HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steve Downie

Old
10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I still remember Kaktus and Jonathan getting into a 9 page or so "debate" about Downie vs.Dubinsky when they were both in the minors. Even at about March of last year, Kaktus still defended his argument.

I'd really love to see him attempt to back Downie now.
not going to pretend i know what was said, but downie and dubinsky are very different players. apples and oranges, in my opinion.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
I would imagine, if there was a trade, that Downie and Aliu could forget they once had an issue so that they could each make millions of dollars playing hockey. It's either that, or the Kwikie Mart for both of 'em. I'm pretty sure they finished their juniors careers without axe-murdering each other.

Downie's a jerk? Fair enough, but considering basically everyone on the Spits sided with him, what's Aliu? The guy has size, speed, talent...why'd he drop so far in the draft? Pot, meet kettle.

Now true most people do forget the people who picked on them or "hazed" them. But Aliu seems to have some bad blood with Downie (Aliu lost 3 teeth from Downie cross checking him.) So I don't think Aliu would welcome Downie onto the same team as him without probably something stupid happening.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:27 AM
blah

This has Justin Williams/Patrick Sharp potential for the Flyers written all over it. Stevens isn't letting him play through mistakes, and now he's back in the AHL. The Flyers have too many young forwards on the way for them to sit on asset like Downie. If they don't plan on using him, they will trade him. If that happens, hope your team is the lucky team that gets him. He is going to be a very good hockey player.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 06:22 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post

Now true most people do forget the people who picked on them or "hazed" them. But Aliu seems to have some bad blood with Downie (Aliu lost 3 teeth from Downie cross checking him.) So I don't think Aliu would welcome Downie onto the same team as him without probably something stupid happening.

If Aliu or Downie can't forget something that happened years ago in junior, to pursue a career they've dreamed of thier entire lives that will pay them far more than they could make doing anything else, then they don't belong in the NHL. I'd actually think they already have, since there was never any follow up in junior.

These aren't the first two guys who've lost teeth in junior and came to the NHL.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Coolix

uhh... Steve Downie played for Team Canada at the Juniors twice, and was a first round pick. He's not just some hack like you guys are making him out to be. If he learns to control himself he'll have awesome potential.

Coolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 07:55 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolix View Post
uhh... Steve Downie played for Team Canada at the Juniors twice, and was a first round pick. He's not just some hack like you guys are making him out to be. If he learns to control himself he'll have awesome potential.
he's also got great leadership potential. he's been a captain of a team and led by example in kitchener. i'll be very disappointed if the flyers trade this guy.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote