

I think he'd clearly be in the top 6 of Vancouver, and Toronto... no question... and he could be in the top 6 of a number of other teams.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-24-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 04:07 AM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
The fact is, more people like loves him than you think. Like it or not, he would've help this team in thi series an could play with Koivu and Kovalev insted of useless players like Higgins, Latendresse, Lapierre, Ryder, Begin, Dandenault, Smolinspuke and so on.

Useless players like Higgins? Perezoghin had his cahnce and didn't do ****. Higgins is a good player, yes it would be nice if he could finish off more chances but he still got 27 goals and is very good defensively. He brings much more than Perezhogin did.

And btw Latendresse is playing well so far too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
If Chris Higgins can put around 55 points a year playing on the first line, Alexander Perezhogin can pretty much do it too, given his skills, shots, speed and forechecking abilities.

Higgins is stronger, wins more battles in the corners, is willing to take more punishment and go to the net more, and he's better without the puck than Perezhogin and works harder.

Perezhogin did play on our first line at times and didn't do much. Comparing him to Higgins is hilarious. Also, Higgins loves Montreal and wants to win here, he's the type of player who is a leader and winner. Those are the types of players u need to win the cup.Ask any gm or coach around the league who they would rather have. Perezhogin also got knocked off the puck pretty easily.

I wish Higgins could finish a little better too, but please don't tell me Perezhogin is a better player. What a joke.

Last edited by Galchenyuk x 27: 10-24-2008 at 04:22 AM.
nikrag03* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03 View Post

Higgins is stronger, wins more battles in the corners, is willing to take more punishment and go to the net more, and he's better without the puck than Perezhogin and works harder.

Perezhogin did play on our first line at times and didn't do much. Comparing him to Higgins is hilarious. Also, Higgins loves Montreal and wants to win here, he's the type of player who is a leader and winner. Those are the types of players u need to win the cup.Ask any gm or coach around the league who they would rather have. Perezhogin also got knocked off the puck pretty easily.

I wish Higgins could finish a little better too, but please don't tell me Perezhogin is a better player. What a joke.
you do know who your arguing with right?
you will never win a Higgins debate against her.

...I do agree with you on all counts.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
And we've got Pacioretty, D'Agostini & Maxwell knocking at the door while Chipchura can't crack the top 12 right now. There will still be a logjam next year, and that's not even getting into the argument about whether another grinder should be brought in to replace Begin & Kosto.

So at most, we lose 3 of the 12 regular forwards(not including Dandy). That's easily filled with the talent we have right now in Hamilton. Perezhogin complained about playing on the 3rd line last time, I hardly think he'd want to come back to the NHL for less money & less ice time than he's getting now, & he's definitely not beating out the Kostitsyns, Latendresse or Higgins for a spot. That's not even taking into account the chemistry of the team.

If there's any concern in the summer of 09, it's finding a center, not another winger.

Best thing to do is try to get something for his rights & give him a chance elsewhere in the league if he wants to return. I'd like to think with the success of Brunnstrom a few GMs would be interested this year & would ask to contact him.
I would re-sign Kosto
Don't forget a good grinder we have in the pipeline; Stewart.

We don't need Perez anymore, If he wants to come back his rights will get dealt.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 09:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Mark my words: Perez will never ever ever ever be back to the Habs.
Well like I said, don't ****ing read or post in the thread then, how ****ing hard is that to understand? Sorry Perezhogin is no Ovechkn like talent, what a surprise since there's so many highly skilled prospect like that, that a thread about a guy leading his team in scoring for a 2nd year is cloging up board space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
I would re-sign Kosto
Don't forget a good grinder we have in the pipeline; Stewart.

We don't need Perez anymore, If he wants to come back his rights will get dealt.
Who knows how the roster will shape up next year, at this point we have very few forwards under contract. I am sure this will get solved by Gainey as I have total confidence in him and have all along. That said I don't care if he comes back or not per say, I'm glad to see he's doing well and imo the better he does, the more attractive the asset for us in the long run, guess we'll see what happens. I like Perezhogin a lot, always have, so if he keeps playing well and decides he wants to return to the NHL, then it's good for us, cause either he could help the team in some way or he could be an asset that gets turned into something else.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-24-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old
10-24-2008, 10:02 AM
CH4

Quote:
Well like I said, don't ****ing read or post in the thread then, how ****ing hard is that to understand? Sorry Perezhogin is no Ovechkn like talent, what a surprise since there's so many highly skilled prospect like that, that a thread about a guy leading his team in scoring for a 2nd year is cloging up board space.
Well I don't think he'll ever play for the habs again, as we don't need him...

But I'm glad he is doing great as I always liked him and it muight increase his trade value

Can I still post in this thread?

EDIT: I totally agree with your last post.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Here's a pretty nice goal he scored last week.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Well I don't think he'll ever play for the habs again, as we don't need him...

But I'm glad he is doing great as I always liked him and it muight increase his trade value

Can I still post in this thread?

EDIT: I totally agree with your last post.
I don't expect to ever see him as a Hab, but I also know that I can't predict the future, so I'll keep an eye on him and IF he wants to return to the NHL and continues scoring goals left and right, then it's got to be good for us one way or another.

Old
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
gillyguzzler

I don't think he burned his bridges with the organization when he left. 3 years ago, Carbo was openly critical of many of his players, particularly his Russian players. Perezhogin was homesick and did not feel "the love" from his coach. So he bolted. I'm sure there are things that happened or were said that we're not privy to but if Gainey could mend fences with Kovy, I think a heart to heart between him and Perez would smooth over the situation. Or he'll trade him and get a decent draft pick. Who knows!

Old
10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Go Habs Go

Why are some of you trying to tell us what or who we should discuss? What the hell is the matter with you?

Go Habs Go is online now   Reply With Quote