HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about these lines...barring any trades..

Old
10-23-2008, 12:56 AM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
No that was Orr beating up brooksbank.
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39546

My vision may not be what it use to be but I am pretty sure that says he fought Comodore after the hit on Cullen.

As for the topic at hand, this has taken a familiar detour into the land of " I don't think we should be dressing a goon" debate. You obviously don't like the idea of dressing someone who's sole purpose is to fight. That is your opinion and I can respect that, I think alot of posters on here share that opinion. I fall on the other side of the fence. I think Orr does serve a purpose. The fact that he has worked hard to turn himself into a responsible defensive hockey player makes him dressing every game alot easier to swallow, because he isn't a liabilty out there.

Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 10-23-2008 at 01:12 AM.
TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post

My vision may not be what it use to be but I am pretty sure that says he fought Comodore after the hit on Cullen.

As for the topic at hand, this has taken a familiar detour into the land of " I don't think we should be dressing a goon" debate. You obviously don't like the idea of dressing someone who's sole purpose is to fight. That is your opinion and I can respect that, I think alot of posters on here share that opinion. I fall on the other side of the fence. I think Orr does serve a purpose. The fact that he has worked hard to turn himself into a responsible defensive hockey player makes him dressing every game alot easier to swallow, because he isn't a liabilty out there.
I totally agree. I'll go a step further and say that Orr will score a goal in the next ten games.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Merlin401

Quote:
Well the point I wanted to make was that I think Slats should have went after Commodore, or Sauer (from the Avs) or maybe even Struds who's now on Edmonton. I'm sorry "enforcers" are only referred to when talking about forwards? I didn't know that. I thought a D man could be an enforcer too.
A defenseman can be an enforcer. The point is Laraque and Brashear are not defensemen. And Commodore and Sauer are tough but they certainly are not enforcers. They may fight 4 or 5 times a year against middleweights.

There are very few "enforcer" defensemen anymore. Last one I can think of is Eric Cairns. Now there are only tough defensemen (Chara, Boynton, Phaneuf, etc), which, totally agreed on the Ranger's need for one of these. Thankfully Mara is stepping up this year though.

Quote:
And yes, I'm tired of watching Colton Orr play hockey because I'm sorry, but I think the guy stinks horribly as a hockey player. I just don't want the guy in the lineup no matter how many Fedoruks he can knock out in one game.
Well you know all those 11 guys you like watching play that are above Orr on the pecking order? Maybe they're only going to be playing because Orr is there in the first place. If you dont remember, the Fedoruk KO came as a result of MAJOR Flyer headhunting on Jagr and everyone else when Orr was not in the lineup. So either Orr plays now or he draws in after a month when spots open up in the lineup because key guys are dropping like flies. Think about that!

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:14 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post

When you're right you're right. Youtube has the evidence. Maybe it was Brooksbank who fought Orr the next time they met Carolina. Now if I remember that correctly. Brooksbank got hit hard with a right.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
A defenseman can be an enforcer. The point is Laraque and Brashear are not defensemen. And Commodore and Sauer are tough but they certainly are not enforcers. They may fight 4 or 5 times a year against middleweights.

There are very few "enforcer" defensemen anymore. Last one I can think of is Eric Cairns. Now there are only tough defensemen (Chara, Boynton, Phaneuf, etc), which, totally agreed on the Ranger's need for one of these. Thankfully Mara is stepping up this year though.

Well you know all those 11 guys you like watching play that are above Orr on the pecking order? Maybe they're only going to be playing because Orr is there in the first place. If you dont remember, the Fedoruk KO came as a result of MAJOR Flyer headhunting on Jagr and everyone else when Orr was not in the lineup. So either Orr plays now or he draws in after a month when spots open up in the lineup because key guys are dropping like flies. Think about that!
The point I was making with Laraque and Brashear (I know those two arent defensmen) was that Orr can't take either one of them. When I read the last few posts I see some good points. We'll see what happens. Such a long way to go. I really hope that if Orr is going to be in the lineup. That his skating continues to improve. And if he's around next year. Then we can work on his stick handling a little bit.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote