HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs depth !! (Higgins returns Saturday)

Old
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM
JTWymanFan*

vCash: 500
Habs depth !! (Higgins returns Saturday)

I don't know ?
per RDS the 3rd line will be Begin-Lang-Kost and the fourth line Dandy-Lappy-Laraque. That doesn't seem too deep to me.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
I don't know ?
per RDS the 3rd line will be Begin-Lang-Kost and the fourth line Dandy-Lappy-Laraque. That doesn't seem too deep to me.
There is no AHL player in that lineup and we still have two injuries at foward... That is depth.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Judge Sauer*

This is for Saturday's game? the lines are set already? I thought they were waiting until the earliest on Friday to make any decisions?
And yes, it is depth. Think about what the lines owuld look like without Laraque, Lang and Tanguay in the line up. Higgins and Kosty would still be hurt so that brings up Dandenault to the third? ( I got shivers like an evil spirit brushed by me after typing that)

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
There is no AHL player in that lineup and we still have two injuries at foward... That is depth.

maybe but i still feel sorry for Lang.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
maybe but i still feel sorry for Lang.
Not I, Nonstopulous has been playing well and Begin has been playing well enough.

Old
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I don't know ?
They also said that Higgins might be in the lineup on Sat night. He's back on his skates, which is a good sign that he'll be there. Just have to see if he'll be part of regular practice today and tomorrow.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
I don't know ?
Take two top 9 wingers off of any team in the NHL and readjust their lines. Most teams would have to put in a guy or two from their farm team. The fact that these guys are all full-time NHLers is an impressive example of this team's depth, actually. You can't have 11 top nine forwards on your team and fit under the cap, so I think your expectations are a little high.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:33 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Change the title of this thread please.

I believe Higgins will play Saturday.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
oli500

We have that line up because we have injuries. It still better than what we had in the past. You obviously don't remember are Sundstrom Joe juneau andreas dackell line.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Change the title of this thread please.

I believe Higgins will play Saturday.
Somebody post a link saying that Higgins is coming back this Saturday and I'll change it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Not I, Nonstopulous has been playing well and Begin has been playing well enough.
Agreed. And IMO Kostop deserves a shot at the 3rd line, it's just too bad begin is the other forward, had it been somebody good I would've loved to see kost in an offensive role.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
We have that line up because we have injuries. It still better than what we had in the past. You obviously don't remember are Sundstrom Joe juneau andreas dackell line.
Bad flashback!!!

I remember that line. Its sad to note that that was our third line. Juha Lind and Johan Whitehall occupied the fourth line .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:55 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Bad flashback!!!

I remember that line. Its sad to note that that was our third line. Juha Lind and Johan Whitehall occupied the fourth line .
Who the **** are Lind and Whitehall. I swear to god, I watched that entire season of hockey and do not remember those two guys in the slightest.

Was it really already that long ago since we had Dackell Sundstrom and Juneau?!?

Old
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Kosto has been playing well it is true. But....His offensive skills are limited.

He has little vision for offensive plays.

He does not have the...soft hands that most skillful offensive players have.

He is not a great passer.

He does not have a great shot.

Lang does have good offensive skills, good passer, good shot, good vision. Almost always in the right position at the right time. So he is usually more productive when he has more offensive skilled linemates. But with the injuries our team has now there are not enough to give him two offensively skillful linemates.

I hope that our injured players can get back to playing shape soon so Lang can keep displaying his good offensive skills with skillful linemates like S. Kosti, and Higgins.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
I don't understand the topic.you tried to prove that we don't have any depth, but those 2 lines, after so many injuries, proves me the contrary.

Last year line 3 and 4 was : Smolinski-Kosto-Begin / Lapierre-Streit-(Dandenault/Lats) ??? (I may be wrong)

this look about the same

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

If you don't know what depth is, well there is a definition in the dictionary. I don't know how to explain it to you... I tried a week or two ago, seems like it has not worked.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Who the **** are Lind and Whitehall. I swear to god, I watched that entire season of hockey and do not remember those two guys in the slightest.

Was it really already that long ago since we had Dackell Sundstrom and Juneau?!?
Holy ****, did their playing mess you up so bad that you blocked them from memory....because I wish that happened to me...well, the late 90's and early 21st century for me when it comes to the Habs.

Old
10-23-2008, 11:26 AM
x-bob

Quote:

I dont think they were there when Sundstrom was with us. We went to the playoffs with Sundstrom (and got bounced by Tampa in the second round) but Lind and Whitehall were not on that team if I remember correctly.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Somebody post a link saying that Higgins is coming back this Saturday and I'll change it.
The score ticker yesterday was saying Higgins will be in on Saturday....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I dont think they were there when Sundstrom was with us. We went to the playoffs with Sundstrom (and got bounced by Tampa in the second round) but Lind and Whitehall were not on that team if I remember correctly.
Yeah... if those players were on our team somewhere in the mid 90s then I'd understand why I don't remember, because I was only born in 85, I'd be 10 at that point, and when you're ten, it's all about the goal scorers and goaltending

It's funny, now a days my main focus is our defenseman. Maybe it's because our offense and goaltending seem to be solid and our defense needs maybe a bit of work, but with all the defensive prospects we have on the verge of being ready (1-3 years total for a big group), it's hard not to focus on defense

Old
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

lol...I think you have blocked them out of your mind neofury, cause sadly they were around.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol...I think you have blocked them out of your mind neofury, cause sadly they were around.
I'm really starting to doubt my own memory here.

So I checked out HockeyDB. Apparently there is no record of either of those guys ever being on our team.

Maybe a brainwashing ray was sent out through the television screen on our last game of the season that year and we were all forced to forget it. Those of us who didn't watch, still know the truth cause they missed the game! Then the government and NHL conspired to delete any reference to the existances of these players careers in the NHL.

Check hockeydb. Whitehall apparently never even played more than 2 seasons in a below NHL level league and Lind apparently never played for the habs LMAO.

Old
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Those are just the lines at practice. Higgins, no doubt they were trying to ease him in, was with the 4th line group.

Juha Lind and Johan Witehall...bad memories of the most brutal Habs season ever (2000-01).

neofury:

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagu...000452001.html

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:57 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Those are just the lines at practice. Higgins, no doubt they were trying to ease him in, was with the 4th line group.

Juha Lind and Johan Witehall...bad memories of the most brutal Habs season ever (2000-01).

neofury:

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagu...000452001.html
Ahh kk ty, found different people that's y.

I think I'm starting to get flashbacks now... of this witehall guy.... the lind dude I have no idea. I remember asham tho.

EDIT: wow the lind guy could barely play 50 games in a season outside of the NHL. Needless to say I doubt it was due to injury

Witehall doesn't seem TOO bad outside if the NHL however.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old
10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
CH4

Quote:
I'm really starting to doubt my own memory here.

So I checked out HockeyDB. Apparently there is no record of either of those guys ever being on our team.

Maybe a brainwashing ray was sent out through the television screen on our last game of the season that year and we were all forced to forget it. Those of us who didn't watch, still know the truth cause they missed the game! Then the government and NHL conspired to delete any reference to the existances of these players careers in the NHL.

Check hockeydb. Whitehall apparently never even played more than 2 seasons in a below NHL level league and Lind apparently never played for the habs LMAO.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=28402

Juha Lind played two seasons for the habs, for a total of 60 games (not at the same time the Sundstrom tho)

I don't know who this whitehall is and never heard of him, so I doubt he did play for the habs

Ah it is Witehall not whitehall, that explain it.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote