HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renny Breaking up Voros-Dubi-Zherdev

Old
10-23-2008, 01:30 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Team dynamics. He's our captain, he's not playing terribly, he's just not scoring(even though last game he setup at least 5 quality chances that didnt get banged home).

If this was the Flyers and their current record, then i'd say yes, bench him. Right now, we have a winning record, lets not throw it all away.
Couldnt that exactly be what Renney is doing? He is taking apart our most(only?) effective line..

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
hell yea, Renney would never ever do it thou, you know who would thou.

Dawes Gomez Prucha
Voros Dubi Zherdev
Fritsche Korpedo Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Orr
If anything, I would have expected Prucha to play with Dubi...since dubi makes everyone better, he could have gotten something out of Prucha, then I wouldn't feel so bad about Z being moved off of Dubi's line.

I really think this would be best.

And I am not putting lines in any order as I think to roll 4 lines, they should all get the same minutes per game.

Dawes - Gomer - Callahan
Naslund - Drury - Z
Voros - Dubi - Prucha
Sjo - Betts - Orr

With Fritche being the scratch, Korpedo sent to Hartford for more playing time, and call up Corey Potter or Bobby S for some time in the big apple.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Couldnt that exactly be what Renney is doing? He is taking apart our most(only?) effective line..
...to balance out the rest of the lines. Yes, the trick is to get all the lines working, you can only go so far with one quality line.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
gravytrain6t

Well as far as gomez goes. He never seems to click as well when you put him with wingers who you're expected to get a lot of goals from. Jagr for instance played great for a few seasons with Nylander. He also played well with Dubinsky as his center. It would have worked again this year too. I'm not saying Gomez is a bad hockey player. Far from it. But it seems like he tries too hard and forces the play a little too much when he's paired with the same guys the organization got to probably play with Gomez in the first place. Now, I'm talking about the Naslunds and the Zherdevs. Many times, I've seen him turn the puck over because he feels like he needs to thread the needle and set up the goal scorers. I'm not saying that Gomez playing with Dawes and Cally should be a top line. Maybe second or even third. But I do feel it works much better because it seems like Gomez plays a much more natural or smooth game when playing with up and comers, (whom no one knows exactly how many goals to expect from) and feels less pressured to make the perfect pass. Instead I think it just comes more naturally. I think Prucha just the same would be a perfect fit on a Gomez line. I mean, If Gomez can get guys like Brian Gionta going and scoring a lot of goals, he can do the same for Cally, Dawes, and Prucha. Maybe more.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
And I am not putting lines in any order as I think to roll 4 lines, they should all get the same minutes per game.

Dawes - Gomer - Callahan
Naslund - Drury - Z
Voros - Dubi - Prucha
Sjo - Betts - Orr
You mean the top 3 lines should all get the same amount of time or do you really think SJO-Betts and Orr should get the same amount of time on the ice as Dubi's line or any of the other ones for that matter.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Gomez has more chemistry with Dawes, then he does with anyone else on the roster.

Split up Naslund and Drury who obviously have NO chemistry.

Drury and Gomez had chemistry.

Voros, Dubinsky, and Zherdev have a ton of chemistry. And are the most productive line we have.

Korpikoski has been great defensively, not so great offensively.

Sjostrom has been great at both ends.

Callahan is all over the ice.

So, what does logic say???

Dawes - Gomez- Drury
Voros - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Naslund - Callahan - Sjostrom
Orr - Betts- Korpikoski/Fritsche

Gee, that was difficult to figure out

Renney is CLUELESS with line combinations. Always has been. I defend him on all subjects BUT this one.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Horrible message to send this early.
Why is that a horrible message. Both players have absolutely looked like crap. Renney had no problem benching Nylander 2 or three years ago. he should bench these two as well. i don't care if Drury is the captain or Naslund is an Alternate. Hold players responsible for their poor play. he has no problem benching prucha, dawes, or Korps.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

So Our 1st line is basically a 3rd line with 1 1st line player, our 3rd line has arguably 2 2nd liners and a 1st liner, and our 2nd line has a 1st liner, a 4th liner, and a 3rd liner.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Gomez has more chemistry with Dawes, then he does with anyone else on the roster.

Voros, Dubinsky, and Zherdev have a ton of chemistry. And are the most productive line we have.

Dawes - Gomez- Drury

Renney is CLUELESS with line combinations. Always has been. I defend him on all subjects BUT this one.
I wouldn't mind those lines, at all. I think sitting drury for a game wouldn't be a bad idea either. He needs a fire lit under his ass to perform. Remember the game against Magnitogorsk. He actually looked like a $7 million player.

Old
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
So Our 1st line is basically a 3rd line with 1 1st line player, our 3rd line has arguably 2 2nd liners and a 1st liner, and our 2nd line has a 1st liner, a 4th liner, and a 3rd liner.
Atleast our fourth line makes sense, other than Sjo which could easily be a third liner on the team.

This is all part of Renney's plan. If the players and fans are this confused over the lines, how can't the opposing team be lost by it! It's genious, they will spend the whole game marveling at the random line combos and not actually play hockey, they won't realize we took a 1-0 lead!

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Dawes - Gomez- Drury

I actually like this line combinations. Now if only someone could forward them to Renney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Atleast our fourth line makes sense, other than Sjo which could easily be a third liner on the team.

This is all part of Renney's plan. If the players and fans are this confused over the lines, how can't the opposing team be lost by it! It's genious, they will spend the whole game marveling at the random line combos and not actually play hockey, they won't realize we took a 1-0 lead!
Until we blow the 1-0 lead...like always. Or is it the 2-0 lead we ALWAYS BLOW.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
045NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
id say that Dubinsky Voros have been clicking and Zherdev just seems to be along for the ride. so this might work.
I agree with this, but I think they should put Z with Gomez. If it was Z on the breakaway against Dallas instead of Dawes he would have buried it. I think Gomez can find Z and Z can definitely score.

045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post

Well when Dawes and Callahan are matched up against Ovechkin and Semin, I think they'll know what hit em.

Old
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

I too feel that Z is kinda just "there" on that line. Even more-so I think Dubinsky does 75% of the work of the line.

So it's OK to break them up. I've been preaching for Dawes-Gomez-Z but whatever works......

It's not like they can score any less than the past few games.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

The Playstation line scored too many goals for Renney's tastes.

It's early in the season and we're not scoring much anyway, might as well give it a shot. Either way, good to see Fritsche getting a shot with the big boys.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I actually read this as Fritsche being in the crosshairs.
Forget the crosshairs. I believe that he is as good as gone and he knew it last week.

When he was interviewed during the game he said something like "I'll make it somewhere in the NHL, if not here". I get the feeling that neither side is very happy with this marriage.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Staalwart

I hate cally being on Gomer's wing. Gomez needs to be with Dawes, with whom he has more chemistry than anyone else, and Drury, Naslund, or Z. Gomez is a PLAYMAKER, he needs guys on his line to finish chances that he sets up for them. Out of the three choices, Zherdev makes the least sense for the simple fact that they both like to carry the puck through the neutral zone and Z can make his own space. Z needs to be playing with Drury, or Dubinsky.

Dawes-Gomez-_____
-Zherdev

The fourth line needs not be touched. Orr is our only real physical forward presence and a legit heavyweight, without our forwards get pummeled, Betts is a perfect fourth line center, and sjoo has speed and tremendous fore-check ability.

Dawes-Gomez-_____
-Zherdev

Sjoo-Betts-Orr

Drury has shown some Chemistry with Gomez but would also be the right type of center for Zherdev IMO. And voros' success has been directly related to playing with Dubi, until he gives a reason not to, he should be playing with him.

Dawes-Gomez-Drury/Naslund
Voros-Dubi/Drury-Zherdev

If the goal of this whole thing is to create a lineup with chemistry, why take away the only chemsitry this team has had so far. Sure there is a chance two lines start rolling instead of one, and there is just as likely a chance that no lines click and our offense gets worse. If the second line remains the same, there are plenty of other forward combos that could potentially reap this team some rewards.

Dawes-Gomez-Drury/Naslund
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev

Sjoo - Betts - Orr

This leaves the third line as the issue, as I'd guarantee if gomez was allowed to keep the same line mates for a few game period, chemistry will develop. He's a fantastic playmaker, once he knows his linemates tendencies he'll find them.

If korpikoski is gonna be with the big club, he needs to play. Scratching him does nothing. He looked great in preseason, granted this isn't preseason but a little patience and I think he'll adjust he's done nothing to give us reason to think otherwise. The final spot on the third line is the real question mark. There are three guys fighting for it, no one is stepping up. If someone eventual does, great, if not we need to pull of a quantity for quality type trade.

Dawes-Gomez-Drury
Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Naslund-Korp-Cally/Prucha/Fritsche
Sjoo-Betts-Orr

This lineup takes advantage of the areas where the most chemistry has been shown thus far. That's where we should start and build from there. IF we actually kept the same lineup together for 5 games or so and they started to click, this would a 3 line deep offensive team with a fourth line that does exactly what you want out of a fourth line.

For those of you who think Z has been absent on the second line, and want him with Gomez, I think
Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Voros-Dubi-Drury
ETC.
could also work, if you are along those lines of thinking.

And finally for those of you that want to run three centers deep:
Dawes-Gomez-Naslund
Voros-Dubi-Z
Korp/Drury-Drury/Korp-Cally/Pru/Fritsche
Fourth Line

These three possibilities are our best bet, and all variations keep players in roles that are for the most part their strengths. No matter what, we need to pick one and stay with it for a few games

On a side note, I agree that Fritsche is on his way out. It just doesn't seem to be working here.

Last edited by Staalwart: 10-23-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Staalwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Eh, I'd rather have Gomez with Zherdev and Naslund if Renney's going to tinker. At least Gomez and Zherdev.
The last two games, Gomez and Dawes have been working well together. I would leave that alone as it's the best both players have been so far this year.

If they can get Drury going by putting Zherdev on that line, then we may have 4 fully functional lines.

I'm looking at the lines more as pairs than as complete lines:

Gomez-Dawes
Dubinsky-Voros
Drury-Zherdev
Betts-Sjostrom

The extra wingers can be slotted in wherever. As long as those pairs are working, the line should work with whoever they stick on the other wing.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalwart View Post
I hate cally being on Gomer's wing. Gomez needs to be with Dawes, with whom he has more chemistry than anyone else, and Drury, Naslund, or Z. Gomez is a PLAYMAKER, he needs guys on his line to finish chances that he sets up for them. Out of the three choices, Zherdev makes the least sense for the simple fact that they both like to carry the puck through the neutral zone and Z can make his own space. Z needs to be playing with Drury, or Dubinsky.

Dawes-Gomez-_____
-Zherdev
Gomez is with Dawes already.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Staalwart

lol I'm aware of that, just making a case for the ideas I am proposing.

Old
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
You mean the top 3 lines should all get the same amount of time or do you really think SJO-Betts and Orr should get the same amount of time on the ice as Dubi's line or any of the other ones for that matter.
I dont know if you noticed but the Sjo-betts-orr line has been busting their ass out there. So i would say that right now Yes they should get the same amount of time as the Dubi line.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Staalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
I dont know if you noticed but the Sjo-betts-orr line has been busting their ass out there. So i would say that right now Yes they should get the same amount of time as the Dubi line.
It's their job to bust their ass, go out there gut the puck deep, work hard, finish their checks etc. Fact of the matter is, no matter how hard they bust their ass, and no matter how much the other lines are slumping. The other lines are still bigger threats to score goals which is this teams biggest problem right now

Old
10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Great, let's break up the only line that actually works.

If this "experiment' fails, I'd say a trade is 100% needed.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Levitate

Dubinsky's line was pretty spotty lately anyways. Honestly, beyond a few games, I've been fairly underwhelmed by the forwards so far. I don't mind shaking things up a bit, but this all really hinges on Naslund and Drury not sucking anymore, and Zherdev getting more creative and scoring some goals

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Horrible decision. We're ****ed. Just break our one line that clicks. Good ****, eh?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote