HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Tickets Price Collapse?!?

Old
10-23-2008, 11:35 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
the TE also doesn't allow for you to sell below face value so when you add in the additional fees that the Garden puts on top the tickets are definetely on the high side.

And the tickets have been much tougher to dump this year, even at face value because of the money situation not to mention that alot of the people that go are obviously business people and everybody is shot at the end of the day with how wild the markets have been and people want to just hit the couch and relax with days/weeks like these.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
... alot of the people that go are obviously business people and everybody is shot at the end of the day with how wild the markets have been and people want to just hit the couch and relax with days/weeks like these.
True dat.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
If fans are cutting back on the number of games they go to, non-conference games are probably going to be the first to suffer. It's especially true if people are like Synergy and not renewing their seasons or mini-plans since a lot of non-conference and non-divisional games are typically packaged into those.
Yep. The non-conference games are always quieter than games against the East. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. People would obviously rather see the Isles, Devils, Pens and Flyers. I personally like those games because they aren't teams you get to see all the time (although with the new scheduling system, that changes a little bit), so I go to a fair amount of them (I've seen Chicago and Dallas and I'm going to see Vancouver and Edmonton).

Also, I didn't know all of that about the 11-game packages. I had actually thought about buying one, but what's the point if you don't even get first shot at Playoff tickets? For about the same price, you can just pick whichever games you go to and then find a stray playoff ticket on StubHub..or even the day of the game on Ticketmaster like I did last year against the Devils.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
nyrmetros

So, no end in sight for absurd ticket prices.......... The Jets proved that one..........

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
mucker*

Yeh what I don't get....how come they were advertising 10 game Ranger plans on sale.
1) I thought all games were sold out.
2) The Rangers have been a a real good the last few years and this season, they have not been the Knicks, so why are tickets up for grabs?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
Yeh what I don't get....how come they were advertising 10 game Ranger plans on sale.
1) I thought all games were sold out.
2) The Rangers have been a a real good the last few years and this season, they have not been the Knicks, so why are tickets up for grabs?
The 10 game packs are only on sale for the club seats, because they are so overpriced and no one in thier right mind would buy them. ($250.00 for 100's center? haha give me a break)

If you want a 10 game or 22 game pack in affordable seats in the 200's, 300's or 400's, you have to join the waitlist which has thousands of people from what I understand. I was 221 last year and was part of the last group that was offered tickets this year, so I assume they get through around 300 per year.