HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#7 -- Flyers at Devils -- October 24, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
flyersfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I bought tickets for this game yesterday, so I'll be traveling to the unholy place of North Jersey (no offense FF97). Never been to a Devils game up there before, so any advice from people? I'm upper-level, so I'm not sure if I should avoid a Flyers shirt altogether or what, but I'll be there with a Devils fan at least. ****ers better win tonight dammit.
Ha-ha, believe me, none taken. You will have no problem wearing your jersey no matter where you are in there, at least that's been my experience at the Meadowlands, I've never been to the Pru Center. You may get heckled a bit, but honestly, who cares?

One of the reasons I've never been there, nor do I have the desire to go, is that the upper level is crazy steep--almost vertical (watch the drinking ). I've seen the architect's rendering of it and have had friends who've been there tell me that they were afraid to even stand--it's that steep.

Anyway, good luck with your commute up here and most especially with the game. Enjoy yourself, I hope they get a win for you (something I've never seen in my dozens and dozens and dozens of treks to the Meadowlands).

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Tommy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
But the real question is, who is expected to finish the game?

LOL True True!

Come on Marty give us a game tonight!

Let's go!

Tommy D

Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Ha-ha, believe me, none taken. You will have no problem wearing your jersey no matter where you are in there, at least that's been my experience at the Meadowlands, I've never been to the Pru Center. You may get heckled a bit, but honestly, who cares?

One of the reasons I've never been there, nor do I have the desire to go, is that the upper level is crazy steep--almost vertical (watch the drinking ). I've seen the architect's rendering of it and have had friends who've been there tell me that they were afraid to even stand--it's that steep.

Anyway, good luck with your commute up here and most especially with the game. Enjoy yourself, I hope they get a win for you (something I've never seen in my dozens and dozens and dozens of treks to the Meadowlands).
Hahaha thanks! I'll be watching the drinking anyway cause it's a little longer than the 15 minute ride home I have down here. That sucks it's so steep though. I'm afriad of heights enough as it is now, and I'm just getting used to sitting all the way at the top of the Wach. Oh well. I'll be doing my goal celebrations in my seat anyway haha.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

I'll be getting my drink on at the Whisky convention downtown.

Make this night perfect Flyers!!!!!

Marty vs. Marty - LET'S GO PHILLY!!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

When is the last time we won in Jersey?
shirk the trend

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Hahaha thanks! I'll be watching the drinking anyway cause it's a little longer than the 15 minute ride home I have down here. That sucks it's so steep though. I'm afriad of heights enough as it is now, and I'm just getting used to sitting all the way at the top of the Wach. Oh well. I'll be doing my goal celebrations in my seat anyway haha.
Are you driving up or taking mass transit?

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Are you driving up or taking mass transit?
Driving. It's probably gonna take long enough leaving at rush hour, and public transportation won't be any faster.

Old
10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post

Marty vs. Marty - LET'S GO PHILLY!!
That makes me soo much more confident

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:44 AM
IrishSniper87

Let's go Flyers!!!!!!!!

Please play all 60 minutes tonight guys. Show some heart.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
But the real question is, who is expected to finish the game?
After Marty allows 6 in the first, and Nitty allows 6 in the second, we're going with 6 skaters and no goalie for the third. We're going to come back to win 13-12.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
After Marty allows 6 in the first, and Nitty allows 6 in the second, we're going with 6 skaters and no goalie for the third. We're going to come back to win 13-12.
Ugh, if we have no goalie for an entire period...

Brodeur scores the game winner.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
carcillorocks

carcillorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1521
Quote:
Pat Quinn tried something like that in the last game of the 1979 playoffs.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBgags View Post
All I want for my birthday is a Flyers Win!!!!!!!!!!
Well I hope you get your Birthday wish cause I never got mine on Wednesday. Anyways Happy b-day and..................

LLLEEETTTTSSSS GOOOOO FFFFFLLLLYY-ERRSS!! LETS GO!!

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Sounds like a good plan but only if we run out 4 forwards instead of 3 D. We could have 6 D out and still let up 5 goals a night.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
flyersfan420

win... dammit.. win!! need this soo bad!! come on team... **** THESE INJURIES.. EVERY YEAR WE CANT BUY A BREAK.. I JUST DONT GET IT

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:11 PM
DevilsFan38

Quote:
I bought tickets for this game yesterday, so I'll be traveling to the unholy place of North Jersey (no offense FF97). Never been to a Devils game up there before, so any advice from people? I'm upper-level, so I'm not sure if I should avoid a Flyers shirt altogether or what, but I'll be there with a Devils fan at least. ****ers better win tonight dammit.
You are definitely fine wearing Flyers gear. Unless you're being a complete ******* the worst you'll get is some good-natured banter.

Quote:

It's really not that bad. It is steep, but I don't think it's worse than the Meadowlands. At the least, you don't have that ridiculously long steep flight of steps to climb if you're at the top of the upper level (I don't think the Rock has more than 10 rows in the upper level, the Meadowlands had 20+).

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Amateur Hour

Should I have any reason to feel even the least bit confident about tonight's game?

3-1 Devils

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
MsWoof

I'm not expecting much but I just hope our Marty has a solid game to get some confidence back.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Should I have any reason to feel even the least bit confident about tonight's game?

3-1 Devils
Only 3 goals?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post

3-1 Devils
******* it! ****ing predictions!

Now that I think of it, you did put it in the Devils favor, so it may give us some luck.

Old
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Orange Crush 89

I hope our team never wins another game ever again for the rest of all time and everything forever ever always and ever infinity (and beyond?). I also hope John Stevens gets promoted to Supreme Chancellor and assumes absolute control over the Flyers for all eternity, meaning even after the day he passes on he will some how rule all that is Flyersland from beyond the grave and make all decisions about everything there is to decide upon. I also hope Bob Clarke is brought in to make some changes before Stevens assumes absolute control and trades for some 6'6" d-men with bum knees. Like 12 of them, yeah, 12 6'6" d-men with bad knees, and we dress every single one of them every single game. Just like 3 d-lines of them and 2 forward lines of 6'6" d-men. Yeah, that'd be aweeeeesome. They should also find the biggest refuse bin they can inside Wachovia Center and paint a Hextall jersey on it and start it in goal. I have a feeling it would stop more pucks than if you were to stitch Biron and Niittymaki together at the hip like that movie 'Stuck On You.'

Also, on an off-topic note, I'd like to see the Flyers loan Cote to the Phillies with the stipulation that if you lead off the inning with a double and don't even score one run that every batter after he-who-hit-double gets the snot beat out of them for five minutes. Alsoryanhowardshouldlayoffthecheesesteaksbecausehe sfat.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
I hope our team never wins another game ever again for the rest of all time and everything forever ever always and ever infinity (and beyond?). I also hope John Stevens gets promoted to Supreme Chancellor and assumes absolute control over the Flyers for all eternity, meaning even after the day he passes on he will some how rule all that is Flyersland from beyond the grave and make all decisions about everything there is to decide upon. I also hope Bob Clarke is brought in to make some changes before Stevens assumes absolute control and trades for some 6'6" d-men with bum knees. Like 12 of them, yeah, 12 6'6" d-men with bad knees, and we dress every single one of them every single game. Just like 3 d-lines of them and 2 forward lines of 6'6" d-men. Yeah, that'd be aweeeeesome. They should also find the biggest refuse bin they can inside Wachovia Center and paint a Hextall jersey on it and start it in goal. I have a feeling it would stop more pucks than if you were to stitch Biron and Niittymaki together at the hip like that movie 'Stuck On You.'

Also, on an off-topic note, I'd like to see the Flyers loan Cote to the Phillies with the stipulation that if you lead off the inning with a double and don't even score one run that every batter after he-who-hit-double gets the snot beat out of them for five minutes. Alsoryanhowardshouldlayoffthecheesesteaksbecausehe sfat.
Blame subway for that. Maybe he wants to make it into the mmm mmmm...... hall of fame for being the slowest ******* baseball player ever.

Oh and my suggestion for stopping goals: Niitty or Marty, or whoever's in net, should just wear a **** ton of those bags, so that way every player on the ice wouldn't want to go near them. They'd just have to find a special made gas mask to fit under goalie mask.

Old
10-24-2008, 01:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Well i figured I would change my sig to hopefully turn the bad start around. well that and like MOST everyone else I am hoping for something else as well.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Kambo, go to the game. Buy a devils flag. Sit in the parking lot and get your buzz on. Then when Devils fans start walking by, take a lighter to the flag and wave it around.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote